The Person Sitting Next to Me Looking at Me with Perverted Eyes (Pre-Serialization) - Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
She fucked him up so bad he's got perv-vision on everyone he sees now. I'd love to hear that convo between them about it.

Thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
At first I thought, double standards, but then I realised it was a perfectly reasonable and measured response to being called chubby.
He just called her sexy, though? It's definitely double standards lmao. Even to the point that even the male TSUNDERE gets hit rather than what typically happens with female tsunderes :facepalm:

Dex-chan lover
Aaaaaaand physical abuse. Rating's dropping like a stone~!

Don't care if you're all masochists, I don't like what I don't like. Attacking someone like that is an absolute no-no in my book.
People are angry at you, but I think that this series is a good example of how uneven these things are between the genders. A "role reversal" like this sorta doesnt work because the female "perv" gets to do it without any consequences and always ends up on top, no matter what. While the male "tsundere" is only ever going to get either called out or (like in this case, hit). It's always gonna be imbalanced.

If you take the opposite, a female tsundere and a male perv, then the guy is gonna be pervy and maybe even make the tsundere flustered (that's his "strength"), but get "punished" for it both verbally and often physically. The woman is automatically protected both from verbal and physical consequences for her actions, so it balances out.

But if you instead have a woman do these things, there are no consequences for her to balance it out. The guy just gets the short end of the stick, every single time. As can be seen in this series. Which makes it kinda frustrating to read. But oh well, it's still enjoyable.

Dex-chan lover
People are angry at you, but I think that this series is a good example of how uneven these things are between the genders. A "role reversal" like this sorta doesnt work because the female "perv" gets to do it without any consequences and always ends up on top, no matter what. While the male "tsundere" is only ever going to get either called out or (like in this case, hit). It's always gonna be imbalanced.

If you take the opposite, a female tsundere and a male perv, then the guy is gonna be pervy and maybe even make the tsundere flustered (that's his "strength"), but get "punished" for it both verbally and often physically. The woman is automatically protected both from verbal and physical consequences for her actions, so it balances out.

But if you instead have a woman do these things, there are no consequences for her to balance it out. The guy just gets the short end of the stick, every single time. As can be seen in this series. Which makes it kinda frustrating to read. But oh well, it's still enjoyable.
Wow that's a whole lotta nothing. I've read a manga where the male tsundere often punched and kicked the female lead, it was funny and tons of people loved it, it even got an anime adaptation. It's called "Aho girl" if you're curious. There isn't some magic double standard, stop being delusional please.

Dex-chan lover
Aaaaaaand physical abuse. Rating's dropping like a stone~!

Don't care if you're all masochists, I don't like what I don't like. Attacking someone like that is an absolute no-no in my book.
Dude you walk up to a woman and call her fat, see what happens. Women are violent lil creatures that lash out at anything that offends them, but the fact they are physically weak is what makes it funny, as opposed to a guy hitting a woman, which is just wrong. (Unless she's into that I guess, lol.) This is because there's this little thing called a "power imbalance" the guy could wipe the floor with her, she couldn't do anything to him. trust me that hit from the bag probably hurt for all of 20 seconds.

Dex-chan lover
Wow that's a whole lotta nothing. I've read a manga where the male tsundere often punched and kicked the female lead, it was funny and tons of people loved it, it even got an anime adaptation. It's called "Aho girl" if you're curious. There isn't some magic double standard, stop being delusional please.
Series like Aho Girl are immensely rare. That's probably why people liked it, because it is such an unusual role reversal. And I personally felt really bad for her, so there's no inconsistency there. If you believe there is no double standard, then that's your choice. Lots of people out there choose to be blind to things.

And you completely miss the issue with your "power imbalance" comment. Can a guy wipe the floor with a girl and brutalize her? Sure. But guess what? That's why we have both a culture and a state that will intervene and completely destroy the guy's life if he even so much as hints at trying to harm her physically. Just take any example of couples arguing in public and see how people react to a man getting beaten vs the guy just raising his voice.

There is a social power imbalance here. A girl can beat up a guy and expect no retaliation, while a guy can never even so much as lift a finger in self-defense without expecting massive social repercussions. A girl who chooses to beat up a guy is abusing her social power over him, knowing that he cant fight back and if he complains, he will be made fun of. Characters who abuse this double standard end up being very unlikeable to me, unless there is at least some balance with them getting some kind of consequence (not a physical one, but ex. being embarrassed or flustered over SOMETHING, not always staying on top and always getting away with literally anything, like the girl in this manga).

Dex-chan lover
Series like Aho Girl are immensely rare. That's probably why people liked it, because it is such an unusual role reversal. And I personally felt really bad for her, so there's no inconsistency there. If you believe there is no double standard, then that's your choice. Lots of people out there choose to be blind to things.

And you completely miss the issue with your "power imbalance" comment. Can a guy wipe the floor with a girl and brutalize her? Sure. But guess what? That's why we have both a culture and a state that will intervene and completely destroy the guy's life if he even so much as hints at trying to harm her physically. Just take any example of couples arguing in public and see how people react to a man getting beaten vs the guy just raising his voice.

There is a social power imbalance here. A girl can beat up a guy and expect no retaliation, while a guy can never even so much as lift a finger in self-defense without expecting massive social repercussions. A girl who chooses to beat up a guy is abusing her social power over him, knowing that he cant fight back and if he complains, he will be made fun of. Characters who abuse this double standard end up being very unlikeable to me, unless there is at least some balance with them getting some kind of consequence (not a physical one, but ex. being embarrassed or flustered over SOMETHING, not always staying on top and always getting away with literally anything, like the girl in this manga).
Ok first off the dude sexually harassed her first, TWICE, and continues to sexually harass her, so it's surprising that this is the first time that he's been hit, but that's just because she chooses to pay back sexual harassment with sexual harassment, secondly the "man getting beaten" wth do you mean? I've never seen a man getting beaten by a woman, does he have some sort of illness or something? Do his legs not work? If a man gets beaten by a woman, either that woman is an Amazon warrior or something, or the man is too dumb to run or doesn't care about getting hit because the blows are weak anyways. There are some super rare cases of men getting abused and they are usually just because the guy is mentally weak, which is unfortunate and he should be helped, but the cases are incredibly rare. And lastly idk where you live, but if a woman tried to beat a guy here where I live, the guy would be fully within his rights to introduce her to his favorite firearm. AMERICA RAAAAAAAGHHH 🇺🇲🇺🇸🇺🇲🇺🇸🦅🦅🦅🦅

Dex-chan lover
Ok first off the dude sexually harassed her first, TWICE, and continues to sexually harass her, so it's surprising that this is the first time that he's been hit, but that's just because she chooses to pay back sexual harassment with sexual harassment, secondly the "man getting beaten" wth do you mean? I've never seen a man getting beaten by a woman, does he have some sort of illness or something? Do his legs not work? If a man gets beaten by a woman, either that woman is an Amazon warrior or something, or the man is too dumb to run or doesn't care about getting hit because the blows are weak anyways. There are some super rare cases of men getting abused and they are usually just because the guy is mentally weak, which is unfortunate and he should be helped, but the cases are incredibly rare. And lastly idk where you live, but if a woman tried to beat a guy here where I live, the guy would be fully within his rights to introduce her to his favorite firearm. AMERICA RAAAAAAAGHHH 🇺🇲🇺🇸🇺🇲🇺🇸🦅🦅🦅🦅
You sound like a child, ngl. That's not how the world works and the fact that you havent discovered this yet means that you're likely in for a surprise when you grow older (or have any real interaction with a woman).

Dex-chan lover
You sound like a child, ngl. That's not how the world works and the fact that you havent discovered this yet means that you're likely in for a surprise when you grow older (or have any real interaction with a woman).
Funnily enough I've had multiple interactions with women, none of them hit me because I'm not some idiot with zero tact, if a woman hits a dude it's usually his fault, or he really should've dodged. People that whine about double standards look like idiots, feels about the same as if someone said "man a cat can scratch me, but I'm not allowed to strangle it to death in retaliation, what a twisted world we live in smh" you look stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread