The Politics Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Damn, you can't even use pronouns nowadays. they'll come for you, sterven.

"It" is incredibly offensive way to refer to people who are genderfluid or othergender. It's othering and reductive. I thought you calling me a racist was sincere, but it turns out you were just camouflaging your sexism and transphobia as well.
Astaga gustiiii, aing teh kumaha iueee, sia teh punya otak nte, sia teh belajar untuk apa???? itu buku kamu untuk apa?

"It" is not racist you fucking retard. WE DOESNT EVEN KNOW EACH OTHER I DONT EVEN KNOW YOUR GENDER THAT IS WHY WE USE YOUR NAME OR "IT" OR "THEM" OR "THEY"

Dex-chan lover
I generally am a strong advocate of personal responsibility, including what one thinks or believes, but I sincerely hope someday there is some kind of punishment for the educators responsible for inflicting the kind of neurosis in evidence here on the young people of the current generation of young people.

Burdening their psyches with so much nonsense to the point of this kind of neurotic thought process is nothing short of abuse.

Fed-Kun's army
From the way @Halo and the rest of you guys were posting you seemed to all be left leaning, why are you attacking one of your own?

Dex-chan lover
@colorfulsoy oh i know that language, it something called sandanese isn't it.
edit: apparently it's spelled sundanese. sorry.

@chrona welcome to the politic megathread

Supporter
@Richman
200.gif

@The_Pirate
I can't take this to heart knowing that you aren't being honest in this discussion anymore. I have corrected the "use/mention" distinction I failed to earlier and have no need to respond to someone both racist and sexist like yourself after this point.
Ah i'm deeply offended that you dont think im being 100% honest with you here but what else should I expect from a racist such as yourself.

@ColorfulSoy
It's a bit responding promptly after being dogpiled on, please forgive my tardiness in answering. I believe it was stated earlier in the thread, but @Halo first assumed that a child depicted in a meme was hispanic, when they were in fact from Australia, and second, that American children should be the only ones in memes.

"It" is not racist you fucking retard. WE DOESNT KNOW EACG OTHER I DONT KNOW YOUR GENDER THAT IS WHY WE USE YOUR NAME OR "IT" OR "THEM" OR "THEY"

You are correct that "they/them" would be the appropriate pronoun if the gender of the other person is unknown, "it" on the otherhand, is used in English only to refer to inanimate objects and animals, showing a severe amount of transphobia from those who use it to refer to people.

@sterven
In that case, the correct pronouns to use are "they/them" not the othering "it".

As you stated and I agree with sterven, it's impossible for a minority such as myself and (possibly?) yourself to be racists, so I am not racist, unless you were lying to camoflauge your own white supremacist identity?

@Ceildric
I can only say I hold views consistent with leftist identity politics and that I follow the natural modern result of such a line of thinking. I am sorry to hear that you refuse to address your innate biases, going so far as to even try to defend @Halo by saying he is mentally impaired when you truly didn't believe so.

Staff
Super Moderator
tfw you can't call people retards ironically anymore.

Halo, you're a retard (jokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejokejoke)

I take that back, going to think about something else to say about the topic.
Also stervem, you did fuck up, you don't use "it" on people, The_Pirate has a point

@The_Pirate
I literally dead serious want know what is goin on with you and what is your perspectice towards this topic so that i can help you, but guess what? I just cant!!!!

@ColorfulSoy
I understand completely, @Halo has a similar problem where I simply can't communicate on his developmental level as stated by @Ceildric (though even that I am starting to doubt at this point). Perhaps it's the same for you, and for that I apologize, I wish I could do more to help.

Dex-chan lover
@colorfulsoy
I apologize colorfulsoy, while attempting to being a smartass who thinks i was right the whole time, I failed to spell the language right in my writing causing confusion. I have hence corrected my posts, in order to remedy this misunderstanding of addressing the smartass i am. I hope that you, the one who originally spoke the language, can forgive me for doing so.

@the_pirate
this is how stupid you sound, in case you don't understand a whole joke someone did sarcastically

Dex-chan lover
@The_Pirate

I believe I stand in good company with great thinkers through history, going back at least as far as Socrates, when being less than sincere in order to make a point. Of course, perhaps, you would take one look at Socrates' twitter feed and declare him (like everyone else born before 1990) to be horribly racist, sexist, and ableist and worthy of being dismissed out of hand.

If you are not finished with your schooling yet, I would highly (and sincerely) recommend you take a few more language arts and philosophy classes, and a few less gender politics ones (or similar) so that you can better recognize rhetorical devices and sarcasm in the future.

Dex-chan lover
@Richman
What about Halo? Why is he racist according to you?
Allow me to explain. Here's my problematic joke:
First they took our jobs, then they took our memes.
Why won't you use AMERICAN CHILDREN in your memes, you commie! 😡
https://mangadex.org/thread/16434/9/#post_3418708
Which I made towards a post with the Taco Girl meme:
6rZ8g8R.jpg

https://mangadex.org/thread/16434/9/#post_3418666
The reason why I made this joke is to make fun of certain views about "illegal immigration." But I digress, this is the "Why Halo Is Racist" thread after all.

You see, even though in the original ad she said it in Spanish, Mia Agraviador is obviously a citizen of Australia.
My comment was very insensitive and I'm very sorry.😔

Staff
Super Moderator
The expression "why don't we have both?" was originally quoted by a child model in a TV commercial for the Old El Paso at-home taco kit that contains both hard-shell and soft tortillas. In the commercial, a group of Spanish speakers are seen arguing over the quality of hard and soft tacos, to which the girl proposes “Why not both?” with a shrug and puts an end to the debate. Though it is unclear when the commercial first aired, it was discussed online as early as September 2009.

BLEEEEGHGHH
I puke at this commercial, I thought it was quality food, not trash.

@hazzack
Is that really how I sound? I apologize, I was only following @Ceildric's example here
Why can't you be more sensitive to Halo's lack of social development? If avoiding this so-called "racism" and "ableism" is so virtuous, and such a mark of a healthy and correctly functioning individual, then clearly someone like Halo who is "racist" and "ableist" must suffer from some kind of developmental or processing disorder.

Check your privilege ableist.
and trying to apply it to my own life. Maybe you were right and Ceildric wasn't being genuine, and in that case, I feel ashamed for having myself follow the thought process of someone ableist like him only pretending to care about those who are differently-abled.

@Ceildric
If you are not finished with your schooling yet, I would highly (and sincerely) recommend you take a few more language arts and philosophy classes, and a few less gender politics ones (or similar) so that you can better recognize rhetorical devices and sarcasm in the future.
I have done some studying of those topics myself thank you very much and it's very ageist of you to assume that, even if I were young, my opinion is somehow inferior to yours. My opinion of the use of sarcasm in discourse is as follows.

Any community that gets its laughs by pretending to be idiots will eventually be flooded by actual idiots who mistakenly believe that they're in good company.

Put another, people pretending to be racists will eventually attract racists if we do nothing about it.

@Halo
You see, even though in the original ad she said it in Spanish
Oh I see, just because she was a person-of-color who was speaking in Spanish you assumed she was Hispanic and that's "okay" for some reason? What a bigot.

@sterven
If you didn't even a minor portion of research, you'd know that being otherkin and being othergender are two different things. You can identify as a cloud and remain identifying as female, that does not mean you can refer to that person using "it". No where in that article does it ever state that referring to someone as "it", even if they are otherkin, is acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread