The Politics Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fed-Kun's army
@Halo
I already said we didn't agree, because unlike you, who is someone who compliments people by stating they are supported by Nazis, I prefer not to support such people. I don't think it's a good thing to be liked by Nazis, unlike you and what you've stated in this thread. However, I welcome you to discuss your views in this thread now that you're being sincere about how much of a compliment it is for someone to be liked by Nazis.

I however, do not use guilt by association as a debate tactic to distract from the issue, so while I am abhorrently opposed to Nazis, unlike you, I only started using guilt by association after I thought you had done so. You however, steadfastly state that it was a compliment to state someone was liked by Nazis, and this was a misunderstanding on my part that I thought you were sarcastic, and not being 100% sincere about it being a good thing for someone to be liked by Nazis. I apologize for my use of guilt by association when I was confused by what I misknowingly assumed was a shared negative stance towards Nazis, where I now realize I was wrong, and only I found Nazis to be negative, unlike you. I can edit the post that uses such tactics, now that I know you are being sincere about it being a good thing to be liked by Nazis.

@Halo
I wish Hitler did the same and just stuck with painting.

I like this historical ignorance because it just reinforces my growing belief that everyone wants to learn what is convenient and avoid what is inconvenient simply because its easier to live in ignorance.

Hitler was forcibly conscripted during WWI (you couldn't draft dodge if the war was in your own backyard), suffered neurological damage (he became paranoid, schizophrenic and was a temporary morphine addict) from being gassed by mustard gas (its a miracle if you even survive being gassed by that stuff, weirdly enough), and only applied to art school after the war was over. He then only got rejected simply because he was more of a "modern artist" than an actual artist.

He then got involved in politics shortly after getting involved with a labor union he was a member of.

Meanwhile we have Trump, who draft dodged a wildly unpopular war that dodgers were pardoned from in the '80s. Not to mention the fact that sons of wealthy families draft dodged simply by paying for false doctor's notes. The only wealthy draftable men who willingly went off to die were idiots chasing glory via nationalistic pride and a misled belief that we were helping people.

The Vietnam War was absolutely brutal. Once war correspondents were sending back photos like Napalm Girl or regular people met discharged soldiers, no one wanted to send their sons over there. It was a meat grinder with no other purpose.

--------------
Don't give me a spiel about how America supposedly values its veterans.
We. Do. Not.
They are the classic bully pulpit used for campaigning and then they are always forgotten after a candidate wins. Look at the VA, an absolute disgrace of something that should be the BARE MINIMUM of repayment for the men and women we send off to die or get maimed in pursuit of pointless global projection.

Dex-chan lover
@BrapEbony For me it's irrelevant thing, because I don't know what makes nazis to love Donald. He sure didn't ask for their support, as far as I know. But seeing how this makes you all so upset I have to wonder...

@Chrona And I, unlike you, don't think that being loved by nazis makes one a Hitler. Unless they did something to warrant this affection based on their nazi views and not some other reason. And once again, unlike you, I have no such knowledge to be sure.

Sheesh, conservatives calling Donald a Hitler, what a day...

@wowfucktron Interesting. Well, it doesn't change my point much. I still wish Hitler didn't participate in that war, even though it's no use to deliberate about. Thank you for this explanation though.

Dex-chan lover
@Chrona
Then don't, and don't take things literally. I'm not particularly keen on deep diving into the hypothetical (or the philosophical I suppose) but that's all you ask. It's a rabbit hole I don't want to touch and my only regret is responding to your tangent thinking it would be enough. The guy who ducked out when you tried this shit was smarter than me.

Your most clear position is the belief that no fraud occurred, which I agree is most likely I suppose.
Because that was the only road I was trying to stick to?

Honestly it's not surprising that Halo would come out as a Nazi, he already made racist posts earlier in the thread and is probably just hoping everyone forgets about it so he can wash his hands of the affair.

Fed-Kun's army
@Halo
And I, unlike you, don't think that being loved by nazis makes one a Hitler.
I don't agree with this at all, so please don't misquote me. Nowhere in this thread have I said that Nazis liking Trump makes him Hitler. He literally can never be Hitler because Hitler is Hitler and Trump is Trump.

Unless they did something to warrant this affection based on their nazi views and not some other reason. And once again, unlike you, I have no such knowledge to be sure.
You do have knowledge though, you've already stated you support things Nazis support and use it as a compliment. This implies knowledge you posses, unless you were lying or insincere.

If anything though, I realized that, by admitting this was a compliment, and sincere, that the fallacy you committed was actually virtue by association, since you associates Nazis with compliments and desirable traits, i.e. virtues.

@EOTFOFYL
I don't know, apparently not taking it seriously makes you nauseous, and I don't like being nauseous, so I'm not going to approach this thread the same way you do. Here you are still complaining this thread is awful to be in, and you should duck out instead of taking your own advice and actually just vacating the thread.

Dex-chan lover
@Chrona Wow, quite mental gymnastics. Do it again!
Jtff8lt.gif

Fed-Kun's army
@Halo
Ah, so you do believe mental gymnastics are sincerely a good thing. While someone who thinks that is a pretty stupid post-modern type, I can again appreciate the honesty.

Dex-chan lover
@Chrona Nope, only that you're especially good at the sport.
But thank you for the encore, wasn't expecting you to actually humor my humble request. 🙂

Dex-chan lover
Just letting you boys know that Henlo is jebaiting you. Basically what this dude did three months ago, just not as believably. Whether you were already aware, and whether you still choose to respond, are at your own discretion.

If you want to meme back at him, maybe post something bad about his favorite manga, idk. Forgetting about the thread and reading some mangos would be the best option tho imo.

vfwfoz8.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
@bigtiddyoneesan
I'm well aware of the racist remarks Halo made 3 months ago. It's fine, to say I don't care would be a lie, to say I care would be a lie. I suppose maybe @The_Pirate wasn't so wrong about Halo after all, even if he was just a troll.

Dex-chan lover
@Chrona So hostile... Personally, I enjoyed this conversation with you. Apologies if you feel offended, I thought we were having some friendly banter.
To think you were actually serious... Again, I'm sorry. 😔

@brapebony

What did he post? Was it 'woke' racism or was it actual racism. The only reason I ask is because if its still up then its woke racism, i.e. double standards in rules enforcement.

Regardless, you're doing the same thing Halo was doing, derailing discussions for no reason other than pot stirring.

Fed-Kun's army
@Halo
Offended isn't the quite the right word. Offended seems to imply some level of power belongs to you in this discussion, some implications that I am or was insulted. No, what I feel is genuine sickening disgust. Deeply bubbling disgust. The slimy intellectual dishonesty, always wrapped up in irony as you keep making parting shots, serious when it suits you, sarcastic when it doesn't. It's fucking disgusting talking to you, and yet, if you weren't a filthy, disgusting fucking creature on the same tier as Rapeman, it wouldn't be fun here. Sometimes, I suppose it's that feeling of disgust I get when talking to you that I find healing to some degree.

Dex-chan lover
@wowfucktron It's still up there, you can read whenever you like.
Start: https://mangadex.org/thread/16434/9/#post_3418867
Conclusion: https://mangadex.org/thread/16434/16/#post_3421071
n4tPhyp.jpg

@Chrona Aww, I know you don't mean it. 😉
Oh, but just to make absolutely sure: I genuinely don't think Donald is a Hitler. I don't like him, but not to that degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread