The Politics Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mr_detective
Then what would you suggest in place? It's the only way to avoid the slippery slope of censorship.

@chrona
You're assuming the government doesn't already have access to all that. Fortunately, only a small relative handful of people are ever moved to active watchlists.

Fed-Kun's army
@EOTFOFYL
Tell me, what is the appropriate amount of rage? Is it zero? Tried that, didn't solve the problem. Is it enough to respond? Tried that, doesn't solve the problem. We are going to systematically try every level of rage there is until something, anything in this god forsaken thing changes.

@wowfucktron
Ah, so you mean to say that Halo has been picking on the mentally ill? Now that sounds like proper harassment to me. If I have to turn in the sanity card to see anything happen then so be it.

@sterven
Again you make the stupid fucking stoic statement that having emotions and reacting to said fucking emotions is "stupid". Get your fucking terms straight, there's being stupid, there's being emotionally volatile and there's being socially inept. I am emotionally volatine right now, I am doing so fully and consciously because I have given up all rational solution to fucking Halo being the most slimy reminder of everything I hate about fucking midwits. I have been socially inept all my life. If both of those things make me stupid. Fine, I fucking admit it, I'm fucking stupid, but that's not the cause, nor will anyone who actually know anything about the distinction between these terms make the argument either.

Fed-Kun's army
@wowfucktron
I abjectly refuse to move on. Until something, anything, fucking happens. If I'm banned at least I know the mods take Halo's side. if Halo is banned at least I know he's gone. If we're both banned then I know the mods give a bigger shit about this shit then they do mine or Halo's existence which is exactly what I want out of such a fucking arrangement.

You're assuming the government doesn't already have access to all that. Fortunately, only a small relative handful of people are ever moved to active watchlists.
I take issue with the fact that the government even has that information, and the laws that made it possible should be repealed.

Supporter
tumblr_pqxt3bHeWw1qa8sljo4_400.gifv

@EOTFOFYL
I don't care if Timur solved it last time. I don't even care if Halo is laughing, because Halo was laughing anyway. It's a lose/lose proposition for me to care about Halo laughing because he does that either way. It least grant me the carthatic release of being able to cause anything to happen in this blasted place so i can be the one that gets even the slightest hint of emotional reponse I've been lacking.

Dex-chan lover
@Chrona
Chill, settle down, go back to zen mode.
@BrapEbony
cc82f1a1da3473a650e9236e23a8eec9.gif

@wowfucktron
Cute, but not very enforceable without infrastructure. A sneakernet would develope if you overdo it which is amusingly better for large data transfer and much harder to monitor.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
–Andrew Tanenbaum, 1981

Fed-Kun's army
@EOTFOFYL
I refuse. I abjectly refuse. At least you have a stance to deal with, which is the only reason I'm responding to you, but I refuse until anything, something happens. I am tired of rationalizing what will happen. I don't think the results will be meaningful, interesting or even useful, but at least something, anything will fucking happen, and I will get to update my knowledge concerning how it fucking works here.

I think i finally understand why people actually give a shit about doxxing. The type of things people laugh at, people being irrationally angry. Get a hell of a lot scarier once there might actually be real life consequences. Dealing with an angry person in real life is pretty difficult, but on the internet, it's just amusing because of emotional distance. No one can threaten you, no one can do anything about you, not until they know where you live. Suddenly though, after that point, all those things you said and did actually have consequences, now they actually matter, and that must be brutally and utterly terrifying. Because people like me are, allegedly, stupid, and that being the case, stupid people make very stupid decisions. At least I finally understand why people laugh at others being angry, and why doxxing is worrisome for some people at least. I'm glad to have that mental question resolved.

@chrona
I don't think the results will be meaningful, interesting or even useful
Then why bother? If you already know nothing will happen, then stop throwing a tantrum and compose yourself. Simple as.
Ed-IGaWUEAADMej.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
@wowfucktron
I think nothing will happen, I do not know nothing will happen. I want to know what will actually happen. There are about 4 options I can think of, I don't know which will be correct. I don't care which is correct, because thinking, hypothesizing, and imagining something are all useless compared to actually seeing what actually occurs. I am tired of guessing at what will happen, and am risking absolutely nothing, according to you and sterven, to answer this question. Because after all, if none of this matters, then I'm risking nothing at all.

Fed-Kun's army
@Mr_Detective
I refuse, why do I need to cool it? Why is it wrong to feel what I currently feel? Why am I the one that pays the price for Halo's action? Because he's more sophisticated than me about his disdain for the thread he's already admitted?

@EOTFOFYL
Some of you need to take your mind off of things, here's a dog.
This thread is taking my mind off things, why do you think I fucking cared in the first god damn place. Distracting me from the thing that was distracting me isn't very productive now is it?

Why do you guys care if I'm angry? Why do you care if the other guy is angry? if it's bothering you, block us. If this thread "isn't important" then why do YOU fucking care about me being angry? I don't understand the logic here. Me caring enough to get angry is wrong, you guys caring about me being angry is somehow right? Why? Hell. Mr_Detective wasn't even in the damn thread until this started.

@chrona
It's not healthy to get so worked up over another user on a manga website's, main forum's, general subsection's, political megathread. Seriously, dude, I don't even know you irl but I'm kind of worried about you.

Fed-Kun's army
@wowfucktron
It's not healthy to get so worked up over another user on a manga website's, main forum's, general subsection's, political megathread. Seriously, dude, I don't even know you irl but I'm kind of worried about you.
Good, get fucking worried, at least that proves something actually happened, something changed enough that people fucking noticed. Only difference between what I'm doing and anyone else pissed off by Halo is I'm being fucking vocal about it. It's coming out all at once as one fucking dam broke because I'm sick and tired of the type of person he is and the way he debates. Assuming that making other's feel this fucking toxic is inccorect, then fuck Halo. If not, fuck me. Fuck me for caring. Because in that case, if I am the one who has fucked up, if what I fucking misplaced caring about means I'm the bloody fucking idiot, then fuck me, because I don't think anyone on this god forsaken planet chooses what they do or do not give a fuck about.

I mean fuck even Halo's friends played it off as "Halo being Halo" so even they find the behaviour repulsive enough to not defend Halo as actually doing anything good. Even the people who like Halo could not defend him. The least negative thing I've seen anyone state about Halo since this started was that he was just harmless. Imagine, that's the highwater mark.

Dex-chan lover
Awkward....

Anyways.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-parler-russia/parler-partially-reappears-with-support-from-russian-technology-firm-idUSKBN29N23N

Parler partially reappears with support from Russian technology firm
The internet protocol address it used is owned by DDos-Guard, which is controlled by two Russian men and provides services including protection from distributed denial of service attacks, infrastructure expert Ronald Guilmette told Reuters.
DDoS-Guard has worked with other racist, rightist and conspiracy sites that have been used by mass murderers to share messages, including 8kun. It has also supported Russian government sites.

DDoS-Guard’s website lists an address in Scotland under the company name Cognitive Cloud LP, but that is owned by two men in Rostov-on-Don, Russia, Guilmette said. One of them told the Guardian recently that he was not aware of all of the content the company facilitates.

DDoS-Guard

dxpMq78.png

😐

I guess we're all on the list now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread