The Politics Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@halo
The US has swallowed the whole bottle of kool-aid, except it was a large box of borax. I can't wait for the inevitable counter culture shift from woke to anti-woke.

Dex-chan lover
On that subject, there was an effort to archive Parlor posts via scrapers a while back. Few people I heard outright refuse as they don't know the contents of those posts.

Fed-Kun's army
@EOTFOFYL
This concern applies to all platforms, but I'm imaging it's because archive tools have been used in the past to distribute illegal content, and by necessity, Parlor houses scoundrels with nowhere else to go. The problem with defending free speech is you must always defend scoundrels, as no one else actually needs it.

Holy moly, now I know why I never check this thread. What a bunch of stupidities.
Anyways, here is a party sloth to take the mind out of things. 😉
6y1UbKH.gif

Dex-chan lover
The concern was more aimed towards stuff that will get you massive prison time and your name on The List if you know what I mean.

It was also around 30+ TB so no typical home user is going to store that.

Fed-Kun's army
@vinsegas
I may be stupid, but I'm not too stupid as to walk into political thread confused with why someone's whose an ass is allowed to get away with things.

Apparently this isn't even a first time, he's targeted harassed another user in a comment section who repeatedly asked Halo to stop pinging them, and he continued anyway. Something Halo himself has requested in the past but apparently doesn't afford to others.

@EOTFOFYL
Yeah, illegal content, i.e. CP. Hell, I don't even think Mangadex is actually properly equipped to deal with such things either if anyone really tried. Especially with the way they enumerate galleries and user IDs, Facebook has a huge problem with this too. Parlor just gets singled out because it's small and home to scoundrels anyway.

@Chrona
I wasnt accussing you of being stupid. Sorry if you got that impression.
Its juts that I dont concern much myself with the forums debates, in the end you are in a manga website, not a debate forum.
I dont know why we even have forums
Nothing that is said here is gonna hurt you, because they are people that you wont meet in your real life. And for me, knowing that helps me to get this separated for my everyday life, that is more important. So I just use this place to relax.
And lets be real, some people here have to much free time, guess thats the good part of being young
In case of the harrassing by Halo to the other user, I guess if its true, the fault lies in the forum modds that did not ban or warn Halo to stop the harrassing. But the other guy should have reported this to the forums modd, I cant expect him/her to be present in all the conversations.

Dex-chan lover
@vinsegas
Nah, harassment is an exaggeration, Halo doesn't show up that often. Just give him a headpat, some treats and he'll be on his merry way.

Fed-Kun's army
@vinsegas
Its juts that I dont concern much myself with the forums debates, in the end you are in a manga website, not a debate forum,
I don't understand this argument. The forum is simultaneously a place that doesn't matter, yet people continue to go to it anyway. Do people genuinely go to places that don't matter intentionally? That's a thing people do? I certainly don't, which again is my fault, because again apparently everyone but me doesn't take this place seriously yet somehow I can disrupt an unimportant thing. If absolutely no one fucking cared because it wasn't important, why would they fucking care if the unimportant thing gets interrupted? The entire fucking point is it's unimportant right?

Nothing that is said here is gonna hurt you, because they are people that you wont meet in your real life. And for me, knowing that helps me to get this separated for my everyday life, that is more important. So I just use this place to relax.
Of course nothing in this thread is going to hurt me, other than the physical illness I feel piling up in my throat that people like Halo even exist, I almost care about that more than I do Halo at this point. Tell me, what exactly am I supposed to give a fuck about?
Is it the country that doesn't have a cohesive national narrative for what the fuck I am supposed to in regards to other than consume consume vote consume?
Is it religion that's been deconstructed so thoroughly at this point none of them can even meaningfully maintain a fucking dogma any more and instead drop the act of morality for just general sentiments?
Is it the worthless fucking job I spend working for someone faceless and unknown to me as I make them millionaires? While simultaneously living on the corpses of billions of ancestors, billions of animals and billions of poverty stricken people for just the fact I have a fucking computer? I can't even be a proper fucking victim and feel virtue in meekness in that context.
Is it the sinking hedonistic pleasures I get to consume off the backs of corpses, crumbs fallen off the tables of the rich?
Is the neighbours I feel so alienated by that I don't even know they're name, but one swift kick and the door to my dwelling is open and I am at the mercy at some unknown?

No, this is what I get to care about. Some piece of shit corner on the internet that I'm barely cognizant enough to process while he laughs whether I do nothing or anything, and I'm fucking tired of doing nothing. It's my mistake for caring, I am fully aware I made the first mistake of actually giving a shit about anything going on here. That's on me. Now that I have made that mistake, I am going to follow through with to the best of my fucking ability to see anything happen at all.

@EOTFOFYL
See, again, the best argument is that Halo is neutral. Not even positive, just neutral. A harmless wretched thing. Meanwhile, after someone plainly states he wants Halo to stop pinging him, he continues to anyway. Halo then has the gall to make the same request in this thread when he finally gets sick of the game he's playing.

Fed-Kun's army
@vinsegas I also thought I'd check out the level of discourse since I saw the link on the main page. I went through a couple of pages to get a feel for the content. There were a bunch of already blocked users (probably from an older politics thread I'd checked out several months ago), some people posting a lot of stupid memes, a bunch of people complaining about each other, and a conspiracy theorist who doesn't realize that there is no point to being a "well-researched" conspiracy theorist.

So yeah, it's really not worth our time.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Halo posted:

DDoS-Guard has worked with other racist, rightist and conspiracy sites that have been used by mass murderers to share messages, including 8kun. It has also supported Russian government sites.

I guess we're all on the list now.
I'd love to move to a gay leftist DDoS provider if we could, but alas.

Dex-chan lover
@Teasday Understandable, beggars can't be choosers. I do hope you have a plan in case this DDoS guard gets DDoS'd to oblivion.

Dex-chan lover
@Teasday Remember when the boomers went after Discord because they thought it was alt-right?

Because anything that isn't a website they've heard of is far-right neo-nazis where people with the wrong think can gather.

Fuck the monopolies

Ah ha! Mangadex is revealed to be part of Putin's secret plan to destroy the west. While you are reading some nice mangas, Russia is studying the ways of global thermonuclear war with Nancy Pelosi's laptop. Just a few more chapters of solo levelling to go until their plan is complete.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Now this is the poopitics talk i was looking for!

@Necron99Scans
The FBI caught the woman already so no laptop.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, the Biden administration is making DC look like a militaristic takeover. (Hell, we have more National Guard in DC than we have in Afghanistan and Iraq combined.)

It definitely doesn't look like a man who has the consent of the governed to me, given the rampant paranoia amongst Pelosi and the Democrats about Trump supporters amongst the national guard.

For a country that is founded on the principles that the people are to hold the government to account and demand of them their inalienable rights, they're definitely acting like they don't trust the people of the United States, and aren't even letting people into the capital. Whose buildings they technically own, and whose governments are meant to be subservient to them.

Everything about this administration so far is looking entirely corporate, artificial, and lacking any actual human support, which makes the fact he's supposedly the most candidate in American History into doubt.

semi-offtopic but still related:
Anyone else in LA notice that there's a lot more cops out than usual over the past two months? I live in Watts, so I know a thing or two about police saturation, but its worse outside of this dump when I brave traffic and head westward towards the beach cities. Constant police sirens and ambulances...

Dex-chan lover
When you have people who want you dead is it really that surprising? Better to be safe than be another J.F.K.

Power Uploader
I feel like people are not giving Trump enough credit for what he has done to America. He changed the lives of so many people. 400,000 people in fact, last time I checked.
@Tamerlane Agree with you there. If you need to mobilize troops against the people then it's clear you're not voted in by the people. It reminds me of that fraud who literally had to wage a war against half a country after "winning" the 1861 election. No wonder he was shot dead. Fucking traitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread