The Politics Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@The_Pirate
Oh I see, just because she was a person-of-color who was speaking in Spanish you assumed she was Hispanic and that's "okay" for some reason? What a bigot.
OMG, YOU AND YOUR BULE SHENANIGANS.

@hazzack
yes, as the queen of the quack always said.
"Bloody quack."

@The_Pirate do you condone all edgy humor that could possibly hurt someones feelings (or at least them pretend to be hurt by it) or do you only condone racist jokes no matter what the intention?

@hazzack
I tried my best to, again, it seems, to use @Ceildric's words, I should be more careful around those with developmental delays like @Halo in the future. I just don't seem to have the ability for it.

@ColorfulSoy
Why do you think it's okay to be racist like that?

@Vipergg78
do you condone all edgy humor that could possibly hurt someones feelings (or at least them pretend to be hurt by it) or do you only racist jokes no matter what the intention?

No matter the intention, people making racist jokes are encouraging racism, and, even if I were to believe that wasn't true, they would still attract genuine racists. Just look at this thread after @Halo made a supposed "joke".

Supporter
@The_Pirate
I didn't use that article to validate my usage of the word it I used it so that you can see that there are beings (lol) who identify as inanimate objects/animals. The validation for using the word to refer to such beings comes from this piece of information.
"it" on the other hand, is used in English only to refer to inanimate objects and animals

@hazzack
Far be it from me to stop you I just wanted you to stay pure. lmao

@The_Pirate
do i say okay to be a racist? I live on Indonesia, race jokes and edgy shit is somethin' that we smoke everday. Sometimes it hurt you, but as it goes by time, you'll realize it is a childish thing to say or to do. AND WE HAVE PANCASILA....
HELL YEAH.

That is why i stated that joke "you and your bule (gaijin Japenese people'd say) shenanigans."

@sterven
I already addressed that Sterven. As I stated, identifying as otherkin is NOT identifying as being othergender or gender neutral. The two are separate concepts. Even if someone believes they are a cloud as you state you believe they can and should be able to, that doesn't mean that using "it" is an appropriate way to refer to such people. Being otherkin is not synonymous with being othergender and conflating the two just further shows your own transphobia. You mentioning the dictionairy is just reducing otherkins experiences and ostracising them.

@ColorfulSoy
Alright, so you do believe it is okay to be racist. As a minority, I know you aren't racist as @Sterven believes, but I would have to state that that doesn't mean racist doesn't exist nor is it okay.

@The_Pirate So you want to censor Halo cause he made a politics joke in a politics thread? You realize he was making fun of the very people you despise for being "racist"

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Oh I see, just because she was a person-of-color who was speaking in Spanish you assumed she was Hispanic and that's "okay" for some reason? What a bigot.
I was originally going to write a sarcastic comment, but that doesn't work for you, so i'll be blunt.

The commerical is about tortillas, the kid and her family are all spanish-speakers, there are a lot of mexican-culture related objects (like a sombrero) in the house, there's "mexican" music in the background. In my opinion, the commercial itself is more harmful towards hispanics than asuming the kid from the meme is hispanic herself because it implies mexicans like hard-shell tacos (joke).

Supporter
@The_Pirate
So you say but who are you to say that all of them think that way? What if someone prefers to be called it? Its increadly stupid to think that no one out there refers to themselves as such.

Alright, so you do believe it is okay to be racist. As a minority, I know you aren't racist as Sterven believes, but I would have to state that that doesn't mean racist doesn't exist nor is it okay.
Whoa whoa whoa hold the phone there bud the one who said minorities can be racist is you not me don't go putting words in peoples mouth you damn racist.

@Richman
I thank you for explaining @Halo's underlying racist tendencies in such a manner I was unable to, maybe Halo will be able to address their innate racism so as to avoid this situation in the future. Just because a person-of-color is speaking Spanish in what is a (very racist) depiction of Mexico, that doesn't mean that they are Spanish. thank you for proving my point Richman.

@Vipergg78
I don't want to censor anyone. My original question was if it was okay to be racist on this forum using Halo as an example, so far no one has done anything to prove this place doesn't de facto condone racism, only reinforcing their racist beliefs and trying to play it off as being okay.

@sterven
I guess you are right Sterven, I'm glad I agree with you on the importance of pronouns. Some people in this world may very well want to be referred to as "it". However, that doesn't mean that in the general case that refering to those of othergenders as such is not proper and that "they/them" the epicene pronoun, instead of "it" the neuter pronoun, is the correct starting point in any interaction.

Whoa whoa whoa hold the phone there bud the one who said minorities can be racist is you not me don't go putting words in peoples mouth you damn racist.
I was stating I agreed with you that minorities can not be racist, once again I will state. I 100% agree with you that minorities can not be racist and that @ColorfulSoy can not be racist either. It seems language failed to convey this nuance though I understand there are plenty of people with developmental delays in this thread like @Ceildric said.

Dex-chan lover
I should be more careful around those with developmental delays like @Halo in the future.
Wow. That actually kind of rude. Could you please stop @ me, I think I've had enough harassment for today. Thank you.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@The_Pirate
You really had to say that, didn't you?
The commercial implies that it's a hispanic family, Halo isn't wrong asuming she's hispanic, because that is the point of the commercial, all of those stereotypical objects and themes I mentioned are there specifically to tell you that this is a hispanic family, most likely mexican, that is arguing over tortilla type. Halo is innocent, don't twist my words to justify your crusade.
Just because a person-of-color is speaking Spanish in what is a (very racist) depiction of Mexico, that doesn't mean that they are Spanish.
By writing this, you're saying they're from Spain, the country. Spanish is a language, Spanish is a nationality, Hispanic is (mostly) a culture, Latinamerican is an ethnicity.

@THE_PIRATE THE FUCKING PIRATE.

LISTEN HERE YOU LITTLE SHIT, WE'RE DOING THAT JOKES, EDGY SHIT AND SARCASTIC SHIT, BECAUSE WE KNOW WHAT WE SHOULD DO OR NOT DO AND WE HAVE SOME MANNERS IN OUR FUCKING HEART AND SOME SHIT.

IN CONCLUSION WE'RE DOIN THAT BECAUSE WE'RE FRIENDS OR WE'RE JUST SHITPOSTING ON A FUXKING FACEBOOK FANSPAGE THAT LITERALLY JUST A FUCKING MEMES. WE KNOW OUR PLACE, WE KNOW THE SITUATION AND NOT LIKE YOU JUST JUMP INTO THE CONCLUSION "So, youre okay with racist" THE HELL YOU JUST SAID? U SOUND STUPID AF.

SHIT, WE'RE EVEN LIVE IN A DIFFERENT CULTURE, DONT TRY TO UNDERSTAND ME IF YOU DONT SEE IT FROM MY PERSPECTIVE YOU DUMBSHIT.

Dex-chan lover
mvtr4fwt.jpg

Hey everyone, how's it going?

Supporter
@The_Pirate
My original question was if it was okay to be racist on this forum using Halo as an example, so far no one has done anything to prove this place doesn't de facto condone racism, only reinforcing their racist beliefs and trying to play it off as being okay
How about you read the rules bud.
Racism: With the exception of a serious historical discussion, there is never a context in which racist language is acceptable on MangaDex. This extends to profile biographies, user names, group banners, and user avatars.
Sexism: One gender is not inherently superior to another. Harassing someone solely on the basis of gender is not acceptable on MangaDex. This extends to profile biographies, user names, group banners, and user avatars.
Religious Discrimination: All members of all religions are equally deserving of respect. Insulting someone solely on the basis of their religion or slandering a specific religion is not acceptable on MangaDex. This extends to profile biographies, usernames, group banners, and user avatars.
Other Terminology: This category includes everything else that does not neatly fit under the above categories. It includes, but is not limited to, rape jokes, homophobia, transphobia, and direct personal attacks.
Direct Personal Attacks: We encourage intelligent, thoughtful discussion on MangaDex. We encourage users to criticize the content of a post and not the poster themselves. This particular violation will be taken on a case by case basis since context and severity of the violation is important when a mod is considering taking action. For example, calling someone an idiot and offering evidence why they're an idiot will most likely not result in moderator action. Calling someone an idiot and doing nothing else will result in moderator action, not because you called someone an idiot, but because it was the sole content of your post. Note that especially egregious foul language may or may not result in moderator action.
I was stating I agreed with you that minorities can not be racist, once again I will state. I 100% agree with you that minorities can not be racist and that ColorfulSoy can not be racist either. It seems language failed to convey this nuance though I understand there are plenty of people with developmental delays in this thread like Ceildric said.
How sly of you editing that in after you already said they could be racist. Sounds to me like you don't even believe the rhetoric you're spouting.

@ColorfulSoy
Don't let it get to you man happy thoughts happy thoughts.

@bigtiddyoneesan
Yo you finally ready to join the party? Id say we at the end game rn.

Halo
What? You took it quite well earlier.

@Ceildric Why can't you be more sensitive to Halo's lack of social development? ... clearly someone like Halo who is "racist" and "ableist" must suffer from some kind of developmental or processing disorder.

Finally, some kind of compassion. Thank you.
Unless you were lying? I was only trying to follow the example you yourself stated for how you wanted to be treated.

In any case, I do respect that even those who are racist or ableist should have their wishes respected, I will stop "@"ing you and instead continue to mention you when relevant and discuss your actions with others so that you don't have to be aware what people know about you.

@Richman
So you agree that all of those objects are stereotypical depictions of Mexico yet condone premises built off of that just because it's a conmmerical?

@ColorfulSoy
I'm sorry that I seem stupid to you, honestly I just don't understand how you could be okay with racists like Halo on this website.

@sterven
How about you read the rules bud.
Do you understand the difference between De Jure and De Facto? There was a reason I used the later and no, posting the rules doesn't disprove it.
How sly of you editing that in after you already said they could be racist. Sounds to me like you don't even believe the rhetoric you're spouting.
I only changed it to "could" because others like you sterven have claimed that it's possible you might be a minority. Without knowing whether or not you are, I can't be certain. White supremacists could use this to camouflage their actions like you've shown earlier in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread