The Reborn Witch Foretells Destruction - Vol. 2 Ch. 5 - The Wind Dragon and His Bride

So many of you are annoyed at her for her lack of assertiveness (backbone?) in not expressing her wishes.

Think about it from her perspective. She is only just 18 years old and really only talked to her mother and the peddler since she was little.
She was also a psychologically maladjusted shut-in in her previous life as well, so she has no experience of expressing her wishes.

SO, she moves on her own volition without talking it out. Hell, no one has even ASKED her wishes EXCEPT Prince Keith.

Nooo bitch, whyyyy T-T I like the dragon kinggg. I know that by the laws of shoujo she is forced to end up with the first love interest she encounters, but he's just a boring little baby,, I mean almost 16?!
^^ Don't get salty at me cuties, I understand that this is fiction and our FL has a different mindset and preference than I do. I just think dragons are hot and rad. Let me live.

Double-page supporter
@Steelbuck I agree that no one has really taken her wishes into account, but I do like that, despite how overbearing he is being, the Dragon King is actually fairly perceptive of how she is feeling and what she is thinking even if she doesn't voice her thoughts. He was aware that she was leaving, but rather than go after her to bring her back he simply remarked that he would be waiting. Sure, he isn't helping her get back, but maybe he can't bring himself to do it emotionally. I mean, he even noticed her sadness when he asked her if she was upset he said she couldn't go home, and right after that he reiterated how he wants her to be there always but was about to say something else that might suggest he'd let her go back. As such, at least he's keeping her feelings in mind instead of keeping her as his prisoner.

With that said, he could of course show up next chapter to take her back which would completely destroy this comment, but I guess we won't know until that happens.

Dex-chan lover
Awww cute dragon king hehehe :>

but Galt tho... I'm starting to get pissed off by his level of tsun ._.

@yuusiren

true, if only the dragon came first, it would've been lovely :>
but mom is already there :<

...Wow, a lot of people like the dragon king huh.

Meanwhile, the Prince actually seems to like the MC as a person? And respects her wishes while also getting her to open up and push past her boundaries?

Guess I'll just be over here with my "I don't like kidnappers" juice. 😐

fvck i was prince cutie all the way but the dragon king appeared,, oh lord the hair and the eyes and the gap moe.. please😭
BUT how can she not speak up to him o_O She was kidnapped but she just brushes it off and is pretty nonchalant about it? (She did start to miss her life at the palace, but still)

i hope she chooses wisely in the end, pretty sure i’ll get heartbroken either way because i’m starting to like them both.

Aggregator gang
Uuuuuugh I hate "romance because destiny says so". It just takes any sense of character agency away. "You want to live your life and make your own decisions, including who you want to marry? Sorry! Destiny says you've gotta spend your life with this person instead!" and it's supposed to be seen as some kind of wonderful and romantic tale.
Bleh.

You know, her strong attachment to the prince would feel more meaningful if they had spent more time together. The Dragon King is being pushy, more pushy than Keith, but the stakes are higher for him so I kinda get it. And Galt's absolute hatred of her seems strange so far too. This story had real potential for something awesome, but it has mad pacing issues. Every just... Needs to take more time.

Double-page supporter
Seeing the chapter titles especially the last one.... makes me want to root with the Dragon King. Don't kill him just because he needs a human waifu that corresponds with his powers.

Hear me out; dragon values aren't equal to human values, so the way this king did everything is beneficial to him & his kindred, & is the norm to them. But the humans in this manga seems to not appreciate that, even FL (maybe?). Can't help the divide in between the species... & the fact that the human prince got to her first makes things more complicated.

But it's funny that Ryshkal is trying his best to accommodate our heroine while still not understanding how to human with her X"DDD That's a pity. What a dark humour the god of this world has. Interspecies mating isn't quite convenient sometimes.

"Second lead syndrome" Stop with this bullshit. You like the guy because of his character design. Nothing more.
The guy forcefully kidnapped her, made her shoulder the burden of killing a living being, forcefully tried to make her his 'companion', trying to guilt-trip her by saying he waited 200 something years lmao. Fuck off with this bullshit.
If his character design were by any means, average, no one could remotely even come to tolerate that personality.

Fed-Kun's army
why Galt gotta be like that
is she a public enemy now? 😔

i hope at least Keith doesn't turn against her

I don't understand all the people who want the dragon king to be the ML, are you all just into the act of kidnapping and forced marriage?

well well... imagine this story with switched genders

and we would all call it a trash isekai thats a disgrace even to the trash bin

the mc is so soulless and introverted its painful and the authors imagination of a romantic dragon is just creepy as hell....
i mean it takes the spotlight from the unnaturaly attached prince but yikes who would ever find that dragon s talk romantic...

Users who are viewing this thread