The Ride-On King - Vol. 4 Ch. 16 - The President and the Night of the Feast

Dex-chan lover
So are you saying that the demons are just the Ottomans, and Purchinov is the leader of the Winged Hussars and that the fort was Vienna?

seems about right.. except Poland and Russia will sound like Prussia.. and Prussia is Germany and.. and... so basically, Purchinov is now president of Europe?

Dex-chan lover
I dont really like selfless and good characters but god dammit Purchinov makes it work.

Welp so much for princess surviving, shes deader then dead now.

Double-page supporter
These two demon siblings are the only characters with four freaking ears on one head that I approve of because they're made to be for valid demonic reasons. Like the three-tailed & three-eyed Queen of the Garms, for example.

If I stumble upon other works that use the excuse of "they're demihumans or half-furries so they gotta have two human-animal pair of ears on each person!!!" I can't enjoy the works naturally. It's just taboo... but these two demon siblings? It works. I'm thankful for the author & artist's great sense of character design.

@yoroshikue I can imagine he also manages to assimilate his lifestyle alongside the martial arts he practically lives with. Chopstick usage's just the very tip of the iceberg, as he can also make wheat noodles by hand. The right & sensible question you should be asking by now is "what can't he do?" Anyway I can only sympathise with him in the logistics sense since being the King of the Beasts, he has to differentiate between food & subjects lol. It's tough but he's learning, it looks like.

Contributor
I'm starting to feel like... politically-minded villains in this are... how should I say, the most lazy straw-men representations of themselves (They tend to say only whatever is necessary to allow the other side to do the posturing that the author wants them to, in as few lines as possible.)

"Incompetent!? ...Urgh, be that as it may, but I am still a noble of this kingdom!"

Who thinks like this? Who argues like this in a life-or-death situation? What sort of conversation flow is this??

Of course this sort of thing isn't normally remarkable in an isekai, but here it's a glaring flaw compared to the surroundings. Like that food! How on earth can he make black-and-white drawings of mystery fantasy ingredients look so tasty? >_>

@Pokari

Agreed, and worse the princess got a noble death, while this randoms got the death of long time villain's .

Users who are viewing this thread