The Rising of the Shield Hero

Double-page supporter
I was thinking if Naofumi unlocked the "Wrath Shield" because of how pissed off he was at the world, think Motoyasu could unlock the "Lust Spear" because of his womanizing ways?

This is legit the first isekai that I've dropped without even finishing all the chapters that already came out. What a disappointment...

Dex-chan lover
What manga chapter did the anime ended on?
And why are there so many hate comments? Is the manga adaptation that bad?
Should I just read the LN then? If so, where can I find it?

This manga started really good but becomes more worse chapter after chapter.
Seriously i think this spirit turtle arc is the worst arc i read from all mangas

Scanlators, love you guys and all, and I totally get why translators get the R’s and L’s mixed up constantly in Japanese translations, but I kinda wish you guys would watch the animes sometimes (or read chapters previous to where you took over) because it gets a little “frustrating”, I guess? If that’s the right word?? Her name is FILO, if that helps. I’m in no way trying to be a jerk, it’s just that in some mangas I’ve read the R’s and L’s are swapped back and forth even in the same chapter. This can get a little confusing when you first start reading something and you’re not familiar enough with characters—you can think it’s another person. Anyway...there has to be some sort of reference point for translators to know what the main characters names are, right?

The anime ends around Chp 43/44? The anime had to do a season ender which strayed from the manga and I guess it left a decent cliffhanger if the show ever picks up. If the manga feels bad to read the LN will most likely be worse. Give it a shot, personally I did not like the ending.

I still don't understand, I used to read the light novel and I don't remember there is any story about Larc in the novel

The art on the cover looks cheap. But you can't judge a book by the horrible shading on the cover. Is this any good? The summary gave very little information about the plot. This manga would have to be very, very good to make a summary like that work. So is it good? Is it worth the read?

Power Uploader
2 and 3 anime season confirmed https://twitter.com/ShieldHeroEN/status/1168257225694990336

sev

What happened to this manga? Why are they skipping massive amounts of content?

@swordmaster2551 I mean sort of? I think it gets mentioned like once or twice before suddenly turtle, but
the turtle in the WN was actually unsealed by the incompetence of the other heroes, and a whole bunch of their party members die for it.

Man I don't know what the quality of the light novel or anime is, but this sucks. Disclaimer: I'm only on chapter 29, so who knows, maybe the second half is life-changingly good. But so far the pacing sucks, is seems like characters just teleport from one location to another, just no sense of scale, the story is disjointed and the plot is contrived. None of the emotional moments land. I've been trying to keep reading because the anime was highly recommended (I prefer reading), but the manga, at the very least, sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread