The Rising of the Shield Hero

I kinda like this series but the author tries sooooooooooo hard to manufacture conflict between the MC and the rest of the heroes

This series is ok to me, not great Just ok.
There's stuff thats dumb and stupid like sometines he's against killing someone for dumb reasons but he's fine with It when he's pissed. There's also some plots that the development is Very childish.
I also feel that the author tries too hard to make interesting the Full tanker job to only use shield and nothing else, in reality Its not that interesting the only cool things are ultimate moves he should not use and are only used for Boss battles. Things that could make his character more interesting in battle like support Magic its rarely used and not further developed, and now martial arts thats something he could use he has no talent and gave up. Sigh... At least secondary characters are cool

Group Leader
i know yall are obsessed with raphtalia but i don't rlly like her :/

It's starting to feel like if this series didn't get an anime the author would have dropped it.

Uh...what happened to the chapters?
Never mind. Couple refreshes brought them back

I dont care what you want to say to her but I'm here want to ask where is raphtalia-chan? What happen to her? When will she show up again?

Ngl, this arc is the most boring arc ever happened in Tate yuusha. Reading this arc in LN is even worse

Yeah this new world start over again bullshit is where I drop out. Author is a cuck for this move. Give my 10yo cousin a crayon and he will write a better plot than this shit.

Chapter 72 and i don't remember anymore what this manga is about, except for:

Us0MQAz.png

Protect the not-so-loli-not-so-baba.

Fed-Kun's army
@volkien lol, I think they announced the anime adaptation in 2016 IIRC. And this arc is made in 2014. So, from what arc do you think the author will drop?

Double-page supporter
Did it never occur to the author To use a shield as a club or hold the hell on I need to go check something

Yep people did use shields was weapons

“ It could be used as a weapon, and in fact, it has been. The roman legionaries used their scutum in addition to their gladius to hit the enemy. The metal part at the center provided additional defense, but could be used to hit. They could also use the edge of the shield to do some damage.”

I mean I’ve seen it in a game I vaguely remember zombies vs samurai where they had one unit which used a giant person sized ornate shield as a weapon it was rather unique.

I mean sure a tank has good armor and is slow but you wouldn’t recommend someone try and get close to it.

@immortalartisan the author really doesnt want realism i think.

Yes shield can also do great deal as weapon, even today the anti-riot unit are still training on how to use the shield offensively. And seriously shield can do considerable damage especially the smaller ones.

@immortalartisan He does actually use the shield as a weapon a lot in this manga, it's just all other weapons and monsters are way more effective at offense. Also this is more game logic than real world logic.

Aggregator gang
This has a harem tag, but the only women I've seen in his party so far are literal children. (I've only actually watched the anime, but from what I can see from the cover, he's added two more kids to his ranks)

This is not remotely okay and it's not even the worst thing that exists :)

you need to wait, the story isn't even in the middle. what harem can he get, when he has to fight for his life and most of the nation still thinks he's a demon?
he get's so much harem that even boys are in it. jokes aside, he will be dense for a good part of the story, but unlike many manga mc he actually respond to the feelings of others quite early. i mean, ha do kiss that one tons of volumes before the end.

Users who are viewing this thread