The Saga of Tanya the Evil - Vol. 14 Ch. 38 - Trial by Fire IV

@boag Wars have no rules. That is a facade so we can lie to ourselves and say that we are civilized. Any group that is on a dire enough situation will disregard any and all laws to survive. Remember, it wasnt the empire that started the war, they are the ones trying to survive, albeit, by "cruel" (Cruelty in this case is defined looking through the eyes of the `resistance`, while on the eyes of the empire that is just fighting another enemy) means.

this is the one of many philosophies that I actually have to disagree with Carlo Zen. But I love his work and his writing. Though, he's not wrong and realistically, much more pragmatic.

Dex-chan lover
When I saw this guy in anime, I was like "wut the fuck" because 1. he just popped out of nowhere, 2. it wasn't really resolved, and 3. not much context is given (for the guy mutinying). It's really nice to see the whole backstory in the manga!

Dex-chan lover
@KitsuVonKraft
i should have been more clear with my comment, I meant the Francois republic, if they had actually let the prisoners go, they would have bought enough time to evacuate the city, but I guess they were already in a full fight frenzy.

Group Leader
We're still looking for translators. Current backlogs are 1 chapter for Youjo Senki, 6 chapters for Baikoku Kikan, 10 chapters for Youjo Senki Restaurant, and 1 chapter of Professor Terror.

If you're interested, join the community Discord on the credit page for details.

Dex-chan lover
@boag: Not only that, but as mentioned in the earlier chapters, after the warning are given, the 'civilians' are supposed to leave the battlefield.

ANYONE remaining, who's not identified as captured allies, are essentially declaring themselves as 'soldiers' and not 'civilians' anymore.

So just by ignoring the warning, even if they didn't execute the soldiers, those citizens are already considered combatants.

Double-page supporter
It's a carpet bombing, I get that all those panels were meant to impress upon the reader the horror of such an act, but two panels would have sufficed.....

Users who are viewing this thread