The Saga of Tanya the Evil - Vol. 14 Ch. 38 - Trial by Fire IV

Aggregator gang
Die you Rebel Scum! Cleanse these Heretics with Holy Fire!
tumblr_p2gqw1q7Db1rkctppo1_500.gifv

Kinda disapppinting that some people here use their own morals as the one and only basis of what's right and wrong and what's legal. :( They couldn't think outside the box and just ranted. Some of the problems were just common sense too but no they had to be SJWs and such. Even Gordon Ramsay was used. That aside, this was an awesome chapter. I'm so speechless I love it. @ZelousR2 lol Throw the bricks!!! ^Squadron leader Neumann throws something bigger^

Fed-Kun's army
@MarquisBlack
For instance, did you know that you could theoretically be persecuted and exterminated large-scale on the basis of your economic class or political affiliation and it wouldn't legally count as genocide? That's because, under the Genocide Convention (1948), genocide is typified by the "intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group." Instead, any large-scale campaigns of extermination against groups not covered by the Convention would result in, at best, charges of persecution and mass murder, but not genocide.

That is honestly horrifying, and I greatly enjoyed reading your comment, however.

Okay, why did I just read through what feels like the bombing of Dredsen while humming to the tune of "Hamburg ist ein schönest stadchën" ?

Fed-Kun's army
I don't know what I would do. To spare them and let them bite back later or to exterminate every single enemy and potential enemy of my country.

It's just war, there is no right answer.

And tbh, war is wrong to begin with. So if you're in war, stop question what is right and wrong. Either you die or they die. There is no peace in war, only before and after it.

Fed-Kun's army
this is my first time going to the comments section for this manga but im really supprised by the amount of people who think that 203's mass murder of "combatants" was good. no. that shit isnt good.

it doesnt matter on the technicality, its mass murder of civilians disgused as deaths of war. Tanya literally said to being x that atrocities were going to be committed.

Double-page supporter
this is my first time going to the comments section for this manga but im really supprised by the amount of people who think that 203's mass murder of "combatants" was good. no. that shit isnt good.

it doesnt matter on the technicality, its mass murder of civilians disgused as deaths of war. Tanya literally said to being x that atrocities were going to be committed.
No one said it was good, people only stated a fact that this is a justified action. Of course morally it is a mass-murder no less, but then what would you think would define a "combatant", the one who holds the gun and shoot you or the one who will shoot you later when you're busying dealing with "civilians"? If you're staying with an enemy, that makes you the supporter of said enemy. If you're not a combatant but choose to stay in a combat zone, that makes you a combatant by default.
If you've read the manga carefully, author really stressed the line "In a war, you either kill or get killed"

Fed-Kun's army
No one said it was good, people only stated a fact that this is a justified action. Of course morally it is a mass-murder no less, but then what would you think would define a "combatant", the one who holds the gun and shoot you or the one who will shoot you later when you're busying dealing with "civilians"? If you're staying with an enemy, that makes you the supporter of said enemy. If you're not a combatant but choose to stay in a combat zone, that makes you a combatant by default.
If you've read the manga carefully, author really stressed the line "In a war, you either kill or get killed
it was very much implied in about 30% of comments. i could practically hear them yelling “HELL YEAH, BURN EM UP”.

i fully understand the realities of war but even then theres a line, thats why war crimes are a term.

Tanya exploited a loophole so shes able to get away with it, and i wouldnt be surprised if rules were changed just for her. Im not arguing if the people in the city was combatants or not. This entire arc’s point is that even if its a war, atrocities are still horrible

Dex-chan lover
The anime did this so much better.
A lot of it is just a matter of colour and motion. A lot of scribbled flames in black & white can't really convey the carnage the same way fully animated colour can. It is hard to make out who is even being killed and where here.
Plus, given how this adaptation continuously ruins the tone of the story through goofy visuals, the actions taking place here are difficult to take seriously. Before you know it, the whole thing will be back to pudgy cartoon animals on a map.

I wonder if they've continued the anime by now. It was kinda short when I last watched. Could do with a rewatch.

Aggregator gang
"Unlike in sports, the game of war has no set time limit and no points are awarded, so how do you determine the winners and the losers? When all your enemies are destroyed? Perhaps then."

Users who are viewing this thread