The Saga of Tanya the Evil - Vol. 14 Ch. 40 - Andrew Report: The Massacre of Arene

Dex-chan lover
101 comments of people arguing and I'm just laughing about the Ginyu force on page 20

Remember people, the empire didn"t lose remember in another chapter of andrews reports where two people are in a convwrsation and then the other one asks "why are you studying the truth? To make it seem like the empire lost?" And bear in mind that the Empire changed its goal to achieving national defense and making their enemies resources' bleed out so they can negotiate on more favorable terms. Probably peace treaty after being exhausted. My eyes also hurt from people trying to use again their morality as their own basis of what's right and wrong. It also makes me feel sick how we humans are sometimes are regarding rewriting history to save our butts. The french and uk were the idiots get over with they're the ones who started it in the first place. The humans truly are weird. Regarding Tanya she probably formed a Private military corps of her own or something, that is, If all of her people from the wing followed her.

Dex-chan lover
@PsychoJing

History was always rewritten to glorify one and turn another into the 'evil' just to make excuses, to have a winner and a loser on a battle that ended on terms where both sides have found it arduous to expense resources any longer, and this blatant plays of being victim are annoying. This is a twisted reality for every country, the partial truth for patriotism chosen over holism.. and journalism was never about the truth anyways, it's about perceived truth affected by their own morals and phenomenology... how sickening.

This is also why you see US glorifying themselves over WW2 so much despite the fact that they're observers for almost the entirety of the war.

@N0Mi0

Completely agreeable, when there's no cause then there's no effect. It's a simple rule people can't seem to understand.

I hate documentaries like this. Mainly because they make no mention of the Republic. The ones that weaponized civilians and militias... the ones that basically caused the massacre and in a way violated international treaties with human shields, executing POWs as well as civilians that were trying to surrender and escape.

You cannot look at the effect without also looking at the cause. The ends do not always justify the means... the same as the means do not always justify the end.

Aggregator gang
Page 24's Colored Version
o76W3VB.jpg

Double-page supporter
I think a benefit of being a American is that most of us have forgotten about national bias and it’s quite fun trying to put together the entire picture from small hints. @morihere So there’s a chance this alternate world Germany survived? That means that nazis wouldn’t ever arise which would be good.

The fact that the Ambassador sent for such an Event is still part of the Military definitely implies that the End of the War went very differently than it did here.
The Empire's militarism is evidently still there.

Dex-chan lover
@NeoAcario but alternate america news is basically just mirroring current america’s more liberal-extreme news. Freedom of speech has this cost to it, after all

A realistic portrayal how actions of the Empire would be portrayed when the empire lost.

Dex-chan lover
@mildev From context, given none of the nations in the series are known as the "Federal Republic", I'm guessing that is the name of the successor state to the empire after they lost the war, maybe.
I looked back on previous war reports and found evidence lending credence to this–every mention of the Empire was past tense: the Empire did x, former general of the Empire, and additionally, documents from the Empire were revealed but it doesn't say whether the entity that revealed them was still the "Empire". All of this comes together as me postulating that after the war, the Empire reorganized itself to shed responsibility akin to what Germany did after the Second World War (albeit forcibly).

Whose to blame for the massacre can be put down to, is it Tanya's fault for informing and inciting a merciless strategy for the sake of victory? (Being a beast, remember Tanya doesn't wish to commit massacre as she finds it wasteful and wants being X to stop her to prove he is god)

Or is it the Republic's fault for assuming that, in an age with no precedent for such massacres, they willingly decided to stall the empire by surrounding themselves with civilians for the sake of victory? (Thinking that beasts don't exist, remember Vianto thought there was no way for Tanya to win because massacre was never considered an option from his pov)

Now you see where the question of whose to blame doesn't have a yes or no, a right or wrong?
That's because it's conflict with differing interests and perspectives leading people to take actions which from an outside perspective seem irrational.
Both parties don't intend to cause the massacre yet both take actions that caused it, because they were thinking from different perspectives and had a conflict of interests. You can't blame the empire for not wanting their front line to collapse and you can't blame the Republic for wanting to collapse the Empire's front line. Neither are to blame for they never wished it, yet both are to blame for their actions that caused it. There is no more wrong side, they both had reasons to act as they did so you can justify anything they did from their intentions but in the end both of their actions created an unjustifiable event. Whose to blame is open to interpretation and essentially a question without answer, just which side do you BELIEVE is right.

P.S I believe In Tanya being "right" because she is the MC we follow and love when we see her interact with her superiors, her subordinates and being X and his groupies. (And annihilate her enemy, honestly she gets more screen time so she is more interesting and more fun to root for, as an outside perspective enjoying the manga for entertainment)

Dex-chan lover
He basically spends forever explaining why the empire was justified and then adds "this was a massacre" at the end as if that changes the conclusion lmaoo
Why the fuck WOULD they try to use police? God damn enemy military forces airdropped into your city and started an uprising in what fucking world is that a job for mall cops? Ofc you bring in the fucking army
As usual FUCK these future chapters
France wasn't eradicated
This is truly a hell world

Dex-chan lover
Why am I not surprised?
Another chapter of beating the dead horse and reminding everyone that "burning civilians is bad mm'kay", complete with goofy animals doing the Ginyu pose so we know they're ultra serious abou- ... no... no, they're not serious at all.
This entire chapter is just to remind us that "hur hur burning people funny!" ....

I liked this story when the Anime was telling it, but the manga artist seems to be trying to ruin it with goofy animal pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread