The Saga of Tanya the Evil - Vol. 15 Ch. 41 - Preparation to Move Forward I

Contributor
@Kirizuna
>anime
Anime is like a pale shadow compared to the actual Youjo Senki. We here are proud LN readers.

@yellanha
Most things aside from the general idea, as with all previous chapters, are actually manga-"original." In the novel, there are almost never much fight details, and in most cases fights are presented from enemies' POV. Now, before breathing in and getting mad, check out how the manga's authors are. It's both the artist and Carlo Zen. Meaning, everything in here should be considered additional material.
And it actually really proves to be a wise decision. Here we have a quite rare case where adaptation really completes the original. In LN we have all those stratagems and concepts with philosophy and so on. In manga we have detailed fights and characters. Actually, in LN this fight has hardly any details about individuals. Visha falling is completely new material. So is Glantz side.
LN is, if you allow me, a somewhat complicated military opus on the topic of WWI-WWII-era tactics and philosophy of war. Manga, on the other hand, for obvious reasons, is an actual implementation of this musings.

@WhimsiCat
What's much more interesting is that, seemingly, Visha are pretty deep in the personal details of Tanya's life. It can be concluded from Tanya saying "mad scientist," which is real Tanya speaking, contrasted to her outer shell she shows to everyone including Weiss. The other one is her showing and talking about type 95, which I think even most leaders in her wing are not informed about. All in all, this is a great little part, from which we can actually surmise a lot. Also Visha seems to be a shovel-monster.

@Iheart
This is what happens when you painstakingly gather the cream of the tops of the military talents in your military-inclined nation, and train-and-train them to their bones without end + add insane amount of all sorts of resources. The sheer fact that some rookies got so shaken up is what's hard to believe. Her forces aren't made of human beings, don't forget. Even Visha is a serial killing crazy.

@Nep
It actually is mostly comedy with insane art. Contrast with LN, which is mostly dry military talk without much of humor, just snarking.

@mahtan
Literally. Arguably that's partially the reason why she's so bold in offense: she's always fighting using just part of her powers, and she doesn't really care about others as long as she's not to be blamed. I think she only truly cares about Visha and just cares about Weiss, at least at this point. The first one is the closest being she has in this world, and the second one is basically the most useful cog of her forces. I'm sure it'll never happen, but I think Tanya would have a really hard time if Visha dies. I actually expect them to go marry and live together happily ever after.

@lenovoaxioo
It's actually a little bit hard to tell since we have these convenient years to confuse us. Politically speaking, this world is not 1925, it's late 19th century-early 20th. Liberally speaking, it is somewhat later than 1925 judging by info from LN and peace chapters. Now, technologically speaking, it surely is quite later than 1925. Leaving a weird mix of WWII technologies aside, in the future parts they talk about full documentary TV-shows, which is somewhat early for 1965 in UK, correct me if I'm wrong.
So we probably should not think in lines of YSYear=OurYear.

@Silveridge
Keep in mind that her wing as actually very complex and that think a lot about covering and withdrawing before someone takes a loss. Since they're mages, the kinda have HP.

@artyom
I mean, she is literally chosen by GOD to be the best offence mage in probably the whole world just for shits and giggles.

@Golder
Actually, Tanya has literal plot armor, the one Lord provided her with upon reincarnating her into this world. He wants her to feel utter despair for the longest time, and it won't happen if she dies.

@Dezaki
For all it's worth, LN doesn't have even half of all this OOOOOOOOH WOOOO moments and hilarious misunderstandings. But in manga's case, it really feels like she brainwashes people into following her to death, and I wonder if the HQ will start to worry about this potentially getting out of hand where people will start fighting for Tanya and not the Empire. But then again, in LN her troops are much more cold-headed and actually complain at her from time to time and try to stop her from doing irrational things, alongside wanting to take a break and such.

@Doomer
Nah, it may be all portrayed nice and dandy, but it was literally a fight between her wing and the outer layers of Francois vanguard. As told in LN quite a lot of times, they would get wiped out when faced with an actual army unit. Good thing they're spec-ops that are trained to penetrate-and-retreat.

@Santouryuu
Not sure what you're talking about, maybe there is some ads or special materials outside the chapter there. This chapter is 65p, which is perfectly usual for this manga.

Dex-chan lover
All this, and the 203 only had WOUNDED? Even Tanya projected losing literally half her men. Either the Francois Republic is even more incompetent than previously shown, or the author is getting just a bit blatant with the plot armor.

@nomadicengi lol VishnaxTanya started way before this. Aren't they adorable?!!!
@EOTFOFYL thank you for spoiling the LN titles instead of the events itself in detail. I could get used to this instead of the ones that usually give an in-depth spoiler.
@N0Mi0 wonderfully said. All of it was lovely. Really love the part where they show Tanya is comfy with Vishna way more than the others event though it was shown many times before, this one takes the cake.

Also, for everyone getting down about the empire's fall, only the reporters said that. The chapter where two reporters had a conversation and one of them asked "why are you studying the truth? To make it seems like the Empire lost?" Or something along those lines. Don't fret. They used Tanya's plan of exhausting the enemy and intending to negotiate Peace treaties after. Idk the events that will unfold but it's obviously leading to that. I wish Vishna would replace her Bayonet with A shovel head instead. Plus carry a backpack of shovels for throwing. OwO

Fed-Kun's army
Rereading this because I love this series so much, but are there missing pages? Chapter 39 ends with Tanya going to talk to Zettour in the captial and argue against being rearguard but the talk never happens and we jump right into Tanya rousing the 203 for battle in chapter 41.

Dex-chan lover
Rereading this now, and I think on page 36 that reporter is Visha's friend disguised as a reporter. At least it looks like her hairstyle.

Aggregator gang
Rereading this because chapter 50 came out.

Oh my being X! This is the first time Tanya called someone by their nickname. Look at that, our loli major commander cares a lot for visha she just went and left her squadron to save her.

Also, i would really love a side story for this. Saga of Visha and her Bloody shovel. girl just won by using a shovel halfway through those waves.

Banned
This chapter was a fucking mess.
Combat is tough to follow at the best of times in the manga since it is all B&W streaked lines everywhere... but this chapter in particular was just battle from start to finish and...... stuff happened? People were shot. Okay. Scenes like this are why the anime was so much better...

Well, that and the anime wasn't the repetitive string of arbitrary misunderstandings that the manga is. It is like they just do those for filler here by this point.

Oh well... it isn't a bad manga... but the anime was still better. Easily.

Double-page supporter
once again the anime does not compare. Tanya used the type 95 even though it had the mental corruption and even called visha Viktoriya. the only other person to call her visha is erya

The anime was ass compared to this imo. I wish they adapted this manga solely because of its pacing and development instead of half-assing the LN's plot and designing the characters from their own imagination. But that would have been impossible realistically.

Visha with a shovel is the second most deadly thing on the battlefield second only to Tanya

Users who are viewing this thread