The Saint's Magic Power Is Omnipotent - Vol. 4 Ch. 16.3 - Another Saintess Part 3

Dex-chan lover
So, are we to assume she has actually done nothing wrong, it is just that the prince had required the men under him to help Aira in studying, school life and to accompany her when he couldn't himself. He couldn't ask girls at school to do it because he can't talk to girls with fiances, though he could have asked his own fiances to help and with her underlings, but then it would be like he is passing the buck. He may not have been allowed to tell his fiance, though liz was able to figure out Sei was summoned right away. If anything this is all nothing but a bunch of misunderstandings

It is something that will take that world a long time to work past.

@WillLi I wouldn't be sure he feels any guilt if it weren't for this couple of chapters and I believe it's only because it was in his face, cause the way they have been treating Sei seems more like they see her as a problem or a troublesome person. You would normally think that you would at least be respectful in this kind of situations, but he and his people just full-on pushed her to a corner of the castle to avoid any possible contact.
The only good thing is that they didn't prohibit the personnel from interacting with Sei

Bless you Liz, you tried. And almost succeeded, too. No wonder she was so frustrated.

@WillLi

I would believe it if he did actually have guilt but no the prince doesn't. Never checked up on sei and when rumors popped up for sei achievements, let's just say he's a dick head.

He's helping aria because it was a duty given to him by the king. He most likely told aria he feels guilty for the summoning to gain her trust.

He's grooming her man, its pretty dang obvious, hes keeping the girls and anyone with a position of power as far back as possible to keep her reliant on him.

There no inconsistency about the treatment for sei or aria. He took the prettiest of the girls and natural assumed the saintess would the be young and beautiful. He didn't even recognize sei after sei had her make over when she had plenty of rest and developed make up.

Hes a straight up vain sleezebag.

Dex-chan lover
@theShear As I said before, she can simply -tell- the prince to give her someone else. And it really doesn't matter that Elizabeth was the only friendly one, that doesn't change that she is -aware- of what she's doing and not doing anything about it. Her actions there are still wrong, it just makes the other's jerks too.

@primrosea If I remember correctly it has been -months- in story. Culture shock is over. And the problem is not that she isn't fully independent, the problem is that she is not trying to be independent, and she is intentionally taking advantage of this. As she reasons out in her own thought bubble that she knows what she's doing but will still do it, because she cares only about herself.

@Dragontrainer comic specifically says that there would be times and days where she doesn't see her parents because htey both work. She was not totally dependent. She isn't a baby, she should have enough social independence to speak up for herself at least, and that is where her fault is that she is not speaking up, and that she is consciously doing something bad out of her own self interest. No one is saying she needs to fix everything by herself, but she is making zero effort.

The rest of what you say is mostly true but relies on assumptions, but also you're dodging the problem. The problem is not that Aria isn't independent. The problem is that she is being 'clingy' with other people's fiances. It'd be one thing if the prince was manipulating her. But she has made -zero- effort to increase the distance even a little. Like I mentioned, she can ask the prince to back off a little, and ask for someone else who isn't engaged to look after her. 100% chance the prince has butlers or maids that can do that. And she doesn't need to know the world's etiquette to know that when someone straight up tells you you're causing problems, that you're causing problems. She in her own thoughts specifically reasoned that these people were telling her not to be close to people's fiances. She didn't think it was jealousy telling her to stay away from their crushes, she -knows- they're engaged and that socially it's a problem if she's close. Yes it's scary, but just because she's scared doesn't mean her actions aren't bad actions.

@shinsenryuu that's what I mean though. I think he is trying to -avoid- feeling more guilt by not coming face to face with Sei, that's why i think he didn't have them meet, cause he wouldn't be able to dodge guilt then. (And I agree it didn't seem like he felt guilt at all till this chapter)

@domo404 his expression when Aria started crying was for sure guilt. He could be faking it yes, but honestly we don't have enough information about what the prince has been doing on a personal level to be sure about anything. It's hard to even evaluate if he's a jerk, or just legit stupid. But also pretty sure he's not grooming her in the way you think either. He's also not keeping people away. She goes to normal classes, and interacts with other people as well. The prince just steps in when he thinks people are harassing her. (Well actually we don't even know if he's stepped in multiple times we just have this one time to go off.)

Dex-chan lover
@WillLi Not to add too much to the dogpile, but I'm willing to side with Aria here even if other women have told her, because she probably has to choose between the women she doesn't know at all (and probably only spoke a few sentences with), and the prince she's trusting of because she's grown dependent on him over a few months. Nobody's gonna talk back to the prince (except hopeully Sei), so even if she did bring up "um could you introduce me to some other people", he could just do some dumbass prince thing like saying "no, don't feel bad about it, they're just improperly jealous. You've done nothing wrong, keep on as you are and don't worry I'll give you what you need" and brush her off, since his job in the manga is essentially to be the bad dumb guy who makes the bad decisions.

It'd be great to have her push back on him, but her backstory establishes her as a kid who was pampered to the point of never needing to learn to talk back (and probably couldn't really since her parents weren't usually around), so I don't fault her for not suddenly having the courage to talk back to the prince of the nation she was whisked off to.

Imagine being Aira, dang. Came from a loving family. She's a child. An only child.
Probably just living a normal happy life with smartphone and technologies to chill out during the weekend.
Suddenly have to go on a journey and train in an unknown world to defeat monsters.
Like y would some kid be in her right mind to uptake the responsibility of saving some unknown world just because she was summoned.
She could probably be more reassured with Sei on her side, coz Sei is a responsible and rational adult.
Thank God for Sei. If not, their world will be in ruin thanks to the red hair kiddo.
The he** to the crown prince for ruining everything.
Maybe because of his stupidity, there's another faction supporting another prince.

Dex-chan lover
@Salfaro if she -did- talk to him and then the prince didn't listen then it was all on the prince. But the thing is she hasn't -tried-. That's why Aria is in the wrong. And "not faulting her" and "siding with her" are two entirely different things. Liz "Doesn't fault her" but Liz still wants her to get some space from her man, or at least -try-. The problem here is that Aria isn't trying, despite being aware of the problem. Siding with that behavior and saying it's okay means you're syaing it's okay for Liz to potentially wreck relationships because she doesn't want to try to be a better person.

If she tries and doesn't succeed that's one thing, but never trying at all is just disrespectful to all the women who's fiances she's close to.

@WillLi

From what aria said, he has clearly stepped in multiple times judging by her reaction with liz.

Also, how immediately he was on the defensive when dealing with liz.

Like I said I doubt it is guilt. They know their goal was to summon a saintess to save their kingdom. They needed a unwilling volunteer to their world to save it.

Yes, he's keeping people away from her. Even though she participates in classes, he has his lackeys guard her. The only time people can interact with her is when she momentarily left alone. But you know how that ends up. Jealous fiances come in to yell at her.

Dex-chan lover
@domo404 All of that is your assumptions and not verifiable at all with what is actually posted in the book. No where does it saying that he interferes frequently, it also doesn't say that he keeps guards around her keeping people from talking to her. The closest it says is "He shields her from the world" which can mean multiple things(could just mean that he's keeping the bad out, but not bird-caging her), but in that very same narrator bubble it says he's motivated by guilt. So I'm sorry dude but you're either ignoring what the story is outright telling you, or just have really bad reading comprehension.

Dex-chan lover
@domo404 yes I have. But guess what that's not needed because the book straight up says "The prince feels guilty". Also there is a difference between critical thinking/reading between the lines, and making assumptions. Honestly critical thinking and reading between the lines or different too. But the crux of it is, that what you are doing goes beyond 'interpreting' the information you're given. You are -adding- to the data with stuff that hasn't been verified and then getting a result from that. That is not critical thinking that is assuming. Critical thinking is using the information provided, and only that, and looking for the deeper meaning behind it. Like for instance with critical thinking you can say "The prince probably doesn't have a huge amount of affection for Liz." You can also say "The prince has too much free reign and isn't monitored well" Because those would be insights derived wholly from verifiable information and nothing else.

However there is no verification that the prince has actually kept Aria from talking to people, we do know he is 'shielding her' but the extent has yet to be verified. It is also not verified that he has jumped in on other girls talking to Aria. We only know that he jumped in on Liz right now. That doesn't mean that he didn't, but saying for sure that he did and calling that facts is non verifiable. That's like saying "There are aliens out there 100%, because statistics says it's almost impossible for humans to be the only sentient life in the universe" No matter how likely something is, it's not fact until it's provable.

Dex-chan lover
@WillLi Admittedly it's on the author to tell us the important info, but if this is just a quick flashback to point out "btw Aria is sympathetic it's not her fault" the author might've just included enough details to get the idea across so we that can go back to Sei quicker. If the flashback's been over the course of a few months I wouldn't be surprised if it'd happened at least once, and I'm basically just assuming that the character we're obv supposed to sympathize with here is properly sympathetic, otherwise it kind of defeats the point of the flashback if things are still her fault. Basically it seems like a minor + non-contradictory enough thing that I'm willing to trust the author here and fill in the blank myself than to think they just screwed up and made the char still awful.

Always possible this goes into more depth in the LN/WN/whatever this is adapted from too, but I'm not about to go read that to figure this out.

Dex-chan lover
@Salfaro If she's properly sympathetic then that's good and I will sympathize, just I have lost faith in LN/WN authors knowing what a properly sympathetic character is. Not saying it's impossible, just I've stopped expecting them to do it right.

Users who are viewing this thread