The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 18

Thank you for the mass release and your hard work thus far!

I can understand why D&A chose to drop the series. After all, it seems like the vast majority of readers just want fast releases and don't really bother with the details. I wouldn't blame them if they felt like it wasn't worth the effort to release something that is already "out there". I'm not trying to judge the ethics of sniping or whether "quality" matters, but this is just how it is, from what I've seen so far.

It's a pity that it caused some drama along the way. I get the point of view that anyone is free to release their own chapters if they are able to churn them out faster (regardless of quality), because the series doesn't technically belong to anyone, but I hope that people can understand why it may upset the original group when they are probably already working on the next chapter. Some people may think that they should expect to be sniped if they are "too slow", but that is all relative. I don't think it is a matter of losing views, but also wasted effort that could have been spent on another series that doesn't have any translator working on it. Ideally, there could have been better communication and coordination between the groups, perhaps to collaborate, but I understand how that isn't always possible.

Unfortunately, there is no real consensus on sniping in the community at the moment, so I think it's best that we refrain from pointing fingers at each other and move on, now that the matter is resolved.

@Kingdo and I agree with you I can't understand all this drama, when in reality no one has the right to do anything at all. I actually read the one that comes out first, and if they want to drop it, when it's perfectly possible collaborating that's their loss, it's just a pity especially for those who read only this translation.

Thank you for your hard work on the translations. It is fine for you to decide to stop due to redundancy, but being petty about it is such a disappointment. You've done nothing but hurt yourself. Honestly, I don't mind spoilers, but if you have to say "don't scroll", then you shouldn't have included it at all. If you want to be superior, you should act superior.

I’m hoping it’s a joke given the panel after scrolling past the t/n.

Thank you for your hard work until now, it's a shame that you're dropping but ultimately, yeah, I get it. I'm following a lot of your other scanlation projects so I'm still looking forward to your future releases! Happy CNY

Dex-chan lover
@umemiya

Unfortunately, there is no real consensus on sniping in the community at the moment, so I think it's best that we refrain from pointing fingers at each other and move on, now that the matter is resolved.
There is a pretty clear consensus - there are no rules against it - it is not an offence, and it shouldn't be considered one.

Happy Chinese New Year
🧧🧧🧧Red envelops for you for your work thus far!!!

To the people commenting on the group sudden drop:
I am seriously disappointed (so no envelopes for you).

To the translators:
Thank you for translating, I may not fully understand your reasoning for dropping the series (because I haven’t been following the drama) but I will respect your choice. All I know is that you temporarily saves me from the backlash for the addiction to the series, so thank you! (For the work you’ve done thus far, more red envelopes!!! 🧧🧧🧧🧧🧧🧧🧧🧧🧧🧧🧧🧧🧧🧧🧧🧧🧧🧧🧧)

It's unfortunate you felt you had to drop this series however thank you for all your hard work, D&A. It was greatly appreciated.

People shouldn't be complaining about the spoiler page. You gave them fair warning to not scroll down, and I scrolled down fully expecting to see a spoiler.

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work and happy belated Chinese new year!

@criver

I agree with you that it is not an offence and MangaDex doesn't forbid it.

However, I still see quite a lot of people who consider it poor etiquette. There are various views about sniping, such as "whoever releases it first", "as long as the quality is not affected" or "this effort should be directed towards untranslated series". In that sense, I do not feel that there is any consensus among the community yet.

Dex-chan lover
@umemiya

You will never get a 100% agreement over a large group of people.

whoever releases it first
We're not in kindergarten. This is some arbitrary bs, they do not own the manga.

as long as the quality is not affected
There is quality control - if something is obviously a troll release it gets deleted, neither of the releases here fulfill this criteria.

this effort should be directed towards untranslated series
People stating this are free to direct their effort towards untranslated series, nobody is stopping them from doing so. The issue is that they want others to do that for them, and they want to get to decide this. I don't believe I have to explain what's wrong with this.

Thanks for the chapter. Pity there is so much drama. But, Happy Chinese New year everybody!

Reading through some of these comments and I'm just like WTF. Some of you need a reality check. You're not paying these groups so they don't owe you anything. Further, they themselves don't own ANY rights to this work so anyone -- ANYONE -- on MD can come in and do what they do. It doesn't have to be good or clean -- and there should be no expectation it will be.

If you like a group's scans, show your support with views and comments (donations too!) but the moment you start complaining - the relationship between a group and its readers becomes unsustainable. We can disagree with their decision and how they said it (I did) but we should appreciate them enough to respect it.

It really is a shame. Wish you could keep translating like you said you'd do, especially since you have so many readers ready to wait for you and supporting your high quality scans! But as free people you are free to do what you feel better and i guess all this drama was seriously just too much. Not many would still have the mood to continue huh x'D
will be waiting for your next projects ❤

Aggregator gang
Sniping is always good, we get so many chapters

@6f0909
does that mean D&A will stop throwing tantrums when the other group releases chapters?

Users who are viewing this thread