The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 9

I see what you did thereeeee hahaha as long as you guys are happy. Don't let it bother too much

Thank you for clarifying DnA scans, I appreciate that you guys are willing t continue at all. I’ve been reading mangas/manhwas since 2006 and I HAVE SEEN SO SO SO MANY SERIES THAT WERE DROPPED BECAUSE OF SNIPPING THEN THE SNIPE GROUP STOP RELEASING TOO AFTER THAT. So many, so so so many. Then the project remains on hiatus for months, years, until an entirely different group decide to pick it up(very unlikely too if they’d have to buy the raws). It’s ridiculous that people are even debating this. Please continue your work I will only read your version and if you guys can release chapters 6-8 too that’ll be amazing. I noticed the quality right away and honestly it hurts my eyes.

@gelas That's kind of rude?? This group can't just throw out fast releases, just like that one can.

They have lives too and are trying to get by. Sure, they want to be able to translate the series that they love, but it definitely hurts when your hard work is being overshadowed by one that is of low quality and the grammar isn't exactly accurate. They do their best to release when they can, and the fact that the other group is NOT replying to them to work things out is completely unacceptable.

Honestly, I've seen other projects from other groups get sniped. The quality decreases and as soon as the original group calls it quits (due to lack of support from readers), the snipers start to roll out releases less frequently. As readers I am sure there are some of you that think that this is okay, as long as you get something to read. You can believe that, but knowing the pattern of snipers... it is bad in the long run. However translations are a project with multiple people, it isnt just rude but disrespectful. If it is just practise, why not reach out to D&A discord??? It is a shame cause there are so many projects on mangadex that have dropped due to losing a korean translator. Anyway... if you guys can... please do chapter 6-8.

I understand... I'm sorry.. I won't do this again...my impatience made me reckless😔😔😔😔

@GreenDragon I totally agree with you but you see if the scans group stops updating then people would proceed to complain even more saying stuff like the group is being petty and so on. I've seen it before.

@Meybi speak only for yourself I haven't read any of the chapters posted by the "other group", didn't even open them. Also I would 100% prefer something wich people are working hard and putting their hearts in over "now I'm gonna try randomly translating this just to see people's reaction".

Why can't scanlation teams ever take competition? They call it sniping and they say that it is rude but if people want to read a different group translation they will. It's not like being the first to do something gives you the right to be the only one to do it.

@gelas

The work goes to waste only if you let it?????? For someone who does translations (illegally) you should know that having reader support is a huge motivator to continue the project. To be quite honest, I'm surprised you've taken the snipers side. Sure there is no real claim to such projects, but you SHOULD reach out to original groups. Most people are upset with this no group because they have seen other projects dropped due to sniping as we are well aware of the pattern. D&A have built a community around their scanlation group, they have a discord for discussion, they have a team, and are maintaining their own lives. It is just rude to do this to an already established group. But then again you don't really care about that so idk why I'm even responding to you and your hypocritical stance. Focus on your own scans and I hope nobody disrespects your team by sniping your project

Thank you DnA for this beautiful chapter! I'm so happy you take the time to translate sfx 🤧 It'd just look incomplete and rushed without them. It sucks that you're getting sniped by these ignorant people with poor reasonings behind their actions. I'll wait for your chapters and pray that you don't drop this (but understand if you do)!

@umoonlight

I know the entitled bunch will just complain even more but even if they think the group is being petty, at least now they understand the danger of sniping. Next time they will stone a sniper because they don't want that hypothetical future group getting 'petty' again instead of supporting the sniper like this time.

Because frankly, the complains of this group being petty is already an unacceptable level already now. Half the comments here are ATTACKING DnA for being 'unreasonable', 'childish', and 'can't take competition'. Scanlation is already a paidless job, if its also a thankless and respectless job frankly I'm going to have to dissuade people from working in such an abusive environment

This translation sparks joy.
The other one does not.

Please, keep up the excellent work! Plenty of us will take quality over quantity any day.

Group Leader
I hope D&A won't drop this over this all. The sniper group will eventually lose interest and stop pumping out their horribly done translation, no need to feel the need to match their pace. At this point they should be well aware of the drama they've been causing but continuing to roll out more poor quality translations even after knowing so is beyond innocent mistake now and more just trolling.

I'm happily wait for your versions of these chapters, I would rather read something done competently but taking time to do so than those No Name's rush jobs.

@gelas & @Sethdarkblade well first if the other group really wanted to translate this series they would start from the beginning, also wouldn't hurt anyone if they actually talked to each other. And if it's "training" there are so many groups recruiting people that it sounds like a lame excuse.
I've seen before two groups scanalating the same thing without drama. Each one of them just updates their version and that is from chapter 1 not from midway were the last updatefrom the other group is. Fiancee of the wizard has 2 groups and people just have to choose which one they prefer to read from.

@caeIumgaIaxies And who said they should?? I said faster releases are ultimately better. Most readers want fast stuffs.
It's fine if they can't do that.
So why bash the other translation?

Exactly as you said they have lives.
That's exactly it! They knew they can't release fast anyway so why stopping the one who can??
Let people read what they want.
If me i want to read both.
I want fast contents and i want quality.

Everyone bash so much on "just don't read it" advice.
But seriously, you think it's better to stop the other group from translating and don't read their translation advice??

@uMoonlight fair enough. It isn't exactly a good look to just continue based of off what the other translation did. I just hope that this doesn't turn into both groups dropping the story just because of some weird war over non existent rights to translate.

Thank you, D&A Scans, for your translation of this series and the work you put into it. I have blocked the other group because you put out superior products, and I am willing to wait for better products.

Users who are viewing this thread