The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 9

Fed-Kun's army
wait didn't realizes it was done by a different group.. 😭😭😭
If anyone is wondering why I didn't notice it despite the massive differences in proper English, it's because my English is just THAT bad.. :') if anyone didn't say that the English was different, I wouldn't notice it.. 😭

I'm a translator myself, so I think I kind of knew the feeling when your work is snipped.. I hope this can be solved by the peaceful way...

To the comments: Calling a translation that takes a lot of time trash, just because grammar isnt perfect... You are sitting on your ass all day while waiting for people to release chapters, and when someone tries to actually do something and translate you are shaming their effort.

You guys are f*cking disgusting.

EDIT: To the group: You dont gain any money from this. That makes it even more fucking annoying. Just who do you guys think you are? This is volunteer work, are you guys for real? This isnt even yours, you are just translating. You were slow, so someone took over it. Its such a dumb thing to call them out on this, and you did it publicly. People just want shit to get done, and dont deal with your dumb "this is my candy" situation. At least respect to those who do the work. I hope the other guy wont get discouraged because of this.

Fed-Kun's army
Sorry, I understand your work and quality driven scanlation, but you have no right to give permission for anything related to original comic. Keep doing it if you want or drop it. No need for drama and all that circus. People who care for quality will only read your version, others care only for speed and will read faster release.

Sorry you are going through this. Your translations are obviously much better than the other person's, and the other person's actions are gross. However, people on this site don't appreciate your work and are ungrateful, so it's understandable if you drop the series. No point in dealing with the drama when people here just value whoever is the fastest over quality. Anyway, thanks for all your hard work until now.

Huh, I didn’t even realize this series was being snipped in that way since you have really released a chapter in a hot second 😅 Have you attempted to talk to the other group and considered maybe doing it as a joint project? Or, is that totally against what your group wants?

Also, thank you for the well translated chapter!

Dex-chan lover
@Kamikoto

We wouldn't be having this drama if it wasn't detrimental.
I disagree. The drama is caused by people believing they can be the judge of who gets to translate what, and is further fueled by the group that initially translated it.

But it obviously is a competition.
It's a competition only if a group decides to make it so. There are actual sane cases of two groups translating the same manga, one group providing faster "lower quality" releases, and a slower group providing "higher quality" releases, without any issues. It's clear who's fueling this drama and competition here.

There's no point to releasing a chapter that's already out and both groups are of course aware of that.
There are scanlators that have a different opinion on that, willing to re-release chapters in higher quality.

Which is why the other group "sniped" instead of releasing the same chapters and why DnA skipped chapters to release a new one.
Yes, there is no point for the new group to re-release chapters that are already there considering that their main goal is speed and practice.

DnA released the chapter first which basically made all the effort the other group put into their own chapter worthless.
It was probably almost done already, so why not release it? Or maybe, they disagree with your opinion that it is meaningless.

Whoever releases first makes the work of the other meaningless.
Not necessarily, but one can view it that way. Doesn't mean that anybody has the rights on the manga, so that still doesn't justify the rant.

If I was DnA, I'd drop this series.
And there would be nothing wrong with that. This still doesn't justify the rants. You are allowed to drop something, but you cannot call dibs on anything.

Group Leader
honestly I completely disagree with you.
Sniping is perfectly fine. let them have their release if they want to, I don't see what the problem is.
Readers will either want a very fast low quality release or a slower better quality one. let the readers choose and don't try to force your opinion on them.

That being said, thanks for the great work, clearly your release is of much better quality than the competition in this case.

@Allexio is right
I doubt this is a translation approved by the author Sooo since they are all pirates here, I don't see why they cry because they published a chapter of "their" series, THE SERIES DO NOT BELONG TO TRANLATORS
Free market: triumphs the one that offers better quality products at a better price
competition brings quality

SNIPPING ALL YOU WANT ONLY GIVE ME THE DAMN CHAPTERS I ONLY CARE ABOUT THE STORY NO MORE NO LESS

@Zeesnowflower2002
You've been asked to make a pizza and you want to put some effort into it. You get some good ingredients and spend time practicing how to make a pizza. Some come out the worse side of mediocre but you finally get it right, you finally make a good pizza. You go to deliver it and your customer is already eating. They might eat your pizza if they're really hungry or stop eating the first if it's a bit bad, but otherwise you can only eat it yourself

I don't think I can proclaim sniping as right or wrong since I can understand both sides of the argument, but I do think that it can be rather rude since it may result in wasted effort for the original translators who may have already been close to finishing more chapters. Ideally, it would be best if they could coordinate and release different chapters, but in this case, I think the large difference in quality may not make this practical.

I know a lot of people don't care about the quality of translations, and I'm not too picky about it either since I understand that not all groups have native English speakers, but the other translation had a lot of glaringly awkward phrases. I also find it a little disingenuous that they pass it off as "practice" while trying to rally support in the comments when the faster release will naturally get more attention, but I suppose it's technically a free market.

I appreciate D&A's efforts to provide slower but more readable translations, but I also won't blame them if they drop it at this rate (although it'll be a pity), since it's just going to result in wasted effort if the other group isn't interested in coordinating and most people don't really seem to care either way. If that ever happens, I just hope that the new team does not randomly drop it sooner or later.

Edit: Typo

Aggregator gang
Most readers don't care about sniping, all we care about is fast releases

Oof I'm new of this kind of 'sniping' terms but I guess I can understand a bit about the translators group feeling..
For that, sorry for not realizing it myself.
Oh well i guess i'll just hold my curiosity for the new chapter for now.
Waiting till I can read many chapters.

Thanks for providing us the translation, I hope this matter won't be get any bigger than it already is.

People in the comments who don’t understand why sniping is bad... If you don’t get it then you’re just naturally an a**hole lmao. It’s all about intention. We all want to read chapters quickly and the more the merrier, but this also gives people obessesed with attention the green light to just steal whatever they like because people will consume it regardless and further inflate their big heads. Lol I also don’t like it when scan teams hold onto chapters for a long time and won’t post consistent updates until someone snipes a project that they are working on...

I get why there's so much debate over sniping - in the end, it's about being respectful of what others are already doing since one can't really claim a right to anything since this is technically done illegally.

My problem is that the other group is being very rude about this. Not answering messages apparently, laughing about the situation and not taking it seriously (as serious as you can with this). They claim not even knowing what is sniping, which I highly doubt if they spend any decent amount of time reading scanlations. It is true that if this was really just for practice they could've taken any other project that wasn't already taken, or used it just for personal use instead of uploading it. I personally keep many manhuas I like saved for me to practice reading chinese, I don't go out there publishing my work to compete with the current translators.

DnA- Thank you for all your hard work. I don't think I would have started this series if it wasn't for your deligent translations. Your quality is more than worth the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread