The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 2 Ch. 55

Dex-chan lover
Well, while some people will say "Feminism in Action", I have to say, these people don't understand history. Be it in Ancient times, or Medieval times, there were women rulers. Cleopatra, Queen Elizabeth, Bloody Mary, Queen Isabela, Catherine the Great, and others. Women weren't as discriminated against in the past as everybody thinks. The thing is if you were a queen, and married some noble, you didn't lose your right to rule, after all, you have the royal blood, and your husband doesn't. But you could lead the same luxurious life without working, or getting crazy solving the country's problems, leading wars, being on diplomatic missions, etc. Well, most women who took the throne, prefer to leave this to their husbands. But as I pointed out, not everybody was like that, some of them wanted the power struggle, wanted to lead wars, and solve the nation's problems, and that wasn't viewed as something bad. As the king here says, he didn't want her to have the burden of the crown (because she was fragile and everything) and had to choose her husband to take it away from her. There were worse ways of writing it, so I'm pleased that the author didn't go the feminazy style and had her father forbidden her from taking the throne.

I lost it when the princess stepped up to the throne, standing above her father, the King. What a fucking POWER MOVE. Loved it 🤣

Dex-chan lover
Ay, she showin her pops who should stand on the throne. Good on her. I hope he fucking realizes this already. Given his shock, maybe he has.

Dex-chan lover
@Purplelibraryguy Even when Men dominated society, they did it for women. The wives of the powerful guys, all were sleeping in silk sheets, having whatever they wanted. People still think men did the work because women must be inferior, but that's simply not true, what happened is that most of the work was basic and hard, like cutting wood, bending metal, plowing the land, fighting wars. Women almost never wanted to do basic work like that, and still don't want to, just see how many women apply to these jobs today, they simply don't want, it's dangerous and it's hard. But being CEO of a company, it's easy and gives a lot of money, that's what they want. Even being a merchant at those times, was dangerous, raiders could ambush you and kill you, or in case of women, rape and maybe sell as slaves later. Now being a merchant is easy, what isn't easy is to bring the goods, yes, the truckers, and guess who does most of this work... You guessed it right, men.

What is easy is to fall for the narrative that there is a war between the sexes, that all of your problems are the fault of someone else, and that you deserve everything even not having worked for that.

Dex-chan lover
Yess bishess prove to those men that woman can do also better things.
Not everything is all about gender.
Princess proving she can do better shit than her trash cousin.
CHOSE THE PRINCESS AS THE NEXT RULER!!AHOO!AHOO!

I'm actually in love with the plot rn. Girl power!!! This is amazing! I've never seen anything like this 💕💕💕

The Emperor would have no issues picking his next heir between the stupid, unreliable Gaspar and the smart, capable Princess. He'd pick Gaspar right away.

So I guess let's try convincing him a bit more 🙄

More power to the princess! I was not expecting them to throw that female authority narrative in, but I liked it. The king saying it's shameful that the women took the lead where men failed and the princess's firm response to that statement was nice. I already liked how they had Lady Keldon realize her worth was far more than just being the perfect wife candidate. The author actually has put some thought into showing how their society is for women and the progress the main character is playing a part in. I get that the king meant well with his intentions to find the princess a husband fit to be a ruler, but it's also limiting her in her abilities and dictating her life choices for her.

Thank you for the translations!

Users who are viewing this thread