The Strongest and Fastest Unlimited Level Up: With the Skills [1000x Exp] and [Level Free], I Broke the Upper Level Limit and Rose to the Top!

Translations kinda fucky, but its almost refreshingly honest in how dumb a idea it is. Most of these stories go "Oh people didnt like that I did X and not Y, but X is actually really good, and I am also the best at Y anyway." However this guys skill is literally "Hes the best". Its impossible to be better then him, and everything also is easier for him to do then anyone else. Where CAN a story go from there since he is, by definition, better then any rival or threat? Probably no where. Makes you wonder what the point of the misunderstood backstory is honestly, does the story REALLY change if people just already knew he was jesus?

Dex-chan lover
Makes you wonder what the point of the misunderstood backstory is honestly, does the story REALLY change if people just already knew he was jesus?
The point of this story is wish fulfillment, primarily targeted at lonely boys who feel cut off from society and wish they were super cool and all the girls would like them. So these characters always come from a place at first where they are "just like me fr" so that audience can self-insert into them. If the MC was a popular chad from the beginning their core demographic wouldn't be able to relate.

Yeah just generic stuff. Maria is annoying. It was an okay time waster of 4 chapters. No gonna continue further

Fed-Kun's army
One punch man the isekai, if one punch man was crappier and had pretty sub par art. Why does this guy even have magic he can literally punch holes in everything? The only interesting bit is the concept behind the skill system, which is like those rogue-likes where a run can be made or broken by the random skills you pick up but this nugget is largely ignored after the MC gets overpowered, would have made a better game than a manga.

Dex-chan lover
personally i think we need a version of The Boys for all of these overpowered male isekai mc's; they're outta control. and the way they treat children? its gotta end, man.
They tried that with Cheat Slayer. The problem is that Homura Kawamoto is somehow like nine times dumber than Garth Ennis and it blew chunks and pissed everyone off. The Boys comic is a real fucking low bar to pass and Kawamoto got bisected by it.

I like it! Not a very interesting title, but I think it´s more of a chamative catalyst for Shioyama to show the main character and idea they want to show, which by itself is not a bad thing. The protagonist is quite interesting, with his whole ´´freedom`` motivation. And yes, I do understand the immediate problem with Maria, but that is a sad constant of the genre, so we can only hope they at least keep treating her like nothing but a child. I think that the dungeon in the mordern world is a fun take that I don´t really see that often, and the political aspect (even if nothing but a short anecdote to act as a reason for secrecy) is pretty fun as well. All in all, a pleasant surprise in the story department, and I do want to see more.
-
Now for the art. As far as my research went, this is the first work of Tobata, and in that case it´s quite impressive! The main character is more of a ´´cutesy`` type, which yet again, you don´t see that often in this kind of work. Maria, as sad as the character as a product is, is reasonably complex with the whole hair, dress, hat and whatnot. The backgrounds and effects do leave a bit to be desired, but that´s only natural, assuming of course that this is indded Tobata´s first work. All in all, works pretty well alongside the story, and they may be an artist I will keep my eyes open for in the future.
-
TL;DR: a fun surprise, of which I hope to see more of.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But the student council president's son? Pretty sure the student council president is usually a teenager. then what the hell? he had a kid when he was a baby? what the blithering fuck?
I thought that was very weird too! But, upon further reading, it´s very possible that it was a mistranslation, KS Group seems to be pretty busy, and with the exception of the first one, they dropped these chapters day after day, and the first one is absolutely gigantic! Even the second, while shorter, is a good nineteen pages bigger than your usual chapter. And they do lack a proofreader, so that´s not doing them any favors. Honestly, I think that until (if ever) some other group polish these first chapters, we should take anything there with a grain of salt.

Dex-chan lover
the author pour all his daydreaming and self insert experiences into this...
i cant believe this shit appeared on my homepage recommendation and theres a lot of people give the rating of 10 to this shit. i dont want to waste my time to reading the first chapter of this piece of crap.
Re: Monster is another proof of self insertion.

Why can I predict the entire series's plot from the name. and the ending is gonna be 1 of the following:
1. Author gets health complications or dies
2. It gets Axed (Best option for everybody)

Dex-chan lover
Very implausible plot. If there were dungeons they would have been monetized immediately, they wouldn't let everyone in. It would be a real freak show in the mass media. Also why guns do not work in the dungeon, what logic can be here? The whole plot is sewn together with white threads.

Double-page supporter
personally i think we need a version of The Boys for all of these overpowered male isekai mc's; they're outta control. and the way they treat children? its gotta end, man.
FUNNY you said that, because there IS a version of The Boys. At least in the part where they kill those super bastards. I forgot the name, but it's about a murderer reincarnated to kill a bunch of otherworld reincarnated gone rogue with cheat skills. I can't promise it's a good read, but it's interesting to say the least.

Double-page supporter
basically
big numbers
big level ups
tiny skill levels but big bigger compared to everyone else
big strong
obscenely powerful
virtually nothing is a threat
arts good
everything else is mid, which should put it ahead of 70% of the competition

Dex-chan lover
It is not really wish fulfillment. Later in story he encounters a girl that can negate both physical and magical attacks.

Meaning that there are a lot of characters in the story have cheat skills.
Levels are meaningless if the opponent has instant death skill.

Aggregator gang
Was willing to play dumb when I saw "Level Up" in the title and the art for the cover looks pretty good. But when I read the English title I just wanted to face palm. But I'm willing to give this manga a chance though, so I'll edit this comment after reading it.
Guess he died of cringe

Double-page supporter
I need to throw my thoughts out. Everyone is complaining that this guy is over powered, but honestly I don’t see it even in the slightest. For someone who is alarmingly sky high above everything in stats why is he only slightly above in power compared to everything in fights? As dragon ball fans would say “power levels are bullshit”

The immortal girl made the series a lot more interesting but otherwise as others say it is bland and tasteless. A manga with a power trip oc who fails at being a power trip. If you were gonna make someone fight as if they are almost on the same level don’t make them so overwhelming with levels it makes no sense unless this is fire emblem and he’s been getting a single stat point per level.

Users who are viewing this thread