Nozomanu Fushi no Boukensha - Vol. 11 Ch. 53 - Collision

Dex-chan lover
lmao men talk through their fists. This is progressing at a rate I couldn't have forseen however.

Dex-chan lover
Loser MC was actually from a super special village and gifted all along. Do the author's have any shame?
Not really loser mc in this one. Don't remember if the manga properly conveyed this but it's that he had one issue that prevented him from becoming the best of the best yet he's well respected in the community and is seen as a skilled teacher. He just couldn't make it to silver rank or higher. They haven't explained too much about silver rank yet but that's the point where you're expected to have something superhuman about you, some kind of trump card that goes beyond what a human should be capable of. He was skilled, but couldn't reach the mythic level because he was just a really skilled human. Like, imagine Deku if he didn't get one for all for another 10 years but managed to become a mid-tier hero and a teacher at a hero school with martial arts and ingenuity alone. That's where he was.

Dex-chan lover
I find that fortresses, castles, defensive walls, and other similar structures tend to have the wrong proportions. The battlements in particular tend to be too small.
Yeah, it's a really common mistake in manga. When I visited a medieval castle for the first time as a kid, I recall specifically paying attention to the thickness of the walls, which certainly was a major difference compared to pretty much all other buildings one would ever enter, though bunkers would be a modern exception. Probably the mistakes in manga are half due to ignorance and half due to fortresses and castles getting drawn really quickly for schedule and budget reasons.

I'm amazed at how the pace of the story got both incredibly loaded and incredibly slow at the same time.
There's too much happening and not enough getting exposed without the incoming 4 chapter long exposition dump we are, without a single doubt, going to get in the next chapters. All the while, this fight should've ended within 1 chapter rather than the ridiculous length it took on.
At the same time, there's just too much going on for the story to have a good pace anymore; there's a ton of "mysteries" getting dumped over more mysteries, which is a problem the author needs to address before it reaches the point we're at. We're getting breadcrumbs of answers but more and more mysteries getting piled on, all for the sake of info-dump chapters that just utterly take the breath out of the story itself.

Users who are viewing this thread