The Villainess Will Crush Her Destruction End Through Modern Firepower - Vol. 4 Ch. 43 - The Villainess and the Cannon (First part)

Dex-chan lover
@Lan
that's the thing, wait i think i havent phrase it better
what i mean in, yes sure make it looks like GUNS, but the internal combustion used magic
mechanical stuff still normal spring and bolts (even better using adamantium lol) but the gunpowder/gas can use magic as substitute instead
i think magic as propellent is way better though, at least make bullets smaller, caseless but with better performance as well (if creative, even firaga type of magic can be used)

Fed-Kun's army
It's getting kinda comical how many problems are being "fixed" by blood magic. I mean, they do realize the physical dimensions of the MC, right? How is blood magic on her tiny frame going to do anything to stop the recoil from that unholy abomination of a field gun? I mean if the MC was using gigantification magic alongside blood magic then sure, but she'd basically be becoming the hulk at that point.

Or better yet, why would she even need to stop the recoil herself? I mean, that's not how guns like that work in the first place! Look up footage of those kinds of weapons firing, I can guarantee you that no one is even in physical contact with it when firing. All the recoil is supposed to be self-directed into the ground, or for old cannons (e.g. Pirate movies have some good examples) the recoil is absorbed by a small backwards sliding movement (ground friction). A human being cannon stop the amount of force generated by guns of this scale.

Dex-chan lover
@Doenyon
YES ! Finally an highschool student that does not automatically somehow have top end engineering mastery of all modern technology.
Actually, this could be said since the first time she created a gun using magic. Gnome came up and said that he had to fix a few parts otherwise it wouldn't have been functional.
So she doesn't have high-end engineering skills, and we've known that for a while. She's a gun otaku, but not to the point of knowing them as an engineer would. She's got enough knowledge that Gnome could understand the concept and supply the missing knowledge.

Dex-chan lover
@Kshatria
Apparently mages are not so powerful in this setting. Rifles and cannons deal much more damage than a fireball.

Dex-chan lover
The bigger the power, the bigger the recoil... if just a rifle's recoils enough to make her use blood magic, that also means she won't be able to withstand that big gun's recoil

Except the recoil is not transferred to her body, rather to those two metal 'stands'. It's a different setup than if you were handling a gun or rifle where the recoil is absorbed by your body

Dex-chan lover
@GotchaGru

I believe it was either a French or American 105mm Self Propelled Gun prototype on a tracked chassis developed during the Cold War. 70s-80s i believe.

Or was it during the Six Day War? I forgot.

It functioned almost like a revolver, it being able to dispense shells faster than your standard artillery piece.

The cylinder could be removed for reloading of the shells by the crew while another fully loaded pre-prepared cylinder could be installed quickly, resulting in the SPG being able to put down a constant stream of 105mm HE rounds at a high fire rate.

I don’t exactly remember much about it and there isn’t a lot of information on it, I just remember the concept.

Something about reliability, maintenance, or something like that caused the project to be shut down.

But it was certainly a very interesting concept, and I will go as far as to believe the author based the Bigger Iron off the 105mm Revolver Tank Thing.

Dex-chan lover
Astrid Top Hair were so funny. It can model anything and react to her usual emotion like an emoticon.

Imagine, Astrid become your wife.
You only expect two hands from her, and suddenly your stick below has been touch by an unknown hand.
Definitely, you will be scared to death...

Aggregator gang
UOOHH ASTRID, FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY, DON'T STAND BEHIND THE ARTILLERY EVER!!

She just made an artillery piece modeled on a magnum revolver, which are infamous for their insane kick.

And she put no recoil absorption on it. Modern artillery pieces will have parts that depress to take on recoil. Older artillery would not lock themselves in place and would allow the piece to roll back when fired.

This is not going to go well.

Dex-chan lover
everytime i see a giant revolver cannon i get reminded of that one revolver cannon they stuck in L'Arc de Triomphe in Sakura Wars.

Users who are viewing this thread