There's No Way I Can Have a Lover! *Or Maybe There Is!? - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

Thank you for the chapters!
If you don't like the translation just don't read it. No need to be mean to someone who spend hours doing this just because they like the series.

@TheMode @akthrowaiz

@renessia
so what do you suggest i do?

there is the novel that can be used as reference, there is a paint on every windows pc and there is a google translation app on my phone
they are tempting me to do smth so i do what i can.

the part of "It's incredibly disrespectful to the original author."
is the one that hit me the most.

Dex-chan lover
@xiaotiao

The GIMP and Inkscape will let you use any font installed on your system. The GIMP is the first one to learn, but Inkscape will open-up really cool possibilities for you.

Group Leader
Translation wasn't on point, but it's far from terrible, glad you choose to do the missing chapter, some bubbles doesn't looks good ( talking about the text font/how it's placed ). But for someone doing it alone it's good enough in my book.
It's easy to complain after all, i personally translated chapter for myself and did edit them to be able to share them before ( on another series ) but i didn't want to face the people not happy about it.

@Scyllae
thats pretty much what i aim, i literally have no knowledge on japanese language and i dont want to make this just straight from google translate either.
i'll just have to make the words to at least make sense for the readers to understand without making them bleed their eyes out
which i'm sure i've probably fail at it already..

i really hope a legit group or someone else with editing/japanese knowledge will pick up this manga tho..
i cant keep up with my genshin impact if i keep doing this *niwniuanidufniuwnadfa*

Dex-chan lover
@solutoh Sorry if it came off that way, but if they're going to keep releasing chapters like this I just want them to create a group so I don't have to see their releases. Some people can appreciate it, and some can't.

@CG you're free to go away
@renessia wow asshole did you know it's illegal to take someone else's manga and distribute translated versions of it?
so why are you here on mangadex if you don't support disrespecting authors? go learn to read kanji then!
who cares if this person use ms paint and google translate?
i think it's a HUGE WASTE of time for translation groups to redraw pages when they could just paste the text in.
do you know how much faster they would release chapters??
if it matters to you for it to look nice, you can buy the english version when released!

@xiaotiao thank you for doing this and don't let assholes like this person make you feel bad when you did *something* and they did *nothing*

Group Leader
@xiaotiao

So, I do appreciate your wanting to contribute and bring more translated works to the world. But --

- The original group translating this manga released their last chapter just over a month ago and is actively working on the next one. Making your efforts a blatant and egregious snipe, which is -- while not against the rules -- incredibly rude.
- Google Translate is not a satisfactory replacement for a proper translator. It is notorious for inaccurate and stilted translations. As such:
- The grammar is, I'm sorry to say, atrocious. The kindest thing I could say about it is "I could kinda guess what it's supposed to say".
- The typesetting is... a lot. I understand that you used Paint, and I'm very sorry about that. However! there are plenty of guides on this very site that teach the basics of typesetting, including what software to use and how to do things.
- You initially released a chapter far out of sequence, which ???

When all these things come together, it makes for a very shoddy translation that leaves the reader guessing more often than not. All nuance and tone from the original work is lost. This is what I mean when I say it's disrespectful to the original author; when you translate, you're taking on the responsibility of representing the author and their work to an entirely new audience, and the choices you make can be incredibly influential regarding how the work is perceived. This perception can, in some cases, make the difference between a manga being officially brought over to the West or not. And I'm tired of seeing wonderful manga killed or made forgotten by sloppy translations.

You're asking what you can do, which is wonderful! I suggest you:
- Look through some guides to learn how to do the basics of typesetting. (https://mangadex.org/title/43627/anonblack-s-typesetting-guide)
- Look around and apply to some scanlation groups. You obviously have passion, and that's a good thing! Work with others and cultivate that passion into something wonderful.
- Keep loving yuri, and keep wanting to do the best for yuri.

Users who are viewing this thread