This Time I Will Definitely Be Happy! - Vol. 4 Ch. 25

Huh, it started out great because I thought it would be something unique but it became another cliche down the line. Oh well...

Dex-chan lover
Poor Marcus. The goddess is still the worst.

I'm...not sure what the Heroe's secret ace up their sleeve changes, besides giving the group a fighting chance.

Dex-chan lover
Am I the only one who's glad that Jun/Louisa is purifying Marcus' soul? I mean, he's been miserable for a thousand years, is punishing the people responsible any longer going to make him happy? The series is called "This Time I Will Definitely be Happy", not "I Will Definitely Destroy the World and Punish the Goddess". If torturing the souls of the asshole king and the evil mob hasn't brought him happiness, why would destroying the world finally make him happy? The goddess was useless, Marcus' fury is justified, but the early chapters showed there's nice people in the world, and they'll die too. Plus, Louisa will never get a chance to get a happy ending if Marcus insists on using her as a substitute for Jun. The purification is all she can do to help Marcus and the Demon King.

Dex-chan lover
Sigh... and the story was so promising... now we still have that incompetent Goddess. Sigh.

Supporter
You know... remembering back to earlier chapters,
I remember the original Demon Lord being just a regular human mage living happily with his family, until the shitty king of that era falsely accused him of a crime, because the king wanted the mage's wife. Then when the mage broke out of prison, he found his wife to be irresponsive and dead, because the king got fed up with her mental illness. That mage, filled with unending rage, released his wrath upon the empire, warping his soul and power to named the first Demon Lord.

If we trace back everything that happened in the story, the main culprit that started this whole shit is the freakin' king that ruled during the first Demon Lord's time and the goddess that answered that shitty king's call for a hero to clean up the mess he started.

I just want Marcus and Jun to have a nice closure... I don't really care too much about the other characters, but I guess they should also have some closure for themselves.

This turned out to be an overly complicated plot that in the end made for a really disappointing story. Even the main characters were kind of unlikable in some way.

Dex-chan lover
I thought there was going to be something more t come out of this, like a twist with the goddess and Marcus but nope all that build up for nothing new

Dex-chan lover
@DerpySausage Tbh, I kind of agree with you, but at the same time I would just like this story to be over so i'm fine if they're starting the ending sequence now.

Double-page supporter
Thanks so much for the chapter! A noble deed from user straydog12 is deeply appreciated *salutes*

So we nearing the end now?

Dex-chan lover
Here's hoping I am wrong about betrayal after demon lord is truly vanquished.

Double-page supporter
I knew this story was shit tier when she didn't slap the Goddess in the face.
Really amazing how japanese authors have this power to turn really interesting plots into shit tier stories, almost makes me admire the effort necessary to write this garbage.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the hard work Scanlation-sama. It's just this manga doesn't deserves you.

Dex-chan lover
@Gandalfr I totally forgot about that part. Essentially, just about everybody in the upper ruling class of this society failed their duties to do right by their people.
The senior priest take a long time to punish that guardian of the priestess. The current king failed to curb the nobles behaviors. And even him tried to persuade the hero to dump his beloved for political gain.

All in all, it looks like Goddess religion failed to resonate with the upper echelon of the society. Even some within her own church! And really
the tales of the first demon king didn't seems to make any impact on the ruling class people.
It felt like this religion wasn't any more effective than those in our world, despite the fact that she was there...

I don't know what to think about this anymore... I just want to see whether the ending will play it straight or have twist to it.

Users who are viewing this thread