This Villainess Wants a Divorce! - Vol. 2 Ch. 40

*Cesar turns around and shows abs*
Aren't I a man?

Boi. šŸ“ø

Canaria doing the shocked pikachu bc her choices are changing the story is an age old curse of these novel reincarnation shoujo novels that the FMC is very adamant of the original story line, it's frustrating, yes but there have truly been worse. Just think of instead what this story doesn't follow from the age old tropes i.e. OG novel heroine being a villainess all along (it's not uncommon but it's nice), I really like Gracie as I like Canaria and am quite excited with a plan they'll probably work together to turn the situation to them. Canaria just needs to see she doesn't need to work alone.

Anyway thank you for the update LLS! šŸ’œ

Group Leader
Everyone calling her retard/stupid is the idiot one. Did you actually know what sheā€™s thinking all this time? Do you really know how it feels to be in her place?
Sheā€™s so busy thinking of how to save her F*CKING life that yes, ended up making her dense but can you really blame her?? All she did up till now was sensible but all you guys whine was ā€œoh no this retarded MC Iā€™m facepalming oh no this girl is stupidā€ and no she canā€™t easily say ā€œthe emperor is going to kill meā€ because NO. The emperor DID NOT explicitly say it and if Canaria were to tell Caesar exactly that IMAGINE the chaos. People would think Canaria is framing the GODDAMN emperor and might potentially be accused of treason. So.. death??? Yea death āœØ
Because if Caesar took her word for it and confronted the emperor guess what heā€™ll say? ā€œOh I never said I would kill her?ā€ because thatā€™s the TRUTH he did not say that.
You guys are really simple-minded huh? Sorry it has to be said because for the last chapters all I see is people complaining about Canaria and I just about had it.

Congratulations, Canaria. It took you only a couple of years for you to realize the butterfly-effect.

It's getting scary how many things she's realizing these last 2 chapters and nothing for the first 38. Haaaah

Dex-chan lover
Dumb otome heroines are dumb. I simply can't believe these are people supposedly from a world that is way smarter.

Group Leader
Such a headdesk moment. Like... lady. seriously. Have you never heard of The Butterfly Effect? T_T;;;

Dex-chan lover
Yes Canaria. That is how cause and effect work. It doesn't matter whether you're a main character or supporting character, actions have a chain of cause and effects that will inevitably change the direction of the world.

Ah, I can't be mad. She finally crossed that finish line, and everything that happened came rushing back and made her look like a maiden interacting with Caesar.

...Oh hey. I just realized that this development with the Emperor recontextualizes the title. From "Survive as the 'Hero's Wife'" to "Survive as the Hero's Wife".

Dex-chan lover
@Psychronia To be fair, even if she was genre savvy, there are examples within this villainess reincarnation genre where the laws of fate enforce themselves, sometimes in really odd ways, regardless of the protagonist's efforts to the contrary. She obviously isn't savvy to this particular bag of tropes though and likely never believed she could actually get a peaceful divorce anyway all the way back at the beginning.

I do agree though that the HUGE WAY her revelation paid off here makes up for a LOT of the grief along the way.

...Oh hey. I just realized that this development with the Emperor recontextualizes the title. From "Survive as the 'Hero's Wife'" to "Survive as the Hero's Wife".
^honestly the biggest twist of the story, and on that matter, the fact that she hasn't told Cesar that the EMPEROR has taken a personal interest in moving the situation to a particular end really irks me.

@Chiiyuu I'm one of those folks complaining about not sharing at least her concerns about the emperor's interests in her position being vacated. I'm also pretty sure that Cesar knows NOTHING OF SUBTLETY when it comes to protecting Canaria, and would probably do something incredibly stupid if she did tell him ANY of her fears. (a part of me wants that to happen though...)

Dex-chan lover
Eyyyyy!!! throws confetti.

TBH in a romance story like this, it only taking till chapter 40 is pretty dang good.

Omg Canaria realizing at chapter 40 that she effects the world around her is honestly comical even though I donā€™t think itā€™s supposed to bešŸ˜‚

Users who are viewing this thread