Though I May Be a Villainess, I'll Show You I Can Obtain Happiness! - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - The Villainess Trifles with the Second Prince's First Love

Fed-Kun's army
@legendaryswordsman

You should really double check chap 1. So bad that it should be removed from the whole anthology, the prince is just so creepy and skeevy my god. Chap 5 aint great nor satisfying, it just exists. It is not a crime like chapter 1 is.

Well.... I just wanna see the thot ruined tbh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not a bad ch and not the worst of the 5 but the beginning story and the ending story are ironically the weakest of the bunch

I need vengeance! Retribution! Justice! I want that family ruined, that girl punished, that guy remorseful!
I need beauty for my sore eyes, water for my parched throat and lullabies for my aching ears!

Prob the least interesting of them all. Pretty cliche without any good cliche twist or something.

Dex-chan lover
@lazerus56 In all honesty, I agree. This chapter is quite bland but it's gold when compared to the atrocity that is chapter 1. "Oh this is actually just a test of your love lmao", what the fuck is that logic that you are applying to your loved one? If she fell for the accusations what you gonna do, marry the "heroine"? Dumbass logic aren't a new thing especially in otome and otome isekai writing but this is just an atrocity.

Anyways, here's my rank of the anthology's chapters, keep in mind that this is entirely my opinion.
1. Chapter 4 "Shall We Walk Hand in Hand Down the Flowery Path of Evil?" - This one's is just the best, goddamn. I really like the approach of the Prime Minister falling in love with the protagonist after the marriage rather than before the marriage, this kind of approach in romance writing is quite rare due to the usual thinking of "People should marry the person they love", rather than "People can love the person they marry after said marriage". Not to mention the revenge plot afterwards, it's fast and it makes sense, he's the goddamn prime minister of the country after all. Overall this chapter is just full of satisfaction for me.
2. Chapter 2 "The Tale of the Noble Girl who will go to a Monastery after her Engagement Annulment" - This one has a really nice Yuri-esque twist, not to mention that the character of the protagonist and her little sister is also really good. I really like how not only the protagonist has her own character and motivations, but the younger sister has them too, because of course there's always two sides of the story.
3. Chapter 3 "I Will Definitely Get My Engagement Annulled! ~I will become a Villainess!" - I feel like this is meant to be more of a comedy than compared to the other stories in this anthology? The writing is fine and the logic makes sense too, but the other two above just beats it in terms of enjoyment.
4. Chapter 5 "The Villainess Trifles with the Second Prince's First Love" - This is probably the most bland story out of the anthology, it's okay but there's nothing really remarkable for me other than the protagonist falling to her knees. I'd say that it's not bad though.
5. Chapter 1 "The Villainess Will Obtain True Love" - The worst one of the entire anthology, I already pretty much summed up why I hate this one above at the start, so I don't think I need to type it again.

the fourth one was epic. i really like that
it would be very good if it was a long story

The second (sisters) and the fourth one (minister x villainess) were the best imo. The first and the last were really bad though.

Group Leader
@Ejderha
It's true, if I were the editor, I would have ordered the book 2, 5, 3, 1, 4
2 & 4 are arguably the best, so have them to start and finish, put the less worst #5 in the 2nd position, and put the awful 1 right before the great finisher. 3 is perfectly fine in that mediocre middle spot.

egh.... this chapter doesnt leave any taste other than a screeching in my brain

"ALERT! SADISTIC YANDERE PRINCE DETECTED! ALERT!

Never trust a character with kitsune appearance

Users who are viewing this thread