Though I May Be a Villainess, I'll Show You I Can Obtain Happiness! - Vol. 2 Ch. 5 - The Villainess Exploded

Supporter
I don't buy it. The prince's reaction when first meeting her contradicts what he tells her later.

And even if his reaction could somehow be interpreted as embarassment this douche doesn't deserve happiness in the end. The authour underestimates the hatred six years of neglect can build.

LOOL I love that she was like, "Let's explode myself." I liked that twist. Wish she wasn't so forgiving to the prince. lol

Exploding ladies and attempted suicide - that set a very high bar for the next graduation party.

@Eclat123 - You have to remember some of these stories are isekais. So in the original timeline, they were villianesses that would do bad things to the heroine. But since a new soul is occupying the body that knows the storyline, they don't do the evil acts anymore.

Dex-chan lover
Her personality is all over the place in this story, it really feels like two different people at the beginning and the end.

The explosion was seriously a surprise... and is people blowing up a usual thing in this world? I don’t know about you guys, but if I went to a party and someone blow up, the party would be filled with noise and people fainting and all that freaking out things. These people react to it so calmly!?

Dex-chan lover
I thought this was going to be a twisted story about an overly kind "villainess" and a very masochistic prince who wanted to annul the marriage because he couldn't stand her nice nature, only for her to blow up at him and he fall in love with her anger and repressed sadism.
I was not prepared for a literal blow up.

Dex-chan lover
Omg, the heroine Julianne was so harsh when she told the truth XDDD And gosh, ignoring her for 6 whole years and watching her only from afar....no wonder she thought that she was absolutely hated by her fiance X'D But wow...he was ready to follow her to death immediately...that was shocking X'D

Something really irks me about the heroine. I think I dislike her character. She goes from depressed to being the achiever, which I would consider as something admirable. The exploding part was unexpected, but it was kind of unsatisfactory. And faking suicide is not necessarily the smoothest way to get out of a situation like that.

A "tad overkill"... a tad... she needs to search that word in a dictionary becausa I don't think a "tad" is the right word 😂

Dex-chan lover
Lol she blew up then the prince was going to commit suicide and everyone around them was like, what a minor inconvenience

Dex-chan lover
And this is why in any relationship communication is important...

But even so, faking your own death by exploding in the middle of a party seems like kind of an extreme reaction.

Double-page supporter
Kills herself off in an explosion xD. Girl why did you think that would not be an overkill.
Also that one panel of the sharp tongue heroine was pretty funny, wouldn't have mind seeing more of her too

I actually found this story very satisfying, it's similar of what I fantasize for other stories. I often find these princes are let off to lenient for their horrible treatment of the protagonist. They deserve a little moment of desperation for the years of torment they caused. It's always like "You tormented me with scorn, contempt and unnecessary coldness, used me in schemes or played with my emotions causing mental scars and traumas, but you did that cause you actually liked me // you like me now? Oh well, I am so happy, everything forgiven and forgotten.~" There is never any atonement or guilty conscience. Sometimes they even think nothing of it, like it's their way to go to mold them or 'have them come out of their shell'/have them realize their 'love' for him. (That especially ired me with with the other stories 1.1 , 1.3 and 2.1)
Though the explosion death scene was a bit rash and over the top it actually feels like they're even now and can start over as equals.

Users who are viewing this thread