Though I May Be a Villainess, I'll Show You I Can Obtain Happiness! - Vol. 3 Ch. 4 - Shall We Continue Down the Flowery Path of Evil?

Thanks for the sequel!
Thanks to @zz2000 for the additional info!
What else? Mark IS hot though. Do I support the what if NTR though? Well, he isn't her type. But in the off chance it uhh (what's the evil way to say miraculous?) happens, I'll learn to accept it. I mean, this IS still fiction, I'd feel bad IRL NTR but this is literally a family of villains who do morally questionable things. The Prime Minister IS evil (plus with the additional info not mentioned/adapted here), MC just introduced MLM, and Mark is just lusting for his stepmother. Heck, he's not even gonna aim for his father's life, he's just going to let nature takes it course (if anything, this seems to be the LEAST evil thing there is, Mark COULD still find another woman. There's still time, if his father miraculously found a woman meant for him that met his criteria, then someone can clearly fall for Mark just the way he is, evil and all for more evil family shenanigans). If he's lucky, his dad will die earlier than expected (I mean, MC had him live a healthier lifestyle but is still obese), and again that's counting whether or not MC lets down her guard low enough to let her stepson take advantage of a grieving wife later on but eh. Either way, I'll take it.

Edit: Since the anthology now introduces the potential on sequels, the 2 oneshots that came to my mind were
1. Butler end in exile oneshot
2. Villainess ends with the hot tanned king one, that one was also cunning/devious
(Feels like there's more but those two were the first to come to mind)

Can I please get this as an entire Series? Like I just love Celestine. I love that her step son is supporting a major crush on her but I also love that her and her husband love each other dearly. It's a nice fictional story and pretty accurate for the time period. He could end up marrying her if his father passes away. Then again, I've been listening to audio books about England's monarchy (Just finished Queen Elizabeth)

Dex-chan lover
considwring this is victorian nobility, last panel is somewhat commonplace, i guess

With all the stories in this, I 100% DID NOT expect that last couple pages. I think it was good and all without the last pages, but noooo stepson is just lusting after his stepmom. Man, I'm sure there's other beautiful, noble women out there which is not your stepmom

WOW, just wow. I was wondering why the title is the same, thought it was a miss translation, did not expect a sequel, but I especially is blown away with this kind of plot sequel! So good! One of the rare dark-twisted stories I enjoy really much!

I’m glad we’re getting more of this anthology. It’s just...

That isn’t the continuation I would have wanted.
Ignoring the obvious questionable decisions regarding the ending (‘opportunistic’ step-son and the knowledge that our villainess is starting a pyramid scheme/MLM - a problematic business model that is illegal in a lot of countries), I really would’ve preferred if it was one of the other stories being continued. One of the ones that ended on a sort of cliffhanger, for example.

MANNNN HES LUSTING OVER HIS STEPMOM IF THIS AINT SOME TWISTED PLOT

well actually im wondering why didnt celestine go for the PM's son in the first place

Group Leader
@JennyNoelle
and the knowledge that our villainess is starting a pyramid scheme/MLM - a problematic business model that is illegal in a lot of countries)
No shit, she's a villainess, the story is literally about following a flowery but evil path through life. Why do you think a villainess doing something evil is a valid criticism of the story?

Was so confused in the beginning like "have I read this before?" And then I realized I have. But that stepson lusting after his stepmom who seems to be pregnant with his half-sibling makes this awkward. I hope the son finds someone else that's not his stepmom.

Dex-chan lover
well if he tries something against his dad, he will die before trying... also holy shit there's a lot of comments

Double-page supporter
I suppose this is one of the few stories in this anthology with an actual villainess, considering the whole pyramid scheme thing.

She truly is evil, although it's not a bad thing considering this is fiction and that's kinda the point, lol.

@MagnaDrake It isn’t set during the Victorian period. It’s set during that ambiguous ‘medieval’ time that many ‘medieval European’ manga/anime and games (mostly from Japan) are set in. In reality, no such period exists (and they are just combining various time periods). This is how the clothing, for example, can vary drastically within a single setting.

I’ve actually seen some really strange combinations that have resulted from this. Case in point, “Ah, yes. All the women are wearing surprisingly period accurate outfits (kirtles, surcotes, Burgundian gowns, wimples, veils, and hennins) for this story that is obviously set during the Middle Ages... and all the men look like they stepped out of a Jane Austen novel. Exactly as was intended. Doesn’t break the immersion at all.”

Users who are viewing this thread