Tokidoki Bosotto Roshia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san - Ch. 42 - This Only Tasted Like Ice Cream, Yes? I’m Being Honest (3)

Dex-chan lover
Having a system where someone can quit but not join is a bit of an unstable situation that relies heavily on people not actually quitting.

Well, there's not nothing between them, but not what she means for you to believe.

Ayano's cute. I like her hair.

Always so shocked to see a familiar face.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, first of all, thanks for your work! I really, really appreciate it! That said...
-I may be a bit off base, but isn't Alya's Russian text the entire premise and reason for this series to even exist? If you don't translate that, the manga loses its entire hook!

Ps: I don't give a shit about Yuki, the student council and that whole deal, and neither should anyone

Dex-chan lover
TLrs mentioned they did not translate russian text (of course it is just left like it was in the original) and that's probably for the best. I read somewhere what author of LN is of russian descent but I have a strong feeling they either do not learn russian, or it is a second language for them. Anyway, russian text "Что во мне такого?.." would be quite hard to translate as is a lot of a translation into english would be based on context, but short story it would be either "What is it about me?.." in context of good and or interesting qualities that potential partner [Masachika] might see in her.

Oh, and line in russian is a lot vague by itself, for english speakers or well anyone from germanic family of languages it'll be a bit hard to translate right without adding/misinterpreting something

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Okay, first of all, thanks for your work! I really, really appreciate it! That said...
-I may be a bit off base, but isn't Alya's Russian text the entire premise and reason for this series to even exist? If you don't translate that, the manga loses its entire hook!

Ps: I don't give a shit about Yuki, the student council and that whole deal, and neither should anyone
Russian text and its JP->EN counterpart hold same meaning, so there is no need to translate it most of the time.
Especially considering that sometimes the way russian sentences are structured here give it a "engrish"-similar vibe(from my pov as russian), which if then attempted to translate, can lead to fuckup in meaning, which can give basically two different translations and unnecessary confusuon.
So yeah, no need.

Dex-chan lover
Alya's fantasy

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread