Tokimori-san ga Muboubi desu!! - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - Want to start over? Tokimori-san

Dex-chan lover
Do they really have to make the protags so harmless looking, I get you have to draw the guy a lot, but damn I can't help but laugh with that goofy ass face.
Like with characters whose eyes are closed. Once you see them serious (eyes open), you know shit is about to hit the fan.

Dex-chan lover
And here we have the "Random Antagonist" who against any common sense physically attacks the Romantic Interest, so the Hero can jump in and save her. This trope is so overdone you could spend a week reading every TV Tropes entry on it.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RescueRomance

But seriously, this trope sucks. Why have characters turn to violence like that, why hurt characters just so the "Hero" can jump in and save the day? The story didn't need this, it's done to death and is just a simple way to speed up the "falling in love" process after a slight falling out. I've probably read this exact scene at least 100 times, you can have people act like people, talk things out, does every single Ex boyfriend have to be abusive? From aggressive guys flirting on the beach to random thugs trying to assault people, it's just a set piece to raise the imaginary "Affection meter".

Last edited:
it’s TIME
7f6.gif

Dex-chan lover
And here we have the "Random Antagonist" who against any common sense physically attacks the Romantic Interest, so the Hero can jump in and save her. This trope is so overdone you could spend a week reading very TV Tropes entry on it.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RescueRomance

But seriously, this trope sucks. Why have characters turn to violence like that, why hurt characters just so the "Hero" can jump in and save the day? The story didn't need this, it's done to death and is just a simple way to speed up the "falling in love" process after a slight falling out. I've probably read this exact scene at least 100 times, you can have people act like people, talk things out, does every single Ex boyfriend have to be abusive? From aggressive guys flirting on the beach to random thugs trying to assault people, it's just a set piece to raise the imaginary "Affection meter".
Agreed, I'll say though despite the trope, it's positively refreshing to see "housework is a woman's job" as a villainous line in a seinen manga, because that's how usually women are depicted after settling down with the MC. That's the usual "happy ending" I hope we won't see in this manga, if anything, for variety sake.

Dex-chan lover
Also some darker underlying context as to why Tokimori has a trashed up apartment (and it's not just because she's lazy). Also explains her obsession with keeping up appearances at work.
Not really? From what was said and shown they were only together for a couple weeks and in the flashback she was already wearing her OL uniform, so probably is not something she devoloped by being together with him and was something already stablished on her personality at that point.

Dex-chan lover
Agreed, I'll say though despite the trope, it's positively refreshing to see "housework is a woman's job" as a villainous line in a seinen manga, because that's how usually women are depicted after settling down with the MC. That's the usual "happy ending" I hope we won't see in this manga, if anything, for variety sake.
That just seemed like a quick way to be like "This guy is evil, he would be terrible for the romantic interest" our hero is so much better by contrast. This used to be a huge thing back in 90's Romantic Comedies if you remember. The Romantic interest would always have the worst, most evil, most misogynistic Boyfriend/Lover/Husband and the Hero would be slightly better and come save them.

Group Leader
I know there are many POS abusers out there, but I couldn't help but laugh at how fast this exchange derailed. It's so badly done, but I can let it slide.

XPAZct6.png

Dex-chan lover
That just seemed like a quick way to be like "This guy is evil, he would be terrible for the romantic interest" our hero is so much better by contrast. This used to be a huge thing back in 90's Romantic Comedies if you remember. The Romantic interest would always have the worst, most evil, most misogynistic Boyfriend/Lover/Husband and the Hero would be slightly better and come save them.
Indeed, it's to add to the trope, and I know it's a low bar to meet, but the fact that it was there was still unexpected in a positive way. The author could have used something else if he wanted to, but specifically choosing that line was refreshing, despite being in the context of that overused trope.

Dex-chan lover
"in the end we stayed at hotel"
One panel in, and Im sorry but just reading that line makes me want to slap Sugawas face really bad right now.

But that last panel, he turns really cool now. Rip and Tear Sugawa
images

Anyhow. Thanks for the chapter

Last edited:
Group Leader
This shot of MC looks very similar to another character but I can't recall it. Anybody have any ideas?

LbQSZK8.png

Group Leader
The ex was so comically evil but people like this do exist to some extent...

Also some darker underlying context as to why Tokimori has a trashed up apartment (and it's not just because she's lazy). Also explains her obsession with keeping up appearances at work.
Didn't it say that she always kept up appearances at work?

Users who are viewing this thread