Tonari no Seki no Satou-san - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - Satou-san's Confession

Dex-chan lover
It was the right time. Shortly before he ended up confessing, he was thinking "Now I'm not under time pressure any more, I can wait for the right moment" and I was thinking "this is the right moment--if not now, when?" so I was surprised and pleased when he realized what was needed and went for it.

Yeah, in theory, catching someone just when she got dumped, rebound, not good, whatever. But! First, she just made clear that she wasn't in love with the online pseudo-crush. So it wasn't a real rebound . . . She said she chose to "love" him because she felt she wasn't good enough to be in love with a real live person! So she was crushed just then . . . but it wasn't the "crushed" of someone disappointed in love, it was the "crushed" of someone feeling they had to discard what little was left of their self-esteem. She was, right in front of him, deciding that not only was she not good enough for love with real people she'd met in person, she wasn't even good enough for love with random internet strangers.
He needed to tell her that wasn't so. In concrete, convincing terms, not just "Oh, you're a nice person, someone will surely blah blah blah not persuasive at all". There is nothing that says "You are worthy of being loved" like "I love you". He absolutely did the right thing--for her, at any rate, which is the important part.

Group Leader
Just discovered this manga, and oh wowww..... Such a simple love story, composed into poetry.

x16.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I know I'm happy for Satou, but I'm still getting Waiting for Gadot vibes. What if he's dead or if the pen pal got into an accident? What if he didn't want to reject her but some kind of tragedy happened to him? I know it's natural to assume motives, but the characters don't even discuss it as a possibility, which makes me a bit uneasy...

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane Dude, same thing happened the last time. She waited for him and he could have called/messages her at any time and didn't. Nothing bad happened to him back then. Fuck him.

Dex-chan lover
Not sure if this was the most romantic way, but truly it was the perfect moment to confess. Oh man, I only wish for happiness on them.

Group Leader
@Tamerlane
...I know it's natural to assume motives, but the characters don't even discuss it as a possibility, which makes me a bit uneasy...

Well, the male lead certainly won't suggest anything like that because he selfishly doesn't want Satou to even think about the guy. I would be surprised if the guy does not contact Satou again.

Dex-chan lover
So, how many times have you guy's re-read the absolutely adorable and wholesome confession? I'm on my 4th time.

Users who are viewing this thread