Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi

I really like the manhwa; funny, lighthearted, male isekai character that isn’t overpowered and is instead a weak chef. Instead he has overpowered familiars lol. The fighting is still fun and the mc isn’t arrogantly humble bragging constantly like all the other male isekai. 8.5/10

Only criticism I have would be the fact that the other needs to up their cooking knowledge, all the recipes are fried meat and burgers lately it’s kinda boring. I get that the fenrir needs meat but there’s so much he could do: hotpot, bbq, shish kebabs, meat pies, meatballs, curry, meat stew. Even japanese sukiyaki and nikujaga could work. There’s only so much fried food a person can eat before they get sick of it.

@cyphexada I enjoy it because it's so simple. The protagonist is not the typical emo 16-year old warrior. Dude's a simple office worker, dropped into a generic fantasy world where he immediately bows out of the standard archetype (warrior/mage/archer) and instead chose to make his way in this world with a magical delivery service and his own cooking skill. The joke is that his companions are disgustingly powerful - he gets a mythical giant wolf and, later on, a slime that can do all kinds of overpowered nonsense. Not to mention the gods taking an interest.

The only downside is that this story isn't finished yet and I have to wait what feels like millenia between each chapter.

@konzolmester
well, i've read legend, and honestly that manga is very different compared to this manga
this manga doesn't really need plot or progress imo, and legend is more like general isekai trope
this manga isn't overrated imo for a slice of life, it's kinda refreshing actually
comparing legend to this manga just because of pet aspect is like comparing hxh to yotsuba&! just because of kid protagonist aspect

okay maybe i'm a little bit extreme with the comparison

I love this so much, its so soft and just u w u a spoiler but not really is
When he says he just wanta to cook for them as its the least he could do makes me super happy and soft 🥺🥺🥺

hopefully another group snipes this manga before everyone loses interest in it

@pato - Normally I’m not a fan of sniping, but in this case I agree. Although I appreciate all the work translation groups voluntarily do for the community, LH seems to have too much on their plate. Some titles they work on have months long delays between updates. Better to focus on a few manga and have regular updates, rather than trying to claim a whole bunch of manga and spreading resources too thin.

Fed-Kun's army
i think we need another group to start translating this. because looking at the upload time...yeah. i appreciate the groups who do good translations of manga so we who can't read other languages can find good stories. but...if if this keeps up its never going to be translated.

Users who are viewing this thread