Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi

Feru and Sui are so cute.

This is so wholesome that it lights up my boring life.

Dex-chan lover
@cyphexada a japanese manga with mostly japanese food, it's almost like this manga was made with japan as it's intended audience

Fed-Kun's army
Hoping for chpt 23...
it's been two months; i've been craving more sui action
I know there's already a sui spinoff

@cyphexada
first I kinda get your point from your complain, until you bring Shokugeki no Souma. try harder next time.
and @AMicrowave argument is really on point, this manga's intended legal audience are japanese who buy then read this manga, not you or any MangaDex users/readers.

@cyphexada
oh I'm sorry, I stopped reading your whining the time you mentioned Souma. I'll read them again.
I thought the two of you talking about general rating
I rate it high, and probably the others as well, because type of escapism genre this manga had was really hits too close to home, not like average template isekai/cooking. It's just an average almost middle aged man trapped in isekai with some luck here and there. The MC doesn't have characters like any other shounen MC, who's either brazenly charging at some monster or highly intellectual, it's just a simple salaryman. He whines too much? Nah, it's just normal for a person around that age to worry about anything. No "interesting" cooking show? It's just that shounen cooking show is highly dramatized, just like watching Tsubasa and expect professional football player able to do special moves like that. Only japanese dishes? Because that's what Mukoda ate/cooked everyday in his previous life. There's a pasta though.
For comedy, I too didn't find this manga is particularly funny, the comedy is just a retort to situation, because in my experience this type of manga doesn't really focus on comedy, just the slice of their life. And the depictions of the gods (mainly because of comedy aspect) is at most a mockery, since japanese tends to think "gods" is just a divine being, or higher creature, not like the concept which some other culture that think god is almighty.
For cuteness though, it's all being dumped on this manga's spinoff, mainly told from the perspective of the slime.
If you still wonder how this manga get high rating, I feel the same sentiment at how One Piece get such high rating despite such a cliche story in my opinion.

TL;DR this chill manga, it's just not to your taste, better go read Jump's series

in the raw website it seems the author took a break between april - july, hence the 3 months with no update

Dex-chan lover
To win a goddess' favor, you must supply her with every.... desire.

Users who are viewing this thread