Touge Oni - Vol. 6 Ch. 23 - Çu - The Mantra

Dex-chan lover
I like this explanation, nothing new but when dealing with ideology/philosophy like that it is better to explain what exists in an easy manner than boggle down with complex "new" things.

You were right, mantra works really well for the purpose of the explanation, the ideographic nature of the Japanese language really makes it a challenge translating meanings.

Miyo looks like a dum-dum but she is sharp and keeps the lessons she learns, and she has a curious charm too, which makes "people" interested in her.

I am curious if her mantra takes a specific "form".

Thanks for another amazing chapter.

Dex-chan lover
I think therefore I am. It's all up to Miyou now to bind her mantra to reality.

Dex-chan lover
  • Zen stuck in the moon and kinda become hitokotonushi talking friend.
  • Miyo stuck with the Sennin, in mortal danger but managed to learn from him (I bet the Sennin know who she is? but let her be because she want to learn).
  • Meanwhile their master, stuck with mortal problem, to help someone become an emperor.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, now I get why mantra is the best way to represent this concept.

Fed-Kun's army
Really interesting concept for Mantra and the idea of how the Kamis of the world slowly got pushed out over time through it.

And Zen's first thought after collecting himself was how Miyo was doing, which was super cute. Also loved his reaction to Koto asking if he and Miyo were lovers and his reaction to Koto suggesting a wish to make Miyo fall for him. Inject that Zen x Miyo content straight into my veins.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating. This is such a phenomenal manga, hopefully the mangaka manages keeps up this level of quality

Dex-chan lover
Crazy how much I've started to like the Sennin as character, just from his interactions with Miyo. There's always a scary undercurrent to him and his actions, and he's very dangerous, but at the same time he's a genuinely good teacher. Really interested to see how things develop.

Dex-chan lover
I like these sort of pseudo-antagonists who aren't really trying to go against the protagonist group, but are an insurmountable obstacle regardless.

Dex-chan lover
HMaWAHu.png

Dex-chan lover
I like this explanation, nothing new but when dealing with ideology/philosophy like that it is better to explain what exists in an easy manner than boggle down with complex "new" things.

You were right, mantra works really well for the purpose of the explanation, the ideographic nature of the Japanese language really makes it a challenge translating meanings.

Miyo looks like a dum-dum but she is sharp and keeps the lessons she learns, and she has a curious charm too, which makes "people" interested in her.

I am curious if her mantra takes a specific "form".

Thanks for another amazing chapter.
Reading this chapter has me thinking on the novel Snow Crash. Quite a fun trip, so I could recommend it to everyone.

Specifically, that novel goes into ideas of what language and its meanings are. I mean, sure, it starts with a guy that delivers pizzas in an over powered car, and wields a samurai sword for protection, but mantras sound like a extension of the concept of a meta-virus.

I love the design of Ozuno's master a lot. He has that face of someone who abandoned his humanity, that insanity in his eyes.

Reactions: Ekn
Dex-chan lover
Dragonbitch:
lose mouth, eye, has her body rotten into skeleton just trying to tell that kami got cursed by human (among other things)
Crow-sensei:
nonchalantly confirm that kami is made from human mantra and people dont want god anymore
Yeah, their mouth really isn't shut, huh.

And I really like the painting of sacred treasure in last page kinda resembles the dark sphere thing covering earth back when hitokotonushi told zen that the god is cursed last chapter.
If its really the same thing, then it really deserves max danger and max subtlety rating.

Double-page supporter
really interesting chapter, thank y'all for y'all's work on this!!

Users who are viewing this thread