Touge Oni - Vol. 6 Ch. 25 - Third Eye

Dex-chan lover
Big props to everyone who suspected that sennin man was a time traveler. You might not have suspected him for the right reasons (he wasn't En no Ozuno), but he was a time traveler.
This mix of fantasy and Sci-fi is really unique.
I totally agree. I feel like some of the most interesting fiction knows how to blend magic and our knowledge of the natural world together. If you ask me, you should never use bad science where magic would suffice, and in a setting with magic you should first try to solve a problem with science. Doing that makes the impossible feel more believable, and any magical setting feel more grounded.

Dex-chan lover
WAIT, this means that Oni are just humans who lost their Mantra. By giving in to hunger and not thinking about what or who they eat, they become mindless beasts. The Mantra they hold is either lost, or repurposed to eating, which is what gives them their strength.

This is just Digital Devil Saga with extra steps!

Dex-chan lover
Talk about hypocrisy.

He is the product of human thought and potential, but because this same human potential displeases him when it goes against his desire, he feels nothing for those that he thinks lesser but "nurtures" those that he sees potential within... but it is clear that this "nurture" isn't because betterment.

I do feel bad for the Kami, I think their presence makes the world a little richer, but if the long way solution is literally between letting them die and depriving an entire species of their potential and free will, well... sad as it is, let them pass away.

What the chances are that the sennin is Ozuno of the future, or at least a possible future, somehow... I hope not, it seems like such a low-hanging fruit twist, it takes away from the expanse and diversity of the story.

Let him be someone else, not like there couldn't be multiple men that have fallen in love with Koto-sama... she is beautiful.

The fantasy and sci-fi aesthetics are so well blended.

Sarara has spunk.

WAIT, this means that Oni are just humans who lost their Mantra. By giving in to hunger and not thinking about what or who they eat, they become mindless beasts. The Mantra they hold is either lost, or repurposed to eating, which is what gives them their strength.

This is just Digital Devil Saga with extra steps!
There is a thread of truth in what you said, can't quite word it the right way, but I wouldn't say they "lost" their mantra.

Trying to word it... if the horns are a "punishment" because of their debasing themselves, and letting go of their Higher Thought, but I don't think their mantra is completely lost.

I mean... there is Zen and an entire village of Oni that are all very civilized and clearly do their best to not fall back into savagery.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Talk about hypocrisy.

He is the product of human thought and potential, but because this same human potential displeases him when it goes against his desire, he feels nothing for those that he thinks lesser but "nurtures" those that he sees potential within... but it is clear that this "nurture" isn't because betterment.

I do feel bad for the Kami, I think their presence makes the world a little richer, but if the long way solution is literally between letting them die and depriving an entire species of their potential and free will, well... sad as it is, let them pass away.

What the chances are that the sennin is Ozuno of the future, or at least a possible future, somehow... I hope not, it seems like such a low-hanging fruit twist, it takes away from the expanse and diversity of the story.

Let him be someone else, not like there couldn't be multiple men that have fallen in love with Koto-sama... she is beautiful.

The fantasy and sci-fi aesthetics are so well blended.

Sarara has spunk.

There is a thread of truth in what you said, can't quite word it the right way, but I wouldn't say they "lost" their mantra.

Trying to word it... if the horns are a "punishment" because of their debasing themselves, and letting go of their Higher Thought, but I don't think their mantra is completely lost.

I mean... there is Zen and an entire village of Oni that are all very civilized and clearly do their best to not fall back into savagery.
This is also hypocrisy, because the Kami are also an entire species, with actually a much, much bigger potential than humans. In the end, people here are given a choice: Do we wipe thought to save Kamis? Or do we wipe Kamis? Of course, that's assuming there is no third option, which I think is what the end of the series will try to show us

Dex-chan lover
Hes not a simp is he?
Why he prefer to restore Kami while Kami doesnt bother leaving human world?

Dex-chan lover
Returning humanity to monkeys for the sake of his waifu. That's one hell of a goal. I wonder if that includes the sennin. I doubt it.

Is that Ozuno at the end, there?

Dex-chan lover

But they're also notably different from the Oni who embrace the savagery. Both in physical form and prominence of the horn. Yeah I'm leaning on the horn being some sort of measure of how their mantra have been "re-aligned"

reu

Dex-chan lover
Talk about hypocrisy.
Are you a hypocrite if you save a starving puppy but pour thermite down a termite nest?
No, you simply empathize with the dog and lack the capacity to feel empathy for termites
Same with Sansei, he lacks the capacity to empathize with most humies. That or he sees a world without sentient humans to be a lesser evil than a world without kami

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Oh, so THAT's what his presentation is.
That means we're going to be out-keikaku'd soon, because he's been preparing for this presentation the whole time he's with Miyo.

What's putting a few miscellaneous worms here and there in the middle of a mountain gonna do to deprive human of thinking? Dunno, but we shall see soon(tm).
I hope it's not some highly infectious invasive species that's gonna wipe out local wildlife, resulting in a country wide starvation, which will increase the number of oni. That's gonna be fucking wild.

Dex-chan lover
Sarara throwing that pot from the roof (while wearing a dress) is the highlight of this chapter, what a tomboy XD

So the three gonna meet again, not to mention we already see a glimpse of the three when they are older.

Users who are viewing this thread