TS Eiseihei-san no Senjou Nikki - Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
Among all things in this chapter the most illogical part is rape victim count as abetting a rape??
Is this like mistranslation or what?
That's fucked up, so if she let it happened and someone else caught into it, they both would be executed?

Dex-chan lover
Among all things in this chapter the most illogical part is rape victim count as abetting a rape??
That's fucked up, so if she let it happened and someone else caught into it, they both would be executed?
Yupp. Old Laws where VERY stupid sometimes, there are whole studies done on how crazy things went in WW1 and 2. Some still are. I assume the intend is to make sure to make this happening as difficult as possible as the Womans head would also be on the chopping block so they would fight it with nail and teeth. A stupid way to do it really but this is a world that enforces discipline by "If you disagree with your commander you can be executed" so it pretty much fits right in.

For the later part ironically I'm with the Commander this time. This guy assaulted his comrade and no sane soldier would trust his back to him anymore. The guy that stopped him is incredible naive, I doubt it will survive the first round of combat though.

Dex-chan lover
Well, at least for 1 page I had hope that a rapist in an Asian media would actually face serious repercussions for their act. Should have known it wouldn't turn out to be true.

I'm sure this totally won't come back to bite them.

Dex-chan lover
Well, at least for 1 page I had hope that a rapist in an Asian media would actually face serious repercussions for their act. Should have known it wouldn't turn out to be true.

Narrator: "It will come back to bite them"

Dex-chan lover
dam that's wild, forgive him he says. i wonder if this foreshadowing a repeat in the future

Dex-chan lover
I can tell those two will cause trouble, one because well, we saw why, and the other because of the sly fox eye style archetype...

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, it raises the stakes sharply now because Touri now has to keep her distance from someone that assaulted her, Weldie will seemingly cover up for the guy and try to act like nothing happened, and political interests are now intent on keeping the kid alive least the unit gets hell put down upon them. Without Weldie dying in a way that can be truly construed as "war casualty", who knows what this Ravana can cause? So now the drama is effectively internalized in the unit beyond just "innocent characters die or get traumatized".

Also thinking about the commander's comment early in the chapter, it actually makes kind of a messed up contrast: here's a guy openly saying something lewd towards her but she knows he doesn't give one damn of an intent about it because she knows how he operates, and then here's her "comrade" keeping his thoughts to himself she can't understand that ends up crazy enough to attempt to attack her and then blame her for rejecting him. Sergeant's comment is misogynistic but it ironically ends up proving him the less fucked up one in this regard for now.

Dex-chan lover
I hope the rest of the squad will stay close to her when she sleep now, just to be safe.
Thanks for the chapter.

It's quite common for them to die horrible death in manga and LN.

Dex-chan lover
It's quite common for them to die horrible death in manga and LN.
It depends on the PoV most of the time. If the PoV is a female character, then they get off scot free most of the time, sometimes even joining the main group after being forgiven. If the PoV is a male lead, and the female "belonged" to them, then yes, the perpetrator will get heavily punished, but only because they dared to touch the belonging of the male lead.

Dex-chan lover
One point more point...
Weldie's excuse to defend the rapist is that the sergeant's reputation is on the balance.
In particular, part of his bad rep is that he doesn't care about his subordinates.
So he tells the sergeant not to protect his female subordinate.
Go figure.

Male logic at play: rape is no big deal anyway.
The woman (or rather girl here) can just forgive and everything's fine.
Even if her life is literally on the line if she fails to resist, because dumb males in power always want an excuse to blame the victim.

Group Leader
That's my best guess at what the MC meant. The original line is 自分まで姦通罪で処刑... where 姦通罪 means crime of adultery, but I don't understand how it fits in this context.

Dex-chan lover
sounds like we'll know who will be on the list of bunker guards...

I'm very positive that bunker will be the safest place on the battlefield since it is placed on a high altitude with free view for easy defensive shooting, there'll be no way enemies will call an artillery strike on that place ;)
In short for Tanya the Evil fans...

...Pillbox.

Dex-chan lover
First, in some cultures today, being raped is either a crime or a wrongdoing (loss of honor) punishable by death. However, that's probably not the case here.

Here the case seems to be:
  • Raping a woman is a crime (punishable by instant execution).
  • Assisting in rape is also a crime.
  • Touri failing to sufficiently resist would be assisting in the crime.
  • Likewise, lying about it afterwards would be covering up the rape -- also a crime.
Not all cultures (especially historically) bend over backwards for the victims.

Also consider the logic: Failing to expose the crime (by being quiet or lying about it afterwards) makes it more likely the the criminal will repeat the act. And more likely that people will perform the act, since it would be more likely that they would get away with it.

The commander backed down real easy here compared to the previous chapters. Where's the "if you want to stop me, come and try" attitude?
This Corporal has some very very strong connections. Very high up. If it was just some random corporal he wouldn't be able to say shit. That's all I'll say since more is spoilers.

The raper is definitely gonna die though. If your entire squad doesn't trust you then yeah...

Users who are viewing this thread