Tsuki 50-man Moratte mo Ikigai no nai Tonari no Onee-san ni 30-man de Yatowarete "Okaeri" tte Iu Oshigoto ga Tanoshii - Vol. 6 Ch. 27 - Home with Sao…

Dex-chan lover
Sigh... Why did it have to go down this trope?
I know this is Japan and all, but still, I hate seeing this kind of pressure from and/or deceiving the family.
The grandmothers from Rent-a-GF were so repulsive, it made me drop that series right away.

Dex-chan lover
Not enough for her?
image.png

Dex-chan lover
I'm with her. It's not that much snow. Sure, some delays would be expected, but that much? Then again, I live where that happens most winters. This winter's been colder than usual as well.

And shutting down a highway after just a little bit of snow? That would barely even get the snowplows out.

"When it piles up it gets like this."
But that's not piling up. It's just a surface layer.

And this rude-ass assumptions that this harmless guy is a predator. Why do Japanese female characters treat men as rapists so frequently? And relatives at that who should know better?

This is where she says, "No, I don't want to pretend to be your girlfriend. I want to be a real one." But that'll never happen.

Perfect introduction. Nothing wrong with it at all.

I know this is Japan and all, but still, I hate seeing this kind of pressure from and/or deceiving the family.
Yeah, it's on the annoying side. But at least it has the function of pushing them together rather than providing a roadblock.

The grandmothers from Rent-a-GF were so repulsive, it made me drop that series right away.
Don't think I've seen that reason for dropping it. Seen others, though. Many others. Many, many others.

Dex-chan lover
She's basically a Moominmamma before she became Moominmamma so for now she's Moominpappas Moomingirlfriend

Dex-chan lover
This is Asia, the continent where you were expected to get married at early twenties. I guess, everyone living in Asian country could relate to this. 👀

Dex-chan lover
It's actually not all that uncommon to see such things in real life, most cultures have parents and grandparents that get overly concerned when you aren't married or at least dating at a certain age. Even though I'm in the Ace spectrum, I do get the mentality behind it since living alone for extended periods of time can actually lead to various health issues even for the most antisocial of introverts because all humans are social creatures at the very core of their being. It's also not unfair for them to long to see some descendants get produced. Faking it is just a way to ease worries and/or get those members of the family off your back. I do understand and agree with your point that extreme pressure and deception is no good (regardless of the reason,) both tend to just make things difficult for all parties involved, but it is a truth that the trope is based on a fairly common aspect of society in general.

Users who are viewing this thread