Tsuki 50 Man Moratte mo Ikigai no Nai Tonari no Onēsan ni 30 Man de Yatowa Rete `Okaeri. Kyō mo Ganbatta ne’ tte Iu Oshigoto ga Totemo Tanoshī - Vol.…

Dex-chan lover
cute-funny-amanita-mushroom-with-question-marks_92289-2436.jpg

Dex-chan lover
This is also why Japanese TV has a lot of text on the screen. So people can read while listening to understand what they're actually saying. Having too many words that sound similar does that to a language.

A girlfriend might react like that. But only when visiting the home he currently lives at.

She's cute the way she's trying, and especially how much she's enjoying acting like that.

I find breaking couples up to have them spend their time separately while out on a trip rather rude.

I think there are more people who want them to be a real couple. Like the actual couple.

You're right. But a confusing sentence is a confusing sentence in any language. Anybody should still be able to piece together context clues to understand a small meaning regardless of dialect. But that's my two cents
It depends on if the intent is to have her understand absolutely nothing, or understand parts of it.

Still, translating dialects and making them both reasonably believable and sufficiently incomprehensible is hell, so this works.

Dex-chan lover
Edit: I didnt get the joke and Im dumb. I wont keep reading it still, thank you translator.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
You're right. But a confusing sentence is a confusing sentence in any language. Anybody should still be able to piece together context clues to understand a small meaning regardless of dialect. But that's my two cents
The thing about some dialects is that they're practically their own language, a good example is Flemish, a variation of Dutch spoken in Flanders. Flemish is so heavily changed that knowing Dutch isn't enough to understand the locals there, but the same isn't true the other way around since those that know Flemish have a pretty easy time understanding basic Dutch. Even the Southern drawl and Midwestern dialects/accents in the US can sometimes present their own fair share of issues, especially to those that don't have English as a first language, and those are fairly tame dialects comparatively. Honestly, the whole point of the joke is that this particular dialect is so strong that it's incomprehensible to even native speakers of Japanese (as noted by the warning Mio was given in previous chapters,) so this works to drive the point home.

Dex-chan lover
Sorry, I'm dropping this. The translation has been kinda bad for a while but now there's even untranslated panels... the series might have something to do with it too. Thank you for your efforts.
The untranslated panels is where his family is using the heavy dialect that he warned Mio about, it's a joke about how intense the dialect is

Power Uploader
The thing about some dialects is that they're practically their own language, a good example is Flemish, a variation of Dutch spoken in Flanders. Flemish is so heavily changed that knowing Dutch isn't enough to understand the locals there, but the same isn't true the other way around since those that know Flemish have a pretty easy time understanding basic Dutch. Even the Southern drawl and Midwestern dialects/accents in the US can sometimes present their own fair share of issues, especially to those that don't have English as a first language, and those are fairly tame dialects comparatively. Honestly, the whole point of the joke is that this particular dialect is so strong that it's incomprehensible to even native speakers of Japanese (as noted by the warning Mio was given in previous chapters,) so this works to drive the point home.
I wrote in a comment before this one that I already understand the reason and even agreed in this comment that yes it works to drive the point home. However, my main issue is that it comes across as lazy. There are better ways this could have been shown (a Scottish accent perhaps:finnawoke:).

Also, it’s not strictly mentioned in the credits, but Dortex is a big fan of MTL. Knowing this, and the fact it’s untranslated, lends me to believe that he couldn’t get his Magic Translation device to work.

Users who are viewing this thread