Tsuki 50 Man Moratte mo Ikigai no Nai Tonari no Onēsan ni 30 Man de Yatowa Rete `Okaeri. Kyō mo Ganbatta ne’ tte Iu Oshigoto ga Totemo Tanoshī

Shit my mistake I by accident uploaded a picture here in the cover instead of sending it to my friend. Please help!!!

Edit: that’s not even the picture i wanted to send to him.

Dex-chan lover
Both didn't realize she just want a husband-o.
Manga is fine, a bit copied from the one with the onee-san that adopted a high school boy but still fine.
More than that is that is older than the MC, but calling her a big sis chara is pushing it.

Fed-Kun's army
@Cyro11

He called himself a guy in his 20's and he appears to be an entry level employee in a black company, so he's probably around 25. Not much younger because then, he'd either be in college or just graduated, but he's been abused long enough at work to become completely jaded. As for her, she said she hasn't heard that greeting in 10 years, so she moved out to live on her own for at least that long. If she moved out to go to college, then she's probably around 28-29. But if her independent living started after college, she could be as old as 34. So the age difference could be as few as 3 years and as much as 9.

edit: according to the web novel, Matsutomo is 24 and Mio is 28, so I wasn't far off.

Double-page supporter
her offer sounds like a conman's offer, why don't she hire a butler or something like that
since she said she doesnt have friends
?

Double-page supporter
> These manga titles are getting longer and longer

Because these lazy tards readers CBA to read synopsis at the book's back cover.

Group Leader
...How little does this author make to think that making 55k/year (after taxes and benefits) is an amount to be shocked over?

A quick poke at Google says the average income in Japan is around 50k (median a little lower) so even if that's net, the number isn't monstrously high...

Fed-Kun's army
@Harvester

Personal income tax rate in Japan is almost 50% so that person making 50K gross is bringing home around 25K. There's a huge difference in bringing home 25K and 55K. Trust me. I've been there. Also, the MC is a 24 year old entry level employee at a black company, famous for overworking and underpaying. He's making nowhere near the median. He's probably making 3 million yen (~27K USD) if even that. (https://blog.gaijinpot.com/what-is-the-average-salary-in-japan-in-2019/) For him to bring home ~3 million yen, his gross salary would need to double to 6 million yen. So his salary doubles while his workload shrinks to basically a few words a day. Makes more sense now on why he's so excited?

It was mentioned several times already here but, what we call the "six figure salary" as a measure of good pay in the US is "10 million yen a year" in Japan. As it happens, 10 million yen a year gross breaks down almost exactly to what she gets paid if you plug the number into a tax calculator. (https://japantaxcalculator.com/) 10 million yen after taxes and insurance is 6,572,280 yen, BTW, whereas 530,000 x 12 is 6,360,000. This number doesn't include bonus, which is a staple in Japanese business.

So no, the author didn't just pull these numbers out of thin air. They were planned exactly as they appear.

Contributor
Yeah, hit me with more of that numerical data, baby.

data.jpg

Group Leader
@ThePaulBunyanTrophy Huh. So the amount of typical takehome pay is a lot lower than I was thinking courtesy of underestimating Japanese taxes and forgetting about pensions (literally only one of the 30ish people I deal with on a regular basis have pensions, and she regrets taking it)... but that's still hardly an amount to be shocked by.

The moment of shock I'm referring to is on p20, well before any talk of his pay comes up, which is a surprising amount considering his listed duties are to greet her before she gets back, and that's it (If he's at all diligent about it and wants job security, I'd also tack on light housekeeping and a meal, but oh well.) He's a working adult and should have a rough grasp of the range of pay, so based on one of the aforementioned links, she makes 2-2.5x a typical managerial level employee makes, which is still high, but not spectacularly so. If we use the six-figure-net comparison for the US, that's like having your jaw drop that a professionally dressed woman looking like she's around 30 makes 150k. (And my response would just be a mild "Not bad. IT?")

But i guess ultimately that number was, as pointed out, deliberately chosen: It's considered good pay in Japan, but still a realistic number... which forms the root of my incredulity: It's a realistic number, so why be shocked about it? (In contrast another recent series has a high school girl from a poor family going blank that her NEET caretaker pulls 3-4mJPY a week. Which is a legitimately fairly large number whose effect is compounded given the apparent situation on both sides.)

Users who are viewing this thread