Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Ch. 92 - Hell’s Kitchen

Dex-chan lover
It's weird how Tomoe just explained how Makoto gets angry about curses and stuff regardless of if it happens to him but then the twins see his face and get the feeling that he doesn't care about anybody else. :unsure:
Not all that weird. It's been mentioned before about him really caring about people before, whether it was self-doubt, or a comment by another. It's also possible to show strong emotions to a situation but not those involved; it would be like how we are viscerally worldly events.

Dex-chan lover
It's weird how Tomoe just explained how Makoto gets angry about curses and stuff regardless of if it happens to him but then the twins see his face and get the feeling that he doesn't care about anybody else. :unsure:
Disinterest is different from not caring, and I think his disinterest is more directed towards the Hyumans than anything.

For instance, let's say I'm a doctor who is incredibly passionate in curing people of their ailments for whatever reason to the point of obsession. I can't stand to see someone suffering from even the common cold and do everything in my power to make them healthy again. But on the other hand, I don't really care about the personal lives of my patients, their mental wellbeing or their emotions. If they are physically healthy, they are pretty much just background noises to me.

I care about them to the point where I want them to live healthy lives but outside of that, I don't care. That's pretty much disinterest.

Dex-chan lover
It does make sense. He doesn't care about other people for the most part. What he does care about is the "unwanted change" happening. He didn't get angry for Lime's sake. It was just that something he hated happened, therefore he got angry.

maybe in the next 2 arcs? my memory from my novel reading days are hazy but i'm pretty sure
makoto gets involved with the demons and other earth gods before he interacts with the empire. actually now that i think about it, that might be closer to 5 arcs later. i'm pretty sure he has to meet with the original transmigrators that helped root create the guild and save a country where everything is japanese inspired because of said transmigrators before the whole empire thing. basically once the love potion comes into play it won't be long before that scene happens.
What is "that" scene?

Dex-chan lover
ah, okay, that makes so much sense, though, i wanna correct just a little bit that i think you got wrong, and it's not about the mental disorder

Makoto did give a harsh punishment to the residents, but it's mainly only the dark elf? (i forgot their race name, sorry) and that's only on the training, and he didn't exactly make the residents do difficult work, they basically asked to do self-management, right? unless i missed something, in fact, he actually asked them early on to care about themselves instead of him

well, Makoto aside, can't say the same on that aspect about Tomoe or Mio with the resident

i guess in a way we don't know what to say about his mental state other than him can be super cold towards people, especially people he doesn't know
True, he's mostly caring towards the demi-humans and his Rotsgard Academy students. He's tough but stays within their limits. It's harsh by earth human standards not by superhuman demiplane standards.

Even when he does give harsh punishments it's often played for laughs. Kinda like looney tunes logic, dropping a safe on Wile E Coyote but he's unharmed. With the dark elves it's treated like a "taming masochists" joke, since he doesn't trust them at first he tells Tomoe to whip them into shape. Knowing that it's hard to say he's punishing to the extent of damage or pain from a place of sociopathic disregard.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how many chapters until Makoto travel to the empire, I want to see "that" scene.
Let's see, The school, tournament, the thing from previous chapter, the sh*tty lady, fighting demon (plus sword swinging lady that cut mc's finger(charmed)), the school guests, revitalization of the city, etc, EGGS, and then empire(the kingdom first? empire first? or volcano? but certainly related to EGGS). So, like more than ten chapters probably.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
She never cursed his appearance. Her world just has high standards for beauty and looks. Since basically on the scale of appearance the average is 9, he with his ordinary looks is viewed as ugly.

The only thing she did to him was give the ability to speak on a language of any living being apart of Hyuman.

The reason why he can't physically speak is due to Goddess incompetence. When giving him the ability to speak to any living being she just slightly altered a blessing called "Mastery of Words", which basically allows the person to speak and understand any sound communication in existence. However in full throttle that blessings is not something that a mortal should have as it overloads their brain. He is generally fine as even slightly altered blessings is not that potent. But if he would be able to learn the Common language by itself and speak it, it would complete the blessings. Afaik his inability to pronounce words is basically his brain being unable to proces the information due to an overload.
He got to talk(addressed) to activate his unique technique way far later.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
he doesn't care about hyumans... so probably it's closer to that, Lime is already part of his family (demi plane people), so as he didn't gave a single f*ck about them they got that feel about him.

Will we finally see materia prima in action soon? Haven't read the novel in a while so I don't know how long till we get to that scene

Dex-chan lover
Will we finally see materia prima in action soon? Haven't read the novel in a while so I don't know how long till we get to that scene
iirc
a bit after this arc, which is also after the Goddess kidnapped him to help the hero, and confront "that" person

Dex-chan lover
Isn't he supposed to be ugly in the eyes of the hyumans, as he's lacking the goddess's blessing? I reckon a part of the twins' misjudgement is due to that. If he looks like a goblin in their eyes, they'd find it more difficult to find empathy in his visage.
I also don’t think he’d truly care for most Hyumans given his experience with the few that a.) immediately tried to kill him when he didn’t have his mask and b.) those that nearly destroyed the Dimiplane

Dex-chan lover
People with personality disorders often learn to fake neurotypical behaviors, because it keeps them out of trouble and makes them more effective in life. But at their core they don't think or feel those ways.

Spoiler for Length.
Symptoms of antisocial personality disorder (Sociopathy) include repeatedly:

• Ignoring right and wrong.
  • Telling lies to take advantage of others.
  • Not being sensitive to or respectful of others.
  • Using charm or wit to manipulate others for personal gain or pleasure.
  • Having a sense of superiority and being extremely opinionated.
  • Having problems with the law, including criminal behavior.
  • Being hostile, aggressive, violent or threatening to others.
  • Feeling no guilt about harming others.
  • Doing dangerous things with no regard for the safety of self or others.
  • Being irresponsible and failing to fulfill work or financial responsibilities.
In some ways it describes Makoto, but not enough to give a diagnosis. He is insensitive to the demiplane residents, subjecting them to harsh punishments and difficult work (but they worship him and happily go along with it). He doesn't show guilt about harming others, though he only uses violence to enact his sense of justice.

However he mostly doesn't fit the above criteria. He follows right and wrong and enforces justice. He's not a manipulative liar. He isn't charming or witty to manipulate others. He has an average sense of self, not superiority. He doesn't challenge the law. He doesn't start hostility or aggression, but does use violence as a response. He doesn't do dangerous risky things. He's a diligent worker.

Makoto is a godlike being, so if he were a sociopath he'd probably be murdering and stealing and doing sex crimes far and wide.
If anything I'd say that he's Borderline, rather than just a Sociopath.
  • An intense fear of abandonment, separation, or rejection
  • Precarious yet intense relationships with “black and white” thinking – idealizing someone one moment and devaluing them the next
  • Fluctuating, unstable identity with inconsistent goals and values. Seeing the self as overly flawed or nonexistent
  • Bouts of paranoia and poor reality testing lasting from that last up to a few hours
  • Impulsive and risky behavior, including gambling, reckless driving, unsafe sex, spending sprees, binge eating, drug abuse or self-destructive behaviors such as quitting a good job or relationship
  • Suicidal threats or behavior or self-injurious actions in fear of separation or rejection
  • Sweeping mood swings from joy to irritability, shame or anxiety
  • Feeling empty
  • Moments of intense anger, biting sarcasm or physical fights

Users who are viewing this thread