Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Vol. 13 Ch. 87 - The Myriad Colors

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, Root is a bit annoying but honestly I like them anyway. They are the kind of immortal that makes sense to me, excited to try new things rather than becoming some stagnant, depressed hermit disconnected from the world.

Dex-chan lover
Root, the Myriad sexual combinations. They're so pan it cooks you dinner.
as an aroace gal that has been harassed like people like root, i want to burn them to cinders.
Yes. As a demi, I find Root's pushy free-love approach very uncomfortable. It's very "no-means-yes" thinking. I guess when you're the second most powerful immortal existence in the world you don't think about refused consent.

Dex-chan lover
would be funny if root's name also refers to having "root access" to the world's knowledge
Uhm, about that... Pretty sure you're on the ball there, lol.

Anyways, Soseki Scans: Root ain't a they/them non-binary, like Tomoe called him. When he's male, he's a he. When he's female, he's a she (he used here because his current state is male). He can switch at will, similar to those fish and snails and such that can alter their biology fully to match what is needed in a given situation (except he does it consciously, not relying on pheromones and autonomous biological systems).

It's probably something like 30 years on that world is only 1 year on Earth. That would put 1,000 years (33 Earth years) around the 1990s, which is when the Super Nintendo/Famicom was out and 16bit RPGs were popular in Japan.

Also that would mean that Makoto's entire Isekai adventure so far has only taken place the same morning that he left Eatth.
The first set of adventurers arrived in the late 80s. They're described as having come in the late Showa Era later in the story, meaning they arrived before Hirohito's death in 1989.

Dex-chan lover
i wish the wanting to return trope would die i mean he should know earths god is asleep now and the time scale seems wonky i bet even if he did it would be at some random point in time
He's a highschooler, with family and friends who care for him back on earth, ofc he's going to want to return home.

Tsukiyomi is just one of the gods of Japanese mythology, not the sole god on Earth so there's others as well.

Dex-chan lover
i wish the wanting to return trope would die i mean he should know earths god is asleep now and the time scale seems wonky i bet even if he did it would be at some random point in time
He eventually gives up on going home, it's the main reason he's trying not to get too attached to people in this world, once he finally decides he's never going home, he starts opening up to others more, though in tomoe and mio's case it's a relationship upgrade (including what's implied to be alot of sex).

Dex-chan lover
Finally came Root. Nice adaptation. Good job, mangaka. Yep, he's the dream of hollywokes, a real gender-fluid, an LGBT+ who is actually charismatic. It's possible to do it when your main intention isn't to preach your ideology. Of course, he's treated by the story as a pervert, and he is one, but charismatic even so.

Dex-chan lover
would be funny if root's name also refers to having "root access" to the world's knowledge
While I don't know if that is part of why that is his name, that's not entirely inaccurate about the knowledge.

If I'm remembering right,
He is the original "god" of that world, after all.

Again, if I'm remembering right
you are right on the money. Even if normal people ever got enough power to open a hole between the worlds, they have zero way to even predict WHEN it will be on the other side. Note that this is a little fuzzy for deities like Tsukiyomi in Chapter 1--he was able to directly follow after Makoto. It's mentioned that it's previously unheard of for the goddess to have managed to grab 3 people in a small time frame from the same time on Earth.

Still, even if you hit the level cap, your level should not show up as 1

Does that mean he's over the cap?
That is eventually explained, but it is definitely a spoiler.

The inherent system that assigns level, jobs, etc in the new world determined Makoto to be a Level 1 GOD (with a max level of 1)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread