Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Vol. 13 Ch. 87 - The Myriad Colors

He eventually gives up on going home, it's the main reason he's trying not to get too attached to people in this world, once he finally decides he's never going home, he starts opening up to others more, though in tomoe and mio's case it's a relationship upgrade (including what's implied to be alot of sex).
Why does he give up on going home? Does he ever talk to his family since he was transported?

Dex-chan lover
It feels like I was the only one who felt like 70% of the chapter was wasted on Root's comedy routine.
"Haha Root is a sexual animal, such hilarity, much Japanese moral confusion"
The entire time I could only hope they'd just move on already. I don't care who Root fucks, just move on.

Dex-chan lover
While the revelation that this world's adventurers' guild is really a trap meant to thin out the hyumans' numbers, that also seems kind of insane to me.

If this scheme successfully thins/keeps their numbers in check, vs just making the population increase more slowly (which wouldn't actually solve the issue of their goddess favor being too much), how many people are becoming adventurers? It's gotta be an insane amount.

Dex-chan lover
If this scheme successfully thins/keeps their numbers in check, vs just making the population increase more slowly (which wouldn't actually solve the issue of their goddess favor being too much), how many people are becoming adventurers? It's gotta be an insane amount.
They don't need to keep all hymans in check. Root want to "trim" hymans with most dangerous mindset. Those greedy, who always want more of something. And are ready to choose the path of vilence for it.

So been a while since i re-read the whole manga, but when did Makoto ever see a skyscraper in this world? Or is Root just making a comparison to popular game tropes?

Dex-chan lover
Uhm, about that... Pretty sure you're on the ball there, lol.

Anyways, Soseki Scans: Root ain't a they/them non-binary, like Tomoe called him. When he's male, he's a he. When he's female, he's a she (he used here because his current state is male). He can switch at will, similar to those fish and snails and such that can alter their biology fully to match what is needed in a given situation (except he does it consciously, not relying on pheromones and autonomous biological systems).
so root is gender fluid

Dex-chan lover
oh 65535 as for 16-bit number? tought something like 2 billion like in 64bit one but ok
Oh boy. As someone that hasn't programmed in a decade, and had little care to notice, they changed the bit sizes around.

65535 is the top value for an unsigned (no negatives) 16-bit (2 byte) integer, but that also includes 0 as a possible value (likely ignored).

What threw me off when looking up things, is that now the standard it to have the "int" (integer base type) as 32-bit, instead of the 16-bit I used. The type "short" used to be 8-bits, is now 16-bit.

Anyways, if the system is unsigned, like it is implied, a 64-bit integer would cap out at 18,446,744,073,709,551,615. Signed out be half of that, abouts.

Dex-chan lover
Why does he give up on going home? Does he ever talk to his family since he was transported?
The point is, last I remember, he doesn't truly give up on going back, he gives up on returning, but he hopes to one day make a bridge so he can visit, but his new life is the god of his own world. As of the most recent chapter of the WN, chapter 461 of the main story and side story Extra 69, he is still just figuring himself out, still dealing with wars, and so on. A lot of development happens, but the main goals of the goddess' defeat and returning home are still very distant.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter :glee:
Ujzxnrz.gif

So been a while since i re-read the whole manga, but when did Makoto ever see a skyscraper in this world? Or is Root just making a comparison to popular game tropes?
He's just using it as a metaphor, if you sudden got abducted by aliens and they were little green men most people would think "ofc they are that's how they're always described in stories" instead of "how do they look exactly like I imagined them to be?". It's a forest for the tree's situation where you don't question the mundane in an extraordinary environment because it's a literary staple.

Users who are viewing this thread