Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Vol. 8 Ch. 50 - Determination in the Moonlight

Fed-Kun's army
@icam98 - The only thing that felt extraneous to me was that 'moon over ruined castle' bit, which seemed more like an effort to keep the MC in frame than relevant buildup. The manga is doing a pretty good job of tracking the story given how event and character dense this portion of the story is, but my understanding there is also that I KNOW what they're building up to. I know why these players need to be introduced and positioned for a major event. For someone just reading this I could see it feeling like the story has run off on a tangent, but I think the manga will be better for it in the long run.

Still, people grinding their teeth of the pacing in this arc are going to pop their dentures during the Apple arc.

Dex-chan lover
@Silvernius don't forget about her
wanting to genocide all non humans and the few she doesn't want to genocide she wants to enslave and then breed out of existence. there's a reason i keep calling her bitchbiki

Fed-Kun's army
@Doomer - That's more Bug's stance than Hibikis.
Hibiki is certainly an opportunistic enabler. She toes the party line and views systemic racism as akin to inevitable force of nature. However At one point she considered just switching to the Makoto train when she learns how bat-shit overpowered he is and thinks he could fight the 'natural order', but didn't because she hold's a grudge against Io for Naval's death. And... It's kind of common for soldiers who more or less fight for each-other to get swept into asshole activities due to an asshole in the chain of command? It's not an excuse, and of course it's hypocritical. Hibki isn't prejudiced against demons, she's just the typical nazi-soldier-following-orders type.

Sale tan lento que da la sensación de que no avanza nada la historia. Tuve que leer el capitulo anterior porque no recordaba en que había quedado.

Dex-chan lover
@Oinari @Kanol
it was after she and MC finally meet and she's trying to harness his powers against the non humans. she finally debates him on morality and ideology in the corridor of the palace at which point she says she want to exterminate most non humans and enslave the rest and breed them out of existence so only humans remain.
it was at that point that i started hating her, before that i disliked her but that really was the last straw. this was like 2 years ago so my memory is foggy but i do specifically her talking about that with him.

Double-page supporter
@Doomer
alright so i just re read that entire dialogue to make sure i got the right info, but she does not wish for that, mostly.
she mentions getting rid of the DEMONS army and leadership, nothing about breeding them out. The slavery remark is because she sees that as the only role the demons/demi-hyumans could have in the GODDESS WORLD were they can co exist with the hyumans, from there hopefully they could change the way they are perceived, change from the inside out. because they have gone against the natural order of this world they can be consider evil that inflict pain and terror so progress wont advance until they are driven into a corner.
i dont agree with her at all and just comes off as an arrogant person that until now has always seen ppl from the top and as such holds a bias view of right and wrong. and when she faces Makoto and sees the different in strength and position where she can neither control nor influence, she can't agree with Makoto as their ideologies and views are opposite even if they both agree in
goddess bad,
try to do good goals.

Fed-Kun's army
@Doomer - Chapter 211 and 212.
That was right after Waterfall asked Hibiki to try and keep Makoto chained down so he wouldn't wreck the planet, so it seemed pretty stupid of her to try and get him interested in taking sides in a war anyway. Later in her internal monologue when she's not just bullshitting Makoto she admits that she's mostly motivated by her grudge against Io. I'm not sure why you specify 'breed them out of existence' multiple times. 🤨 She does say some stupid shit about how the demons should have surrendered as slaves instead of fighting, but also "Tentatively speaking, I would like to eliminate the influence and distortion of the Goddess”. But feel free to dislike her. At best she is kind of a moral coward.

Also worth noting, even Zef calls it a war of annihilation. The best normal win state for the demons is to wipe out hyumans utterly and hope the goddess loses interest in the world. One possible win state for everyone would be for Makoto to vacuum all the Hyumans into Asora. It would piss off bug quite a lot, I think.

@lolfacesayshi
She dies before Hibiki even meets Makoto.
And yes its Mio that kills her, when she was a mindless spider.
And yes Hibiki holds a grudge, but realizes just how far out Mio is compared to her and would only get ground stomped.

@Kodakowl
Dont seriously....
Tomoki is a narcissistic ass.
He tries to NTR Shin, only making Shin even more pissed off almost killing him.
He's that one character in this series that you want to have a bitter end.

@aigomorla
No, Mio not killed her. Navarre die because she saves Hibiki in this war. Sacrifice herself to take down one demon general with suicide skill, but fail to kill the general because he has regeneration skill

Iod

Everyone but the MC is gettin some kind of development.

Users who are viewing this thread