Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Vol. 8 Ch. 51 - Goddess Knows...

Dex-chan lover
@RhythmiC I figured she was with how much people talk about WN Hibiki and Tomoki in the manga chapter discussions. It's still such a goofy thing to hear from a character.

Dex-chan lover
Whoever the hell these characters are, I don't freaking care about them. Just get me back to Makoto and friends please.

Dex-chan lover
I always imagined Io to be something like Machamp when i read the WN. Guess I'm wrong.

Dex-chan lover
wow hibiki is fucked in the head. She thinks that generations of demons should suffer through slavery for the betterment of everyone. Slavery of demons and demi humans would never disappear in that world unless their monarchies went away and the goddess losing influence because their religion deems non humans as less and demons as enemies of the goddess and enemies of the goddess can't have rights in human society.

I think I see where this is going. Having only read the manga my guess is that this is a setup for the 2 heroes to be antagonists for Makoto.
Two heroes who's view point is misguided first then is changed by their experience of the world. Whereas Makoto creates an alternative through the pocket world.

But honestly those two aren't engaging or interesting. This arc also has zero stakes for us to be invested in it. The reason for the conflict isn't well defined or explained (and if it was explained I completely forgot about it, which ... in terms of writing is bad).
At this point I'm more interested in what the trash princess might be doing than these two.

I understand this is setup for the development of the heroes but ... damn I want it to be over with.

wn reader here, it's not that hibiki is bad, she's assuming that the goddess is omnipotent and thus cannot be opposed. Thus slavery is her best option to help the demons survive. hibiki lacks the knowledge and allies that makoto has

Contributor
Spoilers:
Man. She's so fucking naive. Can't wait for Makoto to just fucking nuke the battlefield already. Or for him to just get to the academy already.

Supporter
@vaur You're not exactly right, but not entirely wrong either.

Also, the heroes' development is interconnected to Makoto. This will be made clear much, much later. It won't make much sense to you if you don't read this part though.

I hate this part of the story, and I hate Makoto's part in this too. It's the absolutely worst part of the WN for me. But the story only keeps getting better and better after this part is over, so I recommend hanging in there, although I also recommend reading the WN for the story because the manga is over a decade of chapter releases behind if it continues in this pace. The manga is really nice for the artwork though, the illustrations are really cool.

Dex-chan lover
@BestBoy Can you please not take the bad behaviour of the USA as "the rest of the world"? Here in latinoamerica we outlawed slavery MONTHS into our independencies and never had apartheid in the first place, so all your racistic views and how you STILL seem to struggle with it are utterly alien to us.

Dex-chan lover
@RhythmiC After that annoying dumbass hero gets bitch slapped by Makoto I'll be enjoying this sooo much more, so it's good that it'll be getting better from here. I do enjoy it quite a bit already, but this is probably only in my top 5 or 10 ongoing series right now.

@Miros
The demon lord's main army is currently headed to limia's capital while both gritonia/limia are attacking this fort. The goddess summons/teleports makoto into the middle of the the army that is headed to limia's capital in hopes that he will defeat them. Makoto uses a strong arrow/attack that is powered by several of his spent ring's (remember the ones that exploded awhile back?) and nukes both the human and demon army as he makes his escape.

big spoilers

Dex-chan lover
goddamn naive stupid brickass 🤬 these ppl remind me of the need for re-education camp 😤

Haven't read this chapter, but I gotta ask. Why is the first page quality so poor? I appreciate the translation but it feels like the bare minimum of cleaning and type setting.

Contributor
@BrokenGale 5-7 more chapter of this bs? This is update once a month and if this continues without Makoto I am giving up. Better I would read the wn

Users who are viewing this thread