Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Vol. 8 Ch. 53 - The Disappearance of Misumi Makoto

Dex-chan lover
You kidding me? I endured the constant bs of weakshit heroes and now you're just gonna show the mc for a few panels again? Ffs man i wanna cry

I prefer when Sophia appears
at the second time,
that beating was so satisfying to read.

Like this is the worst arc so far! Nothing about the MC, all the build up and just taking too long to get to the supposed good parts. The side characters are so boring and inconsequential.

Worst part!? Next chapter is god damn same, by looking at the raws. Maybe even worse..

Dex-chan lover
Wha? "Lut" not "Root"??? Considering the dragon's relationships, "Root" is much more appropriate translation.
Root is the original dragon. All other dragons were created from Root. Thus making "Root" a much more appropriate name.

@plsnobully Not really a spoiler if you've remember everything that's been mentioned so far.
She's Sophia the highest ranking/leveled adventure. Her level was mentioned to be about 960 if I remember correctly.
Big spoiler.
Sophia is a decedent of Root's and has been killing dragons and absorbing their power in order to kill Root.

Dex-chan lover
My only real question is, does Makoto ever get to bitch slap the goddess? Spoilers will do to compensate for this, kind of boring part lately.

someone kindly spoil me pls, will makoto takes part on the war ? will he fight the demon army ? will the heroes from japan recognize him ?
will he get his revenge for the shitty goddess ?

Dex-chan lover
Augh. This translation is sooo painful compared to the WN's translation.

"Madam Tomoe", "Young Master", "Big Sis Hibiki".

C'mon, translators -- consider your audience for once. We all know our -sans from our -samas, and "Madam Mio" sounds like a bad musical full of ABBA songs.

But instead we have to figure out whether "Big Sis" is a bad translation of "nee-san", a bad translation of "onee-sama" or a bad translation of "aneki"--and regardless of what it is a bad translation of, it sounds like horrible English. No one speaking English goes around calling each other "Big Sis Jennifer" or "Big Bro Thomas". It's a half-ass translation. You are translating the words into English, but leaving the expression and syntax Japanese.

If you can't translate the meaning of the words *and* the expression of the words (and you can't, that's just fact--even professional translators wind up with janky and awkward honorifics) then just translate the honorifics and relationship words to romanji, like 99% of other MangaDex translators do. Anyone who is reading Chapter 53 of a manga is well versed with who is referred to with -sensei and when you can call a man ossan and the difference between -kun and -dono.

Just trust your readers, and stop talking down to them.

Dex-chan lover
man, that surprise attack fits for such a pussy like her, loosing fingers...but she'll get her ass spanked later on man, can't wait

@belkin @dvaranigra okay sure

She's Sophia, the Dragon Killer, the greatest adventurer in the world. the goddess just teleported makoto into the battle in an attempt to get him ganked by her or someone on the battlefield. it does not go well for...most people involved, really. if you want more detail:
he gets teleported into the sky to fall to his death, sophia attacks him, he panics and drops one of his rings that has been draining/absorbing his power for a long time and teleports out of there, and the ring hits the ground and just nukes/vaporizes almost everyone there as well as the entire fortress, creating a massive crater lake and spreading rumors around the globe of some "god of destruction" who wiped out every side in the fight in an instant

I would say dive into the webnovel if you can't wait. the manga is going at a pretty slow pace, though I do like how it's portrayed Io, he rules.

Users who are viewing this thread