Twitter Plays a Visual Novel - Ch. 13 - Alternate Ending

Dex-chan lover
ForcefulFoolhardyAmurstarfish-size_restricted.gif

Dex-chan lover
Okay. Im conflicted. Is this good or bad?
I mean in a personal level for the MC. Yes its good. But universally its bad.

Dex-chan lover
Oof no

The true end is for the best.
Momentary happiness is short, the guilt will destroy you slowly...

Shiren is strong huh, this ending is better but the other one is more interesting.

Dex-chan lover
Wow so in this ending he ends up being really guilt-ridden for the lives that were lost but has Shiren by his side despite the fact she'll continue to absorb curses from people to help prolong their lives. I don't know which take is better/happier but good know what the author had planned out. Thanks for the translations.

Dex-chan lover
Neither of them really happy ending huh. Even though Shiren lives seeing the kid dies really hurt.

Supporter
Uh, what backward logic.
The fault does not rest with the MC, nor with Shiren. (Well, maybe they could have informed the affected people, and the world at large, about the curses, so they could prepare.)
The fault is with the rampant curses alone (as well as with whoever released them originally). The humanity should battle against them in a coordinated fashion, instead of keeping them to some hidden occult knowledge for a few privileged people.

In this ending the potential for the net good is greater. In the original, though the hundred so people were saved from this curse specifically (we don't know if they'll catch other curses or manage to die through other means anyway), the curses will keep killing other people without anyone being none the wiser. In this the misplaced guilt could have driven them to seek and find permanent solutions against the curses. (Like convince the damn religions of the existence of these, have Shiren identify the affected people and perform some intense concentrated mass congregation exorcism on them or something. Like with a thousand monks per affected person or something along those lines. One would think eventually they would find something that sticks.)

I feel like this is the better ending, since while the 100 people die in this one, and shiren continues taking the curses of other people, if you look at it the other way, the first ending saves the first 100 people but all the other people who were cursed will die without their lives being extended like in this one.
tl;dr- People will die from the curse no matter the outcome, this ending shiren lives though

@Saybah Idk, I prefer the main ending since only 1 dies and the others are saved from the curse suffering. Yeh Shiren may have died, but only person died and it was for a greater cause. I also don't like the idea of a lot of families and suffering, because a dude did it for one person.

Dex-chan lover
@Chromoz that's just because we're observing from afar and it's not affecting us personally, yeah it's for the greater good but if this is actually happening to us and we have to chose our beloved one to die for stranger's sake, can we still do that rationally? And also you missed the point that people will keep dying since the curse still exists, it's just a temporary measure.

Dex-chan lover
@Chromoz Yeah but those cursed were destined to die if not for Shiren taking the curse, so this ending basically just returning (mostly) everything back to how it supposed to be. Both also has MC broken down by the guilt of either Shiren's death or a lot of people's death, and ends with him getting back on his lives by either on his own or with Shiren's help.

So I dunno, I guess I can see the "greater cause" reasoning, but I also prefer ending where Shiren lives.

Dex-chan lover
@Chromoz But here is the thing... they were all meant to die. If they need to sacrifice an innocent lady to save all of those lives, is that really right?

People die. That is a sad reality. It's their fate. A person shouldn't be forced to sacrifice their own life to save others. She already suffers just to extend their lives....

They were already meant to die and she suffered to extend their lives.

@Zael Problem is that most people wouldn't really believe in a curse. And people naturally die anyways.

Hell, her method might be the only way to end the curse; but reality is... even without a curse, people will die.

Of course, stopping a curse is important, but you shouldn't be forced to sacrifice your own life to save others. And you shouldn't have to sacrifice your loved one to save them either.

@freaksho3 Is it? Think about it. People die anyways, curse or not. And this girl already is extending their lives. She doesn't have to do that. But she suffered and did anyways. She already did good for them.

Yes, they died. But so what? She should sacrifice hers for that? He should kill the woman he loves for others?

Death is a natural thing. So between your loved one and others who are meant to die... why sacrifice your loved one?

Dex-chan lover
waifu > all
whole thing is the classic trolley moral quandary, impossible to say what the "good" decision is

Users who are viewing this thread