Ushiro no Seki no Gyaru ni Sukarete Shimatta. - Mou Ore wa Damekamoshirenai - Ch. 1 - Chapter 1 (Full)

Dex-chan lover
It's the misantropic and insecure 8man/catcher in the rye character. Basically overly self-centered, self conscious, angsty teen.
You accurately described my aversion to this MC--and, in the process, revived bad memories of that damned book I had to read in HS.

I don't care how critically acclaimed that book is--Holden Caulfield is insufferable, and this MC seems to be heading quickly toward that same state. He doesn't come across as merely cynical but excessively so, such that he just seems paranoid: he actually concerned himself with whether or not the snack Shino gave him was tainted. And then there was that very prevalent "I just want to live a normal life~" mantra. Yeah, well, mistreating a popular girl--especially when she's done little to nothing to deserve it--is a reliable way to at least make yourself a pariah at school, at best.

I saw some saying that the story gets better--would be good if it did, but the start's really rough.

Dex-chan lover
I find it really hilarious that she kept poking his back with a pen for three days lol

Double-page supporter
Why do nice girls always hang out with shallow jerks? Since when the hell does being a human being make you a wimp? Hmph, d-bags like those girls never get meaningful relationships.

Dex-chan lover
While I don't understand why you would have those books, considering internet exists... I am even more confused as to why you would feel the need to throw them away "because someone might find them if they snoop". Are their contents illegal?

Dex-chan lover
oh my, so many thoughts and opinions here

mc really is a misanthropic prickly prick, though it's hard to say he's necessarily done anything malicious. for sure immaturely handling a situation— cause he's a kid. I feel like the only reason we're so up and arms about it is just that this is the same tropes as ever of a popular girl dating some lower caste guy and argue why the guy is never worthy of being in this setting. which is understandable. but.. idk. i see a bit of myself in that little shit, and that makes me part of the targeted audience. so the only thing that keeps me here is to wonder how he improves beyond it then. xd

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread