Villainess Level 99 ~I May Be the Hidden Boss but I'm Not the Demon Lord~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Thanks For Your Hard Work!!! ♡♡♡ Can't Wait For More!!! ♡♡♡ And Stay Safe!!!

Aggregator gang
LOL asking the hidden boss to take on the demon lord.... The irony!
But I'm so happy the king and queen are reasonable. The series that have stupid, unreasonable crown princes become so much more annoying when his parents are the same.

Aggregator gang
@angry_noodles You're not wrong, but it's such a common thing in isekai/otherworld manga/manhwa that I don't even get irritated by it anymore.

I want to see
Her dragon pet later on. It's supposed to look extra sinister because she poured her mana into the dragon egg (several times the norm too). I've been wanting to see it ever since i picked up the web novel.

Dex-chan lover
@IMACOP: Actually
The prince was still an idiot even after being told as much by the king/queen.

It's only after Mr.Husband told him about Eumi's life story that the prince came around.

On the last page with the king, I think using 'if' would be better.

Some tidbits not mentioned in this chapter that was in the WN
When the [Sword] and [Shield] bit happen, Eumi 'explained' for the reader that she's swearing to be the shield only i.e. implying that she will refuse being used for something like invading another country.
And yes the king is aware of that little switch, thus the "...I understand"

And this one might show up in the next chapter instead so I'll put it in spoiler
The queen ask Eumi about her life in the past, and got teary-eyed for it (y'know, neglected child, live in practically confinement, etc)

Yeah she turned into a mother-figure for Eumi

@angry_noodles : If it'll helps
The whole discrimination is actually propaganda by the founding king.

The 'demon lord' was actually a human serving the country during its founding, but the 'hero king' got paranoid and ostracized him.
Then, despite the demon lord never actually doing anything bad, eventually attacked and sealed him.
(yes, the demon lord area was part of the country back then, that's why there's a castle there)

It's part of why the king is really nice to Eumi, he's aware of the truth and how this current events is heading towards a repeat of that so he want to prevent it.
He accidentally blurted out about avoiding a 2nd demon lord which left Eumi confused since she only knew about one of them.
He told Eumi that he feels it's not the time to explain it, and Eumi trust him enough to leave it at that.

Contributor
Reasonable Authority Figures, though if the spoilers are correct, things are certainly more complicated than that.

The hidden boss joining the hero party to have a face off with the demon king?
That poor sucker.. would be nice to end with a classic team betrayal + side switching to announce herself as the new boss.

Users who are viewing this thread