Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 26

Dex-chan lover
@make it fall
Ah yes. He cares so much that he doesn't hesitate to do fucking nothing when she gets abused or when she gets killed, but go off I guess
Well yes and no, It's hard to swallow but the duke care about her but he think only being strict to her.
In fact this is the type of conversation that trigger him and let him understand that he is too strict.
Before he was just so much exasperated that he didn't check MC version of incident and just punish her.

Now she have plaid mercy twice and he start to realise that he didn't talk to her other than scold her, now in this chapter he listen for the first time what Peneloppe have to say and that chock him. He like his daughter, he just think he his strict with her but she told him 2 shocking news :

- She didn't ask for permission to leave because he just never let her go before, at all. That not say in this chapter but in the novel at this conversation. This part was cut but except if the family receive an invitation and her name was writing inside, she never leave her home, so she just didn't think he will give her permission.

- She didn't have a bodygard and the knight didn't respect her and will probably abandon her if she was in trouble.
Better explain in the novel but a lady must have a bodygard, more is the statue, more bodygard, this is humiliation to not have enough bodygard when you have a high statut, she didn't have one. Because of the point 1 she never go out but this is a vicious circle.
And the duke know what the knight think about Peneloppe and can't refute that it's not impossible they don't protect her.

I won't say he is a good father, just he think he is just strict. But he is guilty of never listen Peneloppe version and that lead to this situation.

Even the shittiest parents can still care about their children, it doesn't absolve them of whatever abuse or neglect they've done

Dex-chan lover
@Binary10011
They only know a brat who cause trouble everywhere, they didn't have to check to know it's her fault, until recently.

Now she behave but trouble come as always and she didn't try to explain, even when she clearly inocent that quite shocking they start to see their own behavior.
It's easy to overlook your own fault when you talk to someone who didn't behave but now they can't veiled their face

Oh it's different from the novel. In the novel she said her father never let her out except for official events

@AnAverageGuy

Things changed when she called the Duke "father". He may trash in the past with original Penelope, but he is literally doting current Penelope so hard in the present. If you read the novel, you will be like "what? Duke just let her off after what she has done something so ridiculous" X 100 times.

Here is my favorite part Duke - Penelope scene in the novel:

Penelope asked for a pocket money, he gave her the diamond mine and make her the owner of the mine. Penelope was like "...."

Dex-chan lover
@Xevin
He wasn't trash in the past, it was more of miscomunication with the duke especially though, that said
the curse the "heroine" put on penelope certainly didn't help, in the world she's in or back on earth.

This story is so good- can’t wait to see what happens next. Thank you for the chapter!

Group Leader
@JutlandAngel They were killing her at every misstep because of "Seems to me he dad and oldest brother didn't really hate her but was frustrated with how she acted before." before?

Double-page supporter
@Xevin I mean, Old Penelope was only acting up because "Any attention is good attention" she craved attention and since the family made it clear they wouldn't give her positive attention she just wanted some sort of reaction out of them.

Double-page supporter
@JutlandAngel They emotionally neglected her then were all surprised pikachu face when she began doing Attention-seeking behavior. Negative attention is still attention, not that they cared to find the root of why she was behaving that way

I love (1) one dad! I don’t trust Derrik, it sounds to me like he had feelings for Penelope and that’s why he didn’t like her calling him brother.
TheDuke was neglectful but his heart is in the right place now. Let’s see if he can earn her forgiveness.
(Fuck the brothers, die from guilt for all I care)

Users who are viewing this thread