Vinland Saga - Vol. 24 Ch. 169 - Sailing West Part 3

@mightyr09
One thing to keep in mind is that when halvor's dad leaves and comes back, he's shown with an eyepatch...
remember that one time torgrim saw Thorkell as that demon, maybe it's the way the mom and the villagers saw thorkell as, metaphorically of course

That demon-looking man was definitely supposed to be Thorkell.
So Thorkell fucked? Always thought he was the type whose only love is the battlefield. There was also this crack theory that Garm is Thorkell's son, but I guess that's not the case.

Double-page supporter
Time for Thorfinn to do what Thors did for the slave in past. Let's see how this will go...

Hox dropped because was busy with Sangokushi (60 fucking vols) and Punpun, in addition to other Taiyou titles, not because of the manga content.

@Gabisuuu That's not true, Hox said he hated the timeskip before dropping the manga. Why are you lying?

https://desuarchive.org/a/thread/193603157/#193608815

ByqWr89.png

@supermoonchrome I was referring to the translation of the manga, since he did it, I looked at all the answers, he just showed immaturity, contrasting his personal taste in script just because he had a broken expectation, which by the way is wrong, and any brat who knows how stories work, would not choose this method.

The Greek empire/country is not important now, the story does not need to lack this medium already implementing a discourse and opposing ideas to be debated, in the same way that he criticizes Hild, who ends up being banal and not at all constructive, Hild was planned to be the consequence of Thorfinn and a burden that he carries (this creates a contrast even with the burden that Askeladd carried), I do not know why he required development, if she remains the same person who lives stuck in the past, there is no reason requires development in whoever follows a revenge/blind pride, it will be exploited later is completely understandable, it does not need a development, it is unidimensionally justified just like Thorfinn EDGY was long ago. If you use this basis of criticism, then the entire prologue of Vinland Saga is a disaster as Thorfinn does not find his development within the arc (even if there is justification for him to advance).

I also analyzed the arguments that tried to solidify the opposite, being that a character being important to the protagonist as a means of development is clearly optional, the lack of syntax in the texts that present counter-arguments is due to just observing things like black and white, and not seek other alternatives because they do not know how to think, there may be someone who changes Hild, Thorfinn is incapable of that, he is not the right person to change it, experiences with other people can change himself and how you think, it is something that lies in the very nature of the human being, because it may even be understandable for a person outside Thorfinn's group to change him, being the only one who is excluded in the circle, without absorbing any empathy, which results in that gestures of hope can be the path to development, so much so that it can give depth about her future in relation to this person, everyone who took care of Hild ended up dead, which sparks perhaps a fear between her losing a loved one again, are assumptions, but are strong enough to ensure that she can have a future.

It is very immature to drop something just because your expectation has been broken and still basing your personal taste, however cool it would be to explore that place, both Yukimura's narrative always gave time-skips when the story had an impact, if we don't need the bow in greece now, it is because it is not important for the actions of the present.

@supermoonchrome I justified my words, because I thought it refers to the shit of manga TRANSLATION (which he himself stopped translating), you incompetent, understand now? I saw all of you comments that are basically ctrl c and ctrl v of what he said, take the wall text that as an appropriate response to them.

people A: refers to 1 reason
people B: Hox dropped because... 2 reason
people A: oh ok, i thought it was 1 reason
people B: Hos dropped because... 2 reason

fuck off, i already understood about it, stop acting like a parrot, nobody here is blind to not having to read the reason to why him dropped the manga.

Bro, if you don't like it then just say you don't like it without trying to justify your opinion by referring to the previous translator dropping it. As if that person's opinion matters. Think for yourself. And funny thing is that as soon as they dropped it two groups jumped at the opportunity to pick up the title. And now we have two translations each time a chapter is released. I guess if I were to utilize your simple minded way of thinking, this means the manga is now 2x better than before! Wow.

Anyway, I enjoyed that chapter. Thanks for the translation.

Users who are viewing this thread